Jake and Tom on Podcast with Toby Rudolph and Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's funny seeing the difference between Jake and Tom. Jake is sharp, funny and doesnt take himself seriously. Tom is completely opposite. Bit dry, guarded and vacant.

I wonder if it's always been like that or a product of the attention that Tom has been under since the junior grades?

was interesting Tom either didn't take too well or just didn't get some of the jibes Rudolph was throwing. there was one about playing Manly but you were injured 'surprise suprise' and the breakdown of the money per minute.

Really? Yeah, can see that being a barrel of laughs for Tom.
Point is its a dodgy podcast between mates not 60 min. One second its all laughs then a bit awkward on Tom's side.
There are some quick witted funny players out there that could have processed such questions with ease. Tom just isn't one of them I guess.

Point is its a dodgy podcast between mates not 60 min. One second its all laughs then a bit awkward on Tom's side.
There are some quick witted funny players out there that could have processed such questions with ease. Tom just isn't one of them I guess.
I don’t know about that. I think he’s pretty sharp. Didn’t he say he’s already finished a degree in finance or the like. I just think he’s more guarded than Jake. Thinks too much about the repercussions of what he might say.

I don’t know about that. I think he’s pretty sharp. Didn’t he say he’s already finished a degree in finance or the like. I just think he’s more guarded than Jake. Thinks too much about the repercussions of what he might say.
Yeah, I've heard more than one the players (and Jake) say that Tom is the brains of the team (and family). Not knowing him personally, I have no idea. But given all that he's been going through, I'd be inclined to think it just hit a nerve. Anyway, I also know nothing about the show. There are so many podcasts now, it's like every second retired or even current player has one. I guess each has to find a new angle to get people to watch or listen.

You are probably right. In my original post I did ask if he was just guarded because of the attention he's had all these years or just this way in general.

Yeah, I've heard more than one the players (and Jake) say that Tom is the brains of the team (and family). Not knowing him personally, I have no idea. But given all that he's been going through, I'd be inclined to think it just hit a nerve. Anyway, I also know nothing about the show. There are so many podcasts now, it's like every second retired or even current player has one. I guess each has to find a new angle to get people to watch or listen.
whens Toms confident and playing injury free, he has a mojo, a bit of a duck strut. when thats on, his team mates respond all over. he is struggling to maintain a level that suits his standard and that shows on the squad

when he is on he lets everyone know who the team is playing for

True. I think he is socially awkward. I've met him a few times and it's never a free flowing encounter. But I still do think he's quick between the ears.
Not doubt he is cerebrally sharp and intelligent, just struggles with social interaction and all its subtle nuances. As I was pointing out, big difference between academic IQ and social IQ.

Not doubt he is cerebrally sharp and intelligent, just struggles with social interaction and all its subtle nuances. As I was pointing out, big difference between academic IQ and social IQ.
1684457528928.png

1684457552767.png

Give it a few years.........separated at birth?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4