Jake and Addin racing the clock to be fit for Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow that's pretty disappointing. Our two best forwards will miss two of our toughest matches. You'd have to think they'll come in a little underdone when they do get back on the field too without a solid pre season, especially AFB

Wow that's pretty disappointing. Our two best forwards will miss two of our toughest matches. You'd have to think they'll come in a little underdone when they do get back on the field too without a solid pre season, especially AFB

True, true, but on other hand what a great opportunity for the likes of Sipley, Paseka, Waddell, maybe even Guaca. Give them something tangible to work towards for the next 4 months or so (trying to look on the bright side).

Great work Dessie. Always the under dog. If some have us as a top 4 team next year, get on to the bulldog and paint a different picture. How great is it to at least feel Manly again. Now for the premiership Dessie.

It's a price we pay.
It's a catch 22, rep football.
Try telling the players they can't represent their country.
Especially the Tongans atm.
If we don't have it we become like afl.
Can't represent your country unless it's some merit team or hybrid game played with a soccer ball that kids could invent.
It sets us apart from that sport.
The problem is the scheduling.
The competition is too long many say so if that's the case be creative and shorten it and have mid season rep football among the Pacific nations.
You will still have 3 or 4 yearly tests against great Britain but at least the wear and tear is shortened...

If both Addin and Jake require surgery, why was this not arranged the moment our season was over?? This is staggering!! The club has to come first!!
You can add DCE to that list
He is obvious playing injured and needs time off
I know it may be only a few weeks they won’t play but if we start say 1/4 next year going to make it hard to make finals
And I agree astounding that they both weren’t stopped playing at season end and got the surgery then.

It's a price we pay.
It's a catch 22, rep football.
Try telling the players they can't represent their country.
Especially the Tongans atm.
If we don't have it we become like afl.
Can't represent your country unless it's some merit team or hybrid game played with a soccer ball that kids could invent.
It sets us apart from that sport.
The problem is the scheduling.
The competition is too long many say so if that's the case be creative and shorten it and have mid season rep football among the Pacific nations.
You will still have 3 or 4 yearly tests against great Britain but at least the wear and tear is shortened...
Don't really care about rep football, I just care about Manly, and I certainly don't want a shorter regular season and I very much doubt that the TV stations would either and they certainly would not pay the same money .

When I was a kid I used to get so annoyed with the American teams not letting our basketballers play in the olympics, or the English soccer (football) teams doing the same.

But now I see why. Though the soccer one was worse because they'd deny the aussies to play but allow their own players to rep Eng....

anyway

This doesn't even seem to be a case of they got injured during a rep game.

A pre-existing (lol dirty word atm) injury!?!?! I don't know all the details but it feels incredibly unprofessional to allow Jake and afb to play when they've been struggling for a greater part of the year with injuries! (Can add dce to that list with his ankle).

Infuriating really.

I think Todd brought in some b/s mickey mouse compensation effort for those injured in rep games, but I bet it wouldn't count here. I'm not even grumbling about having to play at all because people immediately champion the positive effects on playing in rep team and the money they get and yawn yawn yawn yawn

If they needed surgery, they should have been on the ****ing table the Monday after the season finished. I want an investigation and answers, not a friggen email to the latest membership offer!

You mean other than the financial gain they get for those rep matches...?
I don't think they are doing it for the money and if they are scrap it and up the cap.

Players don't benefit from 25 games of club football, plus finals, plus in season rep football plus playing more games in November, then nines in February.

Considering the toll the modern game takes on the body that is just stupid but wholly in keeping with the rulers of the game who are seemingly trying to kill everyone playing the sport (but then only medically retiring their favourite sons).

Turn the rules and structure of the game back to the way it was before the influence of S.L. No interchange , limit the numbers to 2 in a tackle and 1 ref. No timeoff for anything but serious injury. We are losing kids from the game because of the frequent serious injury factor. Then fatigue will ensure we don't get the volume of chronic shoulder and lower leg injuries.

Time to can these worthless end of season games that mean nothing and cost clubs players. We are paying Jake close to 1 mill and Blake maybe 650-700? to play for us not to play in some junk games.
Rep matches mean nothing to me seeing NZ/AUS playing NZ/AUS reserve sides pretending to be international sides is a joke. If not the international game (lol) can pay us to hire our players.

I feel the same with soo also club footy is where it's at.

I am just hoping that it is on the minor scale of severity rather than a Foran issue.

Both didn’t appear to have been injured during the game and if it was severe they would have had Ops immediately after season like Fainu.

Keeping fingers crossed!

Foran needs shoulder surgery and won't be back till May.
How does Manly project a March return for these two :think:

Nase had his shoulder operated on in September and is still in a sling 2 months later :wondering:

Tell that to Jake and Addin. They all love playing for their country and would not pass up the chance to do so.
And that's the problem for the clubs. Really though these games are meaningless (well all games are technically as there is no need for their existence in the grand scheme of things).

Look at the NFL. 16 games a season, a pro bowl no one cares about or wants to play in, and 4 pre season games most top level players barely get a run in. Here we play 2 x 9's comps, a 25 game season plus finals, a bunch of in season rep games on top of SOO, end of season international series - it's WAY too much football.

Foran needs shoulder surgery and won't be back till May.
How does Manly project a March return for these two :think:

Nase had his shoulder operated on in September and is still in a sling 2 months later :wondering:

Im pretty sure it’s the same shoulder Foran has had reconstructed before and there were reports that there was some further damage to surrounding cartilage which previous surgery can contribute to. 6 months would be absolute worst case for Foran.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2