JAC (the fox) to maybe leave the storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

"To achieve this, Storm would be seeking fair value for Josh in return by way of a combination of the following: transfer fee; player swap, with the player being of commensurate standing [and/or] salary cap relief for doing the right thing by the player, and providing some extra support for Josh, not dissimilar to the recent scenario in the AFL with Tim Kelly at the [Geelong] Cats.

-Awwwwww look at all the compassion.

There's some total nobs in the game, but as an organisation the storm are right up there as the biggest f-wits in the game universe.

"To achieve this, Storm would be seeking fair value for Josh in return by way of a combination of the following: transfer fee; player swap, with the player being of commensurate standing [and/or] salary cap relief for doing the right thing by the player, and providing some extra support for Josh, not dissimilar to the recent scenario in the AFL with Tim Kelly at the [Geelong] Cats.

-Awwwwww look at all the compassion.

There's some total nobs in the game, but as an organisation the storm are right up there as the biggest f-wits in the game universe.

can not believe I have to do this but....

player under contract of course there should be some compensation

would be interesting to know the value of J A C "s current contract value [ and , or associated T P A "s ] with the Storm .

can not believe I have to do this but....

player under contract of course there should be some compensation

I don't think I said there shouldn't be compensation (did I?). I don't think I even typed that there shouldn't be, and I do think there should be some.

I'm just not going to buy into the media suggestion that the Storm are being anything other than businesslike in this case, and certainly reject any 'compassionate' inferences no matter how much foxsports and co would like me to chug down the 'storm is good' Kool-aid.

On a different note: does anyone know how if we 'got anything' for when Brayden Musgrove ditched his contract because he was homesick. Or was the Manly organisation just being compassionate in letting him go? Maybe he was still in the cooling off period?

Last edited:
I for one would love it if Addo-Carr came to Manly. But lets face it, we're not the Chooks with an unlimited salary cap and no way could we afford him, even if he is "only" a winger.

With already three players on the books on million dollar plus contracts, plus a few others who would be considered higher priced (Taupau, Walker, Siro, AFB), The Fox would probably be out of our price range.

But how good would it be having his pace on one wing and Garrick's on the other? Dare to dream I guess.

I for one would love it if Addo-Carr came to Manly. But lets face it, we're not the Chooks with an unlimited salary cap and no way could we afford him, even if he is "only" a winger.

With already three players on the books on million dollar plus contracts, plus a few others who would be considered higher priced (Taupau, Walker, Siro, AFB), The Fox would probably be out of our price range.

But how good would it be having his pace on one wing and Garrick's on the other? Dare to dream I guess.
Ye but we have a taufua.. they dont

I would have Tafua for his bone rattlers over JAC any day.

Every now and again he pulls off something Mataiesque which we all love.

Sure there's better wingers around, but FMD, he's our winger and as long as he's wearing that Manly shirt (and he as worn it with pride for many years), he's our man. Would not want to see him replaced.

Sorry if that goes against what other people think, but I am Manly at the core. As long as they wear that Manly shirt, I won't say a bad thing about them. If they go to another club, I will only say a few bad things about them, but never knock what they've done for Manly. Let's face it, they're all doing a better job than any of us can, otherwise we'd be out there.

We don't buys premierships, we grow them. Stuff you grow yourself always tastes better.

Don't get me wrong here, I love Jorgie boy and what he brings to the side. His hits are a thing of beauty and the work he does in taking hit ups that take pressure from tiring forwards is invaluable. Plus he certainly knows his way to the try line.

He's certainly much more than just a fall across the try line winger and his work is often under appreciated.

But one day it will also be nice to have some genuine pace out on the left flank.

I don't think I said there shouldn't be compensation (did I?). I don't think I even typed that there shouldn't be, and I do think there should be some.

I'm just not going to buy into the media suggestion that the Storm are being anything other than businesslike in this case, and certainly reject any 'compassionate' inferences no matter how much foxsports and co would like me to chug down the 'storm is good' Kool-aid.

On a different note: does anyone know how if we 'got anything' for when Brayden Musgrove ditched his contract because he was homesick. Or was the Manly organisation just being compassionate in letting him go? Maybe he was still in the cooling off period?

Got be honest have no idea when i posted this.....looks like it was on the wrong path! Sorry!

I can't help but think he may fade into RL winger obscurity playing for any other team than the Storm.

He's a great winger, no doubt, but when you're playing wing for a team that isnt in the top 4 every season you're quickly forgotten about.

I also feel he's a bit of a glory winger, in that he's good at streaking away to score on the back of broken play or off the back of a good pass, but defensively he's not the best.

I can't help but think he may fade into RL winger obscurity playing for any other team than the Storm.

He's a great winger, no doubt, but when you're playing wing for a team that isnt in the top 4 every season you're quickly forgotten about.

I also feel he's a bit of a glory winger, in that he's good at streaking away to score on the back of broken play or off the back of a good pass, but defensively he's not the best.

There aren't many wingers who can hit like The Samoan Sledgehammer. Hell, there aren't many forwards who can lol.

You know what wouldn't surprise me? Both Brett Morris and Ryan Hall are really at the back end of their careers with maybe only a couple of seasons left at best. Wouldn't surprise me to see Addo-Carr end up at the Chooks, especially if he has the likes of Cronk and Fittler in his ears talking them up.....

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8