[Resurrected] Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nordburg

Bencher
There seems to be a bit of word going around that Jackson Hastings has signed with Hull KR for the rest of the season.And not that Wikipedia is trusty source of info but...

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2030572421.png
    iOS Image - 2030572421.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 85
God I bloody hope not, I swear, no way, surely not, nup, no, no

Probably a spoon fan screwing around with Wikipedia.
Doubt they'd have the brains though.

If gets impatient he can go. Personally I hope he stays and earns respect and a full-time spot in our team on merit, but the demand for playmakers is such that I'm sure he is attracting attention, and probably from within the NRL as well as England.

I recall the Parcell over seas signing seemed like a Hoax initially....hard to comment as the Manly hierarchy are making all the right moves atm and its showing on the field...and off it.
Personally liked Parcell and thought he had more talent than we got to see, thing is - I got the reason he was let go....lacked that aggression and leadership of a dummy half that his team mates respond too...but Hastings has this in spades. Soon as he hits the field is barking orders and energy levels are huge....would be highly confused if he went, unless the money was ridiculous and as mentioned...not getting many minutes on the field....but the formula seems to be working and his time will come if he wants to stick solid - maybe at 6.

He's playing 6 this weekend at Blacktown which I think is a great move and his natural position.

With Blake Green doing a cracking job in the halves (along with DCE) Jackson is relegated to dummy half rotation which he is showing great aptitude for.

Relax people.

The club are very happy with Jackson. He didn't get on in the wet against the Knights so the club played him in the halves last week against the Warriors he was he was players player.

He is having another run this week with the bye in FG. The club want him as a long term half to replace Green. He is going nowhere. I spoke to someone about him yesterday.

As he is still contracted also for next year and seemed to be acquired earlier this year as a straight swap for Parcell , I just can not see any reason or purpose and at least on the cliub 's part to let him go . Also the indications were when he was initially signed was that he had a close connection to coach Trent. Also it would just not seem feasible to then just have Brown as a back up hooker in any Hastings departure scenario.

We're in such a good position with the squad. The current playing group is already capable of mixing it with the best, we have about $1.5m of cap freeing up next year, compared to this year, and we're signing the players that we want - and getting them young!

The days of signing players like Myles in a panic to avoid a fan revolt, and offering stupid contract extensions to underperforming players, seem to be over!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2