Jack Gosiewski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
This guy has been impressive in the trials. Reminds me of a young Watmough the way he hits hard and tries to run angles.
If he stays fit he is a genuine first grade back rower.
I also like his utility value. Could cover centre, maybe hooker. I doubt he will get the nod over Sironen or Thompson but i hope he gets a spot in the 17.
For mine he is the one to watch as moved improved in 2019.

Certainly think he's a lock for the 17 jersey over Winterstein and Waddell going by form. A toiler. Exactly the type of player Des loves.

I actually think he's less like Choc as some alluded to here, and maybe a bit more like Glenn Hall. Reliable player, know what you get. Nominal errors.

Hope he has an injury free season.

He was a bit up and down last season but he showed enough that there is something there

He most impressive game last season was the one where he played the majority of the game rather than a short burst

I did read somewhere that he previously played at 95kg...which, at 6'2" is pretty light for a modern backrower. Seems to have bulked up a bit, I'd say around 100kg mark now. That should hopefully help with the injuries, since there wasn't a lot of him previously (and i say that in context, knowing that he is still significantly bigger than myself and most other humans).

Was it Jack who came on as centre as injury replacement earlier this year (maybe in the game when Suli broke his finger) & scored a try from dummy half by running straight & over the top of/through the defenders?

Cant remember if it was Jack or Waddell, they look very similar to me (or at least i thought they did when they both had bowl haircuts?)

Was it Jack who came on as centre as injury replacement earlier this year (maybe in the game when Suli broke his finger) & scored a try from dummy half by running straight & over the top of/through the defenders?

Cant remember if it was Jack or Waddell, they look very similar to me (or at least i thought they did when they both had bowl haircuts?)
It was Jack in the game against the Bronco's

It was Jack in the game against the Bronco's

Thanks mate, I knew it was a game we lost but couldn't remember who we played.

I just remember Jack barnstorming over for that try, he looked a lot bigger than I thought he was, hence my thinking it may have been Waddell.

Jack always plays at full throtle and has some great ball playing skills too :nod:

His old broken arm seems to be still an issue as it's still heavily bandaged. :(

Good to see him settled in on the Manly bench to cover both forwards and centre spots :happy:

I feel like Jack is a solid enough player in most respects but he doesn't provide impact and has terrible discipline. A few times he has cost us with absolutely ridiculous penalties. He can get a bit over enthusiastic at times defending our line as well and has cost us a few tries by rushing out of the line. If he could sort these issues out I'm sure he would be a solid first grader especially at a club that is less scrutinised by the refs than Manly (he'd be a star in purple or red and green).

I like Jack .He is the Jack of all trades
Very versatile off the bench ,plays in the backs and the forwards , very passionate player that always gives 100% and brings energy to the team

Poker-sm-214-Js.png

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10