Jake Averillo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he was going to move the needle do you really think Gus would let him go.

He is a good player but does not make us a premiership chance

Do you think he will have lost all his speed? Of course, we don't how much the drugs enhanced his performances. I think he's continued to train with Roger Fabri.
He looks closer to a front-rower than a centre at the moment @40 nil I don't think he can train with Fabri until his suspension period is over (November 25th, 2023)

I'd rather keep Parker. Yeah he's not the most skilful or speediest centre there is, but he's a Manly man through and through and he plays with HEAPS of heart. And that wins you more games than a skilful person playing with no heart - as we know. I think he's got a bit of the Jurbos about him. Averillo seems like a decent enough player but he ain't Manly.

I'd rather keep Parker. Yeah he's not the most skilful or speediest centre there is, but he's a Manly man through and through and he plays with HEAPS of heart. And that wins you more games than a skilful person playing with no heart - as we know. I think he's got a bit of the Jurbos about him. Averillo seems like a decent enough player but he ain't Manly.
What is Manly ??? It doesn't win you games just because you are Manly. Need to be realistic and put together players that can win a premiership. This we are Manly warm & fuzzy feeling doesn't cut it if we are fair dinkum and want a successful team. It's about winning!

Last edited:
What is Manly ??? It doesn't win you games just because you are Manly. Need to be realistic and put together players that can win a premiership. This we are Manly warm & fuzzy feeling doesn't cut if we are fair dinkum and want a successful team. It's about winning!
I guess it all comes down to relative ability.

If two players are similar, you go for the one that is a better teammate and better culture setter.

But yeah, agree with you that you don't choose a guy just because he is "Manly"

What is Manly ??? It doesn't win you games just because you are Manly. Need to be realistic and put together players that can win a premiership. This we are Manly warm & fuzzy feeling doesn't cut if we are fair dinkum and want a successful team. It's about winning!
What is Manly ?

I did not know what Manly was when first came to this Great Country when I was a boy
I lived down the South coast for 12 months and then moved to the Inner West where the local team was the Battling Newtown Blue Bags with Parker Battlers on the field like Steve Costa and Doug
Lucas ,
Game after game these inferior Parker Battlers tried hard but they were always dominated by the superior speed strength and skill of opposition players .

I thought to my self My family came to the land of opportunity for a better life
This is no better life going to see the local team get thrashed every week by superior opposition

And one day when I was at Henson Park this Manly team that I never seen came to town

The Maroon Jersey of Bob Fulton caught my eye as he lead the Manly team on to the field to the boos of the Newtown blue bag supporters
I have never heard boos so loud . I thought why boo this Maroon team so much ?

Not long after the refs whistle sounded the Maroon jerseys dominated the Newtown Battlers by the Superior Sea eagle players like Bob Fulton and Grahame Eadie carving them up and Randall knocking them down

My family came to Australia the land of opportunity and I took the opportunity that Great Manly Winning day By Becoming a Manly Maroon supporter

What is Manly ?
Manly is Magnificence and is made Magnificent by Magnificent Grand final Winning Players

*1972***1973***1976***1978***1987***1996***2008***2011 *
Magnificent Manly | Manly, Magnificent, Sea

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the Talau deal was legitimate and done weeks ago. Therefore, with Talau, Koula, Parker, Myers, and now Garrick as centre options, I cannot imagine the club forking out more dollars for another centre, simply because they happened to go to market. Talau is more than likely a replacement for Harper who will cut loose at the end of the year. The cap will only allow a certain value to spent in this position. Also, Averillo has a some speed but everything else about his game is pretty mediocre.

I was under the impression that the Talau deal was legitimate and done weeks ago. Therefore, with Talau, Koula, Parker, Myers, and now Garrick as centre options, I cannot imagine the club forking out more dollars for another centre, simply because they happened to go to market. Talau is more than likely a replacement for Harper who will cut loose at the end of the year. The cap will only allow a certain value to spent in this position. Also, Averillo has a some speed but everything else about his game is pretty mediocre.

I guess that is assuming Parker is re-signed

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4