It's sickening

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I had a feeling of foreboding when I entered Glen Willow and saw the hulking figure of Dom Yong in pre-game warm-up. This guy is a beast, and I knew his sacking the week before would fire him up.
I admire the guy's physique and talent, so it irks me to know that Easts have stolen yet another international champion from a team that discovered, cultivated and took a punt on him; a club that desperately needs him. Then I learn that two more internationals, Manu and Crighton, will further bolster Easts' star-studded team this week.
How is it healthy for one club to be able to recruit internationals every year, and rarely develop any true juniors of their own? I'm also sick of Brisbane, who have/had a catchment of 1.5-million, and yet felt the need (and somehow had the Cap space) to steal top players like Reynolds and Capewell.
I have no problem with Melbourne's success (since they were busted for Cap rorting) because each year they lose top players and recruit little known players as replacements. I admire the 'Riff because they develop their juniors into champions and each year suffer from Doesn'tmatter pinching several of them.
The NRL is risking fan backlash if it continues to turn a blind eye to Easts' bloated roster. They will win win the comp this year, purely because The 'Riff have stuck to the salary Cap and lost 8-9 premiership-winning players over the past three seasons.

I had a feeling of foreboding when I entered Glen Willow and saw the hulking figure of Dom Yong in pre-game warm-up. This guy is a beast, and I knew his sacking the week before would fire him up.
I admire the guy's physique and talent, so it irks me to know that Easts have stolen yet another international champion from a team that discovered, cultivated and took a punt on him; a club that desperately needs him. Then I learn that two more internationals, Manu and Crighton, will further bolster Easts' star-studded team this week.
How is it healthy for one club to be able to recruit internationals every year, and rarely develop any true juniors of their own? I'm also sick of Brisbane, who have/had a catchment of 1.5-million, and yet felt the need (and somehow had the Cap space) to steal top players like Reynolds and Capewell.
I have no problem with Melbourne's success (since they were busted for Cap rorting) because each year they lose top players and recruit little known players as replacements. I admire the 'Riff because they develop their juniors into champions and each year suffer from Doesn'tmatter pinching several of them.
The NRL is risking fan backlash if it continues to turn a blind eye to Easts' bloated roster. They will win win the comp this year, purely because The 'Riff have stuck to the salary Cap and lost 8-9 premiership-winning players over the past three seasons.
But surely Huddersfield are the team that discovered him.

How did Brisbane steal Reynolds?

Souffs only offered him 1 year but he wanted a longer contract.

I don’t recall any other clubs pursuing him at the time?

Melbourne get to pick the cream of the crop of QLD cup players (although the Dolphins will impact that now) so while their recruits are unknown, they’re still well-established & experienced players.

They stole Coates from Brisbane, didn’t they?

I agree with everything you said about Easts though.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6