Jake out ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don’t know about the rest of you, but up until a cpl months ago when Tedesco did one, I’d never heard of a hip-pointer injury. Now you hear it regularly. Is it just something that in the old days, they’d call it a fuukn sore hip, and have a week or two off. But now they’ve given it a flash name.
I’ll also take back my prediction of flogging the Tits. Jakes work rate is second to none. Big hole to fill.
It must be pretty bad to sideline Jake from origin that’s for sure. Guys tough as nails! I get the sense now we might just see how much of a loss Jake really is when out v Titans. Still can win this one but it’s a big out with already being low on forward stocks. I really hope Brimson is out now.

Perhaps the turnaround in formis because Des and Donny have decided enough is enough and have stepped up training.
When we were on our run of losses most on here were saying how off the pace we looked. Slow in the ruck etc.
We look a lot better now so perhaps no lazy training days anymore???
They do actually do full contact sessions at training. Injuries happen there and on game day and in the shower.

It must be pretty bad to sideline Jake from origin that’s for sure. Guys tough as nails! I get the sense now we might just see how much of a loss Jake really is when out v Titans. Still can win this one but it’s a big out with already being low on forward stocks. I really hope Brimson is out now.
And the fact you know the titans will be up for this match. Danger game now , we should have enough talent to still win but a margin of 1-12 points seems more likely now. I would be happy just to take the win

Look at least in a slight positive to this, a mid season freshen up for Jake isn’t a bad thing. The bloke makes a thousand tackles a week and has played every game this season, not ideal for this weekend but if it’s only a week off plus the bye, I’ll cop it.
With Easts getting flogged and playing melb next game this is a massive game for us in terms of top 4 progression. We beat tits and dogs by good margins and Easts cop a belting by knights we could near on jump them.

With Easts getting flogged and playing melb next game this is a massive game for us in terms of top 4 progression. We beat tits and dogs by good margins and Easts cop a belting by knights we could near on jump them.
Oops belting by Storm I meant.

Big loss in defence which will decide the game against the Titans because they can attack with the best of them...danger in the middle third controlling the ruck now.
I am also worried abour our attack - Jake takes the ball to the line first pass off before passing to DCE or Foran. Without him and also Schu who can both do that we have a huge huge issue - unless they replace him with Lawnton who has some passing smarts and can also defend.

I agree we win I think us playing finals footy is a lock and being only 2 points away from 5th as you said huge huge game for us.

would still only put us in possible 5th thou.

Perhaps the turnaround in formis because Des and Donny have decided enough is enough and have stepped up training.
When we were on our run of losses most on here were saying how off the pace we looked. Slow in the ruck etc.
We look a lot better now so perhaps no lazy training days anymore???
Without knowing the facts, I’d go with that 100%, I’ve read elsewhere othersides are training at game day intensity, the difference between our start of season fitness and how where travelling now are worlds apart, so it makes perfect sense, so with high intensity training (especially contact work) comes the added risk of the odd injury.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but up until a cpl months ago when Tedesco did one, I’d never heard of a hip-pointer injury. Now you hear it regularly. Is it just something that in the old days, they’d call it a fuukn sore hip, and have a week or two off. But now they’ve given it a flash name.
I’ll also take back my prediction of flogging the Tits. Jakes work rate is second to none. Big hole to fill.
bit like syndesmosis

Never seen so many off field training injuries. Oh for the simple old days, when John Jughead Jones got injured dropping a fridge on his foot.

1993-Manly-Sea-Eagles-Rugby-League.jpg

I am also worried abour our attack - Jake takes the ball to the line first pass off before passing to DCE or Foran. Without him and also Schu who can both do that we have a huge huge issue - unless they replace him with Lawnton who has some passing smarts and can also defend.
Yep good point. Jake has been the key to unlocking a lot of Tommy's potency in attack since he came back, especially down that right edge. It'll be a big hole to fill. Be interesting to see who ends up at lock. I expect that DeLuis will come onto bench now.

would still only put us in possible 5th thou.
Crap I forgot about the slime! We need the slime to lose a few and they do have a rough run home. These games are must win for us now if we want a position in the 4. Unless Tom goes down we are a lock for finals with the draw we have. I put us in the same group as Easts, Parra and Souths now. Melb and Rith still the benchmark but I think with a decent team fielded and playing our best footy us and Souths can knock over the top 2. The game vs Storm later in the year will be massive.

Guess that Lawton to 13 and Keppie into the back row seems the most logical move . Long time since Haumole has played 13 so not a lot of options and Walker most likely to play a role there as well but couldn 't anticipate from the start . Haumole and Keppie could both revert to a prop 's role if required and maybe a case to include Suli on the bench for a bit of impact but also guess that De Luis would be most likely the next bench option . Really need the pack to go well , still have the attacking ability and definitely need the same resolve in defence as when they met the Titans at Mudgee

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8