JAC to Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Despite getting the green light on a release from Melbourne for 2021, Josh Addo-Carr is reportedly keen to move back to Sydney before this coming season. a

And don’t rule out Redfern as a destination. Cue the ‘salary sombrero’ comments.

Addo-Carr has made no secret of his desire to return to Sydney, where he grew up and made his NRL debut in 2016, but the question is – where?

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Roosters have all been linked to Origin speedster in recent days, with a report from the Daily Telegraph stating ‘The Fox’ is only earning $330,000 a year at the Storm, chump change in comparison to rival rep wingers in the NRL.

Melbourne have stated they’ll only release Addo-Carr if they can secure a ‘like for like’ replacement.

Enter South Sydney.

Addo-Carr played for the Rabbitohs’ SG Ball team in 2012 while attending Matraville Sports High School, located in South Sydney territory. Add in the fact that the premiership-winner has family around the area.

Not to mention his incredibly close friendship with Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell.

Meanwhile on the Gold Coast, the Titans refuse to release lock-forward Jai Arrow a year early unless they secure a quality forward in return.

Enter the three-team swap deal.

South Sydney could release Adam Doueihi and Alex Johnston from their existing contracts to join the Storm, Johnston’s lightning speed helping to plug Addo-Carr’s departure, while Doueihi can fill in at centre, or in the halves for Craig Bellamy’s side.

This would see the Storm release Addo-Carr to South Sydney, as well as Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to the Titans a year early.

With the Titans securing a quality forward, the club could then be content with releasing Arrow to Redfern in exchange for Dane Gagai and/or some surplus cash, benefitting all three clubs.

Adding the likes of Addo-Carr, Mitchell and Arrow in the pre-season could make South Sydney outright favourites for the premiership, potentially snaring three incumbent Origin stars in one silly season.

Bennett earlier this week advised Doueihi to leave the club in similar circumstances to Jai Arrow leaving Brisbane in 2017, admitting that the South Sydney utility is good enough to be playing NRL, there’s simply no spot for him there.

While we are at it, we might as well paint the Harbour Bridge Red and Green, and chuck in the Opera House as well to top it it off. Might as well go the whole Hog.. :mad: :mad: :mad:

He signed for less because he outsmarted himself by thinking he was worth more , but he burnt his bridges and Souths were basically the only club left in NSW that was prepared to take him on
Tigers offered more, but quickly withdrew their offer as they soon realised that he was more trouble than he was worth
That is what we are supposed to believe but I am not buying it.

It is Latrell Mitchell FFS. If a guy like Moses Suli who has achieved nothing in the game as yet, can find a club after sleeping in his car at training at two clubs...then a two time premiership winning international sure as hell can find a number of suitors.

The Tigers withdrew their offer publicly as a stunt to try and trick him into signing asap before other clubs came knocking and it didn't work. So much goes on behind the scenes and Latrell was on the Bunnies radar half way through last season.

Maybe we got favoured treatment in the draw? although the draw may have simply been home and away back then, I can't recall.
They didn't have a salary cap, didn't have medical retirement dispensation, didn't have discretionary no-fault stand-downs for certain offences, so who know how he could even have helped Manly if he wanted to. Pressure to get some of our guys in rep teams? They would have been picked anyway. Maybe they are upset that Brookie got upgraded in the 1970s.

Wasn't it the league under Arko and Quayle who brought in the salary cap in the first place with a lot of reasoning behind it so that the less financially secure clubs wouldn't send themselves broke trying to buy a premiership?

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Roosters have all been linked to Origin speedster in recent days, with a report from the Daily Telegraph stating ‘The Fox’ is only earning $330,000 a year at the Storm, chump change in comparison to rival rep wingers in the NRL.

Wait ... what???

A second year winger like Reuben Garrick I could understand only earning $330k. But a premiership winning, current Origin and Test rep like Addo-Carr????

A second year winger like Reuben Garrick I could understand only earning $330k. But a premiership winning, current Origin and Test rep like Addo-Carr????
I believe it, he prob signed too long a contract, and now regrets it cos he is worth more. This “family” reasons thing is a smokescreen of course.

I used to love the way the draw was set up in those days. The second half of the season draw was exactly like it was (same order) in the first half with only the Home and Away grounds reversed.

Nowadays, you may play a team one week and the next time you play them maybe two weeks later and some teams get to play the easy teams twice and others only the hard teams.

I would really love to go back to the old system. Yes, I know that there are too many teams now to do that system but I can't see why they can't just cut off at the end of the regular season the amount of games that are too many and then use the leftover as the starting rounds of the next season. The following rounds of the next season would be the starting rounds of the current season and so on and so on for the following seasons etc. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Not a perfect solution but increase the competition to 20 teams and play each other once. Have no byes when rep games are played just no club games that week, 3 origin games and a test match bring the regular season up to 23 weeks. The television networks aren't losing out as there are more games every week.
The teams you play at home one year you play away the next season.

They can say the salary cap is working as often as the like but everyone knows it isn't.
The same clubs keep signing players at well undervalue. Bring in a player points cap and everyone can see everything is fair and equal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8