Jackson hastings - snubbed for cullen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
So... anyone else think that's pretty interesting? dropped from bench and now Cullen is in the utility role over him.

My thoughts: Tbaz is keeping him at workers to get prepared for DCE being out for origin or; He has played up (broke curfew etc. ) and is being relegated . Not sure!

Definately was surprised.
Though did state in another post, Cullen has been in great form against lessor opposition and has massive energy...will handle the step up.
Personally felt Brown was lucky to get a starting 2nd row, but the way Barrett has them playing, the coach deserves belief from all Manly supporters with selections.

That is a weirdler headline, or after today a Webster headline ;0)

I suspect baz wants to blood Cullen for future use in firsts. Jackson will benefit from more match fitness because he will likely have an 80 min game at 7 coming up.

Picture Cullen in a Paul Shaw role against the tiring warriors forwards.

Cullen is a long term option at 14 i think he will stay there. Hastings offers less than cullen due to the style each plays. Cullen for me but hastings should be in the halves long term after green in 2 or 3 years time.

Not at all. The #14 jersey is made for an impact player who can play a few positions and TB obviously feels Cullen is the guy to take over from Brown. Hastings is a different player to Cullen and Brown, more of a half. Perhaps TB wants him to play full games in reserves instead of a few minutes in fg?

Hastings should be there. He's bidded his time on the bench and been excellent in his role. Don't get me wrong I like Cullen (I watched plenty of him at the Bears), but Hastings imo has been a class above. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hastings manager on the blower.

Hastings has been playing 10-15 minutes a game all year. He needs some game time or he will wither on the vine. He killed it in reserves last outing so let him get that under his belt. I'm sure it has been explained to him as such.

Cullen is also due some first grade. In case of injury. DCE is not getting picked for QLD and I'm very pleased with that.

Nothing to see here.

Cullen is a long term option at 14 i think he will stay there. Hastings offers less than cullen due to the style each plays. Cullen for me but hastings should be in the halves long term after green in 2 or 3 years time.
Geez i won't ever dis the great dalai Hastings again!

Would of thought Baz just wanted to give Cullen some game time in firsts with finals around the corner - just to cover all bases. Can't see how he could fit Cullen and Hastings on the bench together.

Hastings should be there. He's bidded his time on the bench and been excellent in his role. Don't get me wrong I like Cullen (I watched plenty of him at the Bears), but Hastings imo has been a class above. Wouldn't surprise me to see Hastings manager on the blower.
Hastings has been a class above, although maybe he is just going to focus on playing 5/8 (or halfback maybe) for now as Api has secured his place as hooker. Hastings might have not been picked as he may need to be practising 5/8 at lower grade before possibly being put into that position should chez be selected for origin rather soon, may be another very smart move by Baz

I'll be surprised if we line up as per program this week. I just get the feeling that Baz has something up his sleeve here. Smoke and mirrors.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8