Jackson hastings - snubbed for cullen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Dont discount that BAZ has a pretty reliable goal kicker in Wright now. Whenever Hastings came on he would take the kicking duties. Just a small thing but a valid point.

Looking forward to Cullen having a crack.

Going back to Wright how good is it to have a guy that when hes about to take a shot you know hes going to get more than he misses...

I think this has more to do with giving Hastings game time and rewarding Cullen for his form than simply because Hastings has been dropped and Cullen has moved ahead in the pecking order.

Even if its only a contingency plan to get minutes under his belt should DCE get picked for Origin, its beneficial either way. It gets Hastings match fit and he would be ready to step in if Cherry, Green or Api get injured.

Better to have him match fit than expect him to come in and play a full game of first grade if needed and be gassed after an hour. The bloke has only played what, 4 or 5 full games this year?

I thought cullen was rubbish in his last start at brookie. He looked way too small from the hill and had no impact. That said i am sure the coach has his reasons.

The reason for selecting brown is what i want to hear. Is Shaun Lane injured he is a similar size to siro and would be my pick given siro is out for 8 weeks. Brown is incapable of breaking the line is brushed off tackles has horrific discipline and will steal oxygen from our pther players. Happy to be proven wrong

I think this has more to do with giving Hastings game time and rewarding Cullen for his form than simply because Hastings has been dropped and Cullen has moved ahead in the pecking order.

Even if its only a contingency plan to get minutes under his belt should DCE get picked for Origin, its beneficial either way. It gets Hastings match fit and he would be ready to step in if Cherry, Green or Api get injured.

Better to have him match fit than expect him to come in and play a full game of first grade if needed and be gassed after an hour. The bloke has only played what, 4 or 5 full games this year?

You're spot on. There's a for chance that Hastings will be starting halfback next week so there is no use him playing 15 mins at hooker when he can get 80 mins at halfback under his belt for Blacktown.

I thought cullen was rubbish in his last start at brookie. He looked way too small from the hill and had no impact. That said i am sure the coach has his reasons.

The reason for selecting brown is what i want to hear. Is Shaun Lane injured he is a similar size to siro and would be my pick given siro is out for 8 weeks. Brown is incapable of breaking the line is brushed off tackles has horrific discipline and will steal oxygen from our pther players. Happy to be proven wrong

I couldn't dissagee more with everything you said.

Last time I saw Cullen was against the bunnies. He was great especially in defence. Which is like API.

You could argue Hastings covers more positions on the bench like Morgan. Centre. Fullback. Where Cullen only hooker and halves.

Mate I've seen Lane a few times this year in reserve grade and have never been more disappointed. Especially in defence. So lazy.

But it's good to disagree.
Let's hope I'm right. So we can face a good manly win.

Nailed it I reckon !

I'm with you on this one HoldenV8. Remember that DCE may be chosen in the following week for SOO. That means Manly will be playing Penrith without DCE and Jake. Little wonder Gould is supporting DCE's promotion to SOO. Having Hastings match fit after playing a full game in the reggies, therefore becomes quite logical, if he is being ear marked for the half role against the panthers.

After watching the Baz interview on Sterlo ... one thing is certain, he really thinks deeply before making decisions.

I was always interested in why he gave the captains gig to DCE over Jake. When he explained his thought processes it became a very astute move.

I'm glad to see Cullen get a crack, but reality is he will likely only get 10-15 mins max
I don't think he'll end up playing at all.

I reckon it's smoke and mirrors from Baz and Cullen won't even get a run.

After watching the Baz interview on Sterlo ... one thing is certain, he really thinks deeply before making decisions.

I was always interested in why he gave the captains gig to DCE over Jake. When he explained his thought processes it became a very astute move.

Not to hijack the thread, but what were his reasons? I didn't get to see Baz on Sterlo. I was in the Jake for captain corner, but with what DCE has been doing this year, I am super happy with him as captain.

Yes,Lane is similar size as Sironen but there is a reason why Manly is his 3rd club in a yr.He is ordinary and very lazy

Not to hijack the thread, but what were his reasons? I didn't get to see Baz on Sterlo. I was in the Jake for captain corner, but with what DCE has been doing this year, I am super happy with him as captain.

To paraphrase him, he said he believed that Jake would be Jake and do what Jake does wether he was captain or not. On the other hand DCE was coming out from behind an era of very strong personalities as team leaders at Manly, and he felt that to reach his potential DCE had to be given the responsibility and the confidence to make the team "his" own.

He also said Jake's time would come.

Hastings should be there. He's bidded his time on the bench and been excellent in his role. Don't get me wrong I like Cullen (I watched plenty of him at the Bears), but Hastings imo has been a class above. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hastings manager on the blower.
And im a Biddle so i should know.

Spot on - Hastings is very much a part of our squad. And we are very skinny for depth so ensuring Hastings, Cullen and anyone else in the mix gets 1st grade exposure plus some miles in the legs in reggies is a good move. That's just good strategic thinking from TB I reckon. No need for uproar, panic or conspiracy theories ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8