Jackson Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What would be the clubs plans for him? Blacktown? He's a half isn't he? Would they be considering him at centre?

hopefully we got him on the cheap. A change of clubs and some competition for spots could force him to really lift his game and attitude. Realistically he's a good halves depth signing

And that's why we released parcel.

Good signing imo solid goal kicker and can player hooker or half. Twice the utility value of brown and skilled too. Fair trade for parcell im happy with this but also hate this scatter gun approach there doesn't seem to be long term planning it's all buy talent that comes on the market. However now I'm starting to see a better nucleus

And that's why we released parcel.

Good signing imo solid goal kicker and can player hooker or half. Twice the utility value of brown and skilled too. Fair trade for parcell im happy with this but also hate this scatter gun approach there doesn't seem to be long term planning it's all buy talent that comes on the market. However now I'm starting to see a better nucleus

Says he also plays fullback, so hopefully has some pace about him.

Don't know what all the "issues" with him are, but hopefully the experience of being unwanted by any club for 4 months has taught him a valuable life's lesson.

From all reports the kid can play footy, just a dickhead.

I think you may well find they are considering young Jackson for hooker, with the added bonus of also being more than competent in the halves. One thing is for sure he can pass very very well both left and right. I remember watching him play a game in the nine for the Chooks last year and was impressed at the quality of his passing from dummy half. He also kicked very well in general play in that same game. He's a nice kick for goal as well. I'd imagine they plan to play him in the top grade next year and if he can reach anywhere near his potential could turn into another great signing. Seems the plan Bozo has for next year is to sign cost effective players with undoubted potential with the view that some of them will kick on. Considering who's been available on the market and the plethora of talent a available in 2018, I think it's smart business. Hastings, Lane, Perrett, Sironen, Meehan, Hoppa, AFB, Francis, and the young centre (forgot his name) as well as Uate and Green. If a few of them kick on, then we are well and truly in the game. Hats off for mine with this approach.

I like it.

Surely he can improve, just 12 months ago we were being told the Roosters would be no worse off with after Puppy Pearce shagged that dog. I know it didnt work out that way but he has some ability.

Nah didn't have much pace if I recall, his biggest issue according to Roosters fans was he never took the line on, this might suit us if it's true Barrett doesn't want a hooker that runs. The only reason they punted him was because he had a massive feud with Jake Friend (who is also a tosser) if you watch Roosters games with both of them in Friend did not pass him the ball for this reason. Roosters sided with Friend which means they had to get rid of Hastings.

Don't know what all the "issues" with him are, but hopefully the experience of being unwanted by any club for 4 months has taught him a valuable life's lesson.

From all reports the kid can play footy, just a dickhead.

Apparently he's arrogant so it's all attitude. Like you hopefully has woken up to himself. Problem with him like all the others is we are all hoping they come good...

If cheap then good cover, anything else is a bonus!!

Definatley didn't send that coming but it's positive depth for the halves (no more api as a back up half) and he's a hooking option too. I wonder if we'll catch Kevin Hastings in any Manly supporter gear..

Fantastic signing. I actually think he would have been a better option than signing Green in the first place given he can kick goals.

I really hope he gets some time in FG. He will more than likely be a permanent fixture on the bench as cover for halves hooker and anywhere in the backline if a player goes down during a match.

I posted a few days ago that the Parcell trade would see another player coming in. Why else would they get rid of him? I'd been hoping Manly would look at Hastings since it became known he was on the outer. And I also am of the belief he could become a seriously good hooker. His passing both ways is top shelf and he's a good defender. While he's not super quick, he definitely has a bit of toe and he's not small either about 94kg.

There's so may comments lately with "I hope" or "If he can blah blah blah he'll be awesome"

The clubs taking the keep your fingers crossed approach

There's so may comments lately with "I hope" or "If he can blah blah blah he'll be awesome"

Yeah but with the sheer quantity it surely means at least around 3 will come good right?.... RIGHT?

• 😆
Reactions: Ned

So, if you were signing players this year, who would you have signed and alternatively who out of the players we've gained would you have passed on. Not having a go, just interested in what you might come up with. I think our recruiting has been very smart and relatively inexpensive. Is it a gamble, sure it is, but I'm more than happy with the odds.

I like this signing. He does have potential and surely has gone through a reality check as far as his ego is concerned.

I'm happy to have him and can finally give our recruitment a bit of credit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4