It's Ok, we can't win every season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and the thing to look forward to is these players returning, hopefully totally fresh, at a time when other teams are tiring from the first half of the season, no slouches returning either, all game breakers. so im writing nothing off yet.

Ralphie your point about the defense is somewhat correct. I think though you should also point out that we are a tired lot, missing the starch in the middle, Brett at the rear telling people where to stand and there's youth there. So the 'new' (old = I imagine you refer to Hasler's) structure would look different.

Mark from Brisbane said:
clontaago said:
Lets face it, to make the 8 these days you only need to win half of your games (some years less). We will be there come finals time and at full strength we can certainly win it again.

100% correct Doug!!

Mick from QLD...uppercut time mate (and I need to remind you occasionally don't I)

Dont doubt the power of my negativity Mark. 4 GF tickets in the same spot again please...LOL.

Ralphie said:
I'm not suggesting the sky is falling in here. I know our recent form is largely as a result of injuries & suspension. I am quite certain we will finish somewhere between 5th & 8th.

But......the simple fact is with our new Toovey defensive pattern we are simply not a top 4 side. It isn't helped by all the contract stuff either.

I think we will be a force again in a year or two, once Tooves has learnt the hard way and we have had a mini rebuild, but I now accept the reality of 2012. I think I can now watch the games to the end without throwing items of furniture at the TV.

My sentiments exactly. I have said in previous threads it will take time for Toovey, as the average time to settle into a new job is 12 months.

I wish it were quicker and we could go B2B but the reality is with a change of coach (and the Des poaching dramas), and the GF hangover, coupled with injuries, suspensions and contract delays I do not think we will reach great heights this year. Hope I am wrong though. The boys look tired!!

As the saying goes - "what goes up, must come down"..

Look,we have been so successful, the most successful in the modern era, and we will come good again. We have a lot to be happy with as a Manly fan. :rolleyes:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2