Jake, Freddy and the SOO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Lots talked about this season about Jake, loss of impact, not as effective or dominant under the new faster game etc ...

It will be very interesting to see how Freddy plays Jake, and the sort of role he plays ... to be honest I don't know how his game will evolve ... but if he has a successful series it could be a great guide to how we use him next year .. ???

So you are saying the current NSW, AUS player, the one player everyone picks and includes in their side can't evolve, I think he will be fine

Lots talked about this season about Jake, loss of impact, not as effective or dominant under the new faster game etc ...

It will be very interesting to see how Freddy plays Jake, and the sort of role he plays ... to be honest I don't know how his game will evolve ... but if he has a successful series it could be a great guide to how we use him next year .. ???
Start at lock and move to prop to bring on Murray.
I see Manly doing the same to bring on Schuster. Obviously in my scenario Foz is 5/8. I thinks that's the best balance for our team and Jake basically takes AFB's place as our extra prop

So you are saying the current NSW, AUS player, the one player everyone picks and includes in their side can't evolve, I think he will be fine

No .. what I said was I don't know how his game will evolve ... not that it can't or won't ... that is my point ... I am interested in seeing how Fiddler uses him ..

I think Jakey needs a big pre-season of strength and conditioning having missed all of last year's due to shoulder surgery. He'll be at his best again in no time

Jake killed it tonight, but then again I knew he would, does his game tonight prove his class. I wouldn't be changing the way he plays, I would be adapting the rest to his style, again a stand out play at all levels

How good was his front on defence. A couple of times I saw a NSW player stopped dead in their tracks. Waited to see last man up and it was always Jake. He looked a bit lighter and fitter as well. Still one of the best fwds out there.
Agreed... a few times I was like ‘sheesh... whoever made that tackle is a machine!’... and inevitably it was Jake. His defence is as good as any in the game (probably the best). Whether he is wearing 10 or 13 is slightly irrelevant, but if playing in the front row so that Schuster gets game time, then I’m all for it. Jake is a rock.

Great ... but we all know Jake can tackle .... my question is .. was he used any differently in attack than he was this year at Manly ??

Great ... but we all know Jake can tackle .... my question is .. was he used any differently in attack than he was this year at Manly ??
In attack my view is he was not used as a ball playing forward as much as we use Jake in that ball playing role.

Jakes running game was the same though, did not bust any tackles and as soon as a defender laid hands on him he went to ground looking for the quick play the ball.

He was basically used as a third prop (off quicker play the balls) and looked a bit quicker and more mobile. He still distributed the ball occasionally (not in every single set like in Manly).

To me it was the blueprint of how he can and should be played at Manly... but we need other playmakers to demand the ball too.

Nope, I don’t think he was materially used differently. Still played that middle distributor role that he does with Manly although he was more understated as I don’t think he felt the need to “ball play” and overplay his hand.

Stil heard the ref yell "Jake moooove" approx 1/10 of a socond after he hit the ground and with another blues player on top of him as the second tackler.

These refs are seriously dodgy when it come to Jake.

Also, I thought Jake played as per Manly.

Jake is a harder tackling version of Fensom. We need more from him in attack. Hopefully having Tommy back will ignite his attack next year. Did a couple of nice inside balls in origin but slowly drifted back into just a tackling machine

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4