Jake Friend...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I care because of my hatred for the Scum and the fact this bloke can do no wrong and basically plays to his own rule book..He is 31 yet the Broncos were going to give him a million for 4 years.If he is not in decline I am missing something.

I noted it last year - if he is not in their Team, they are running around like headless Chooks :cool:

However, Cam is still the master manipulator as far as Officialdom goes - Friend can not match Cam's undermining of their decisions, that ultimately result in their not calling his constant offside and forward pass plays:dodgy:

COMMANDER said:
I'll discuss, only if you give me a "like" Susan.

susan said:
My heartiest apologies for the use of the word "discuss". .it has been removed.

lol, commander. Susan hangs onto his "likes" like a lawyer onto their retainer!

susan said:
I care because of my hatred for the Scum and the fact this bloke can do no wrong and basically plays to his own rule book..He is 31 yet the Broncos were going to give him a million for 4 years.If he is not in decline I am missing something.

That would make cam the "Scumdog Millionaire"

There is hope, I think he was penalised several times in the ruck last night, Bad referee, Bad boy.

Also starting to rate hinchcliff as an up and comer in the grub stakes.

susan said:

I think what's missing, for mine susan, is some well deserved praise for Manly and their forwards this week...

I may have missed it, but some acknowledgement and concession that you're assessment was a little wide of the mark there, wouldn't go astray!

I also couldn't give a s#1t about Smith and Friend today, BTW.

Enjoy the public holiday mate.

There's no doubt Smith has benefited with being able to take club combinations into the rep level, which probably makes his game seem a little better than it truly is. That sort of innate knowledge of where your teammate will be in different situations and what they are good and bad at makes his decision making look better than it would be if he was going into a team with a spine he wasn't familiar with. Slater, Cronk and he, and to a lesser extent Inglis, have played plenty of games together.... they know each other back the front. (I'm sure they've lined up in the shower like that many a time)

But saying that I still think he is the best in the business. He's not a dynamic, sniping, running dummy half, but he has a very good football brain and is a great ball player. Grub or not, he is still the best.

Friend has some way to go before he even start to hold a candle to Smiths achievements.

In my mind dce starting and him to the bench are going to be huge bonus for qld in state of o 2

Jake Friend is the underrated player of the Roosters star studded team. When he doesn't play, or goes off for 10-15mins they are nowhere near as effective. He's just a typical no.9, competitive, tough and a touch of class at times.

Greater than Cameron Smith?? Highly debatable. I do think he is declining (slowly, still at 95%), but still an absolute quality player (even though he is a tool).

Considering he was 18th man and dce would start I would think he will be on the bench

Cherry was on the bench to play at lock. Qld will look for a ball playing lock for the bench, not a hooker that can play half. And that may be their downfall if injury strikes again. Cherry did not train at all with the halves for game one. This time he will and he and Thurston will be on fire. Smith will lift too.

Clint said:
COMMANDER said:
I'll discuss, only if you give me a "like" Susan.

Getting a 'like' out of Jatz Crackers is the holy grail of 'likes' ;-)

Yes, yes, yes. I found it!!

[attachment=806]

Attachments

• The Holy Grail.jpg
    The Holy Grail.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1
Jake Friend is only 1 rung below Smith on ability & on the grub meter as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4