Jake has COVID

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would have been good if he did actually play at 13 the previous week but just did not eventuate apparently . Not being used properly and just looks a bit lost in his recent Black Town appearance on an edge . Probably could have the attributes for a decent 13 role but needs a bit better grounding and form lift for that to occur any time soon . Still think just on ability and potential, he has something going for him and can still do good somewhere in the Manly pack and at a higher level .
he played some of the blacktown game on sat at lock, wasnt too bad, he ran hard at times

his parents were sitting near me and i heard them say how cautious he is with taking selfies and meeting fans because of covid
Was at the game as well, and after the game he went around and took plenty of photos with the supporters. In the northern left corner he was there for about 15 mins doing snap after snap. Tom did something similar with Ben for a while as well. Not knocking it, I thought that it was really cool they took time talking and chatting with anyone. There not the usual ego maniacs that other players are like.

Thing that surprised me was Burbo, Shoe & Toula doing some sprints after the game when the crowd had pretty much left.

Sat down with Cliffy Lyon and his family for 20 mins as well. Fair dinkum he's a good bloke.

Great way to welcome @byso to the over 50's old fa%ts club!

We still if we are serious about playing finals footy have enough talent to win on Friday.

Yes jake is a big out and I hope he gets better soon but on paper we still have a far superior team than the dragons.

We lose Friday we don't deserve to be playing finals footy.

Schuster to lock... simple as! Paseka to the bench... bit more prop rotation required to try and make up for Jake's carries. Not sure though who makes up his 40/50 tackles... that is a huge huge hole to fill and then considering nobody will be there to do all the tidy up work he does. Arghhhhhh

For the more footy minded a question

How much of an impact will there be on our attacking play considering how often he handles the ball in each set etc

Interesting. We now have eight nine players mentioned as possible replacements for Jake. We may as well include Burbo as the tenth :)

Walker
Bullemor
Schuster
Keppie
Taupau
Aloiai
Olakau'atu
De Luis
Paseka
(Burbo)

When Jake was out last year, I think Keppie started as lock, so it will most likely be him, or Aloiai, who recently played lock for Samoa. We'll find out later today, but the selection may not be final till later in the week. It may depend also on the make up of the Dragons pack.

Last edited:
For the more footy minded a question

How much of an impact will there be on our attacking play considering how often he handles the ball in each set etc
thats what I was thinking also ,he handles the ball as a link man alot!!!and in crucial circumstances ,I cant imagine KDL doing that or even Paseka,Tapau etc ,so I think the Schu provided he is fit and Paseka on the bench for increased prop rotation so that they can all lift 10% to cover Jakes clean up work and still get a break if needed

Also this is the least disruptive to the team dynamics which have worked so well over the last month or so. On top of that the Schu has been pretty much excess to requirements only getting on with 10 minutes or so

Last edited:
How about Bullemor to lock, he was selected there recently in reserves. He could probably last longer than some other candidates and the wisdom seems to be that he's best in the middle anyway?
Only problem with that is that Paseka appears to be next forward up so it probably won't happen.
I take it you missed the reserve grade game against Newy. He was bog average. We have definitely been sold a lemon. Paseka a must.

Would be absolutely shocked if De Luis starts at lock and would surprised he would even be in the 17 unless further injuries.

Walker will stay on the bench.

As others have noted, Keppie was named there last year so he should be favourite.

Interesting. We now have eight nine players mentioned as possible replacements for Jake. We may as well include Burbo as the tenth :)
Hate to put the mock on him but wonder if Burbo has it too, or at least isolated/not available

Ok losing Jake was bad enough, now Davey WTF, hopefully no more positives, guess Bully becomes next man up. This makes the whole pack reshuffle a little more complicated. They all just have to dig in and play like our season hangs on it, do that and we should still be to good for Saints.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7