It's ok it's Wayne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Bennetts breached the bio security protocol and possibly on numerous times. Apparently he was also one of the architects of these protocols. He's been stood down and has to self isolate. They showed vision of an interview where he claimed he wasn't aware he'd down anything wrong. But watching nrl 360 everyone's dancing around it. It's Wayne so you have to go light on him.

Imagine if it was any other coach, they'd come down on them like a ton of bricks

Bennett has breached the bio security protocols and possibly on a number of occasions. On NRL 360 they showed footage of Bennett who said he wasn't aware he'd breached these protocols even though he was one of the architects who set those protocols. They danced around the issues.

Imagine the uproar had it been a coach who wasn't a darling of the NRL.

Yeah he not only played dumb on the rules but not once did he make any kind of apology. Should have been given double the penalty

UPDATE: Wayne Bennett has been stood down by the NRL for a period of two weeks on 'COVID Hold' after breaching the NRL's strict bio-security rules by dining at a Leichhardt restaurant for lunch yesterday.

Bennett earlier today admitted he had dined at Grappa with his partner "who I live with" but claimed he thought that it was within the rules that govern the bubble.

Souffs play cows next week. Interesting to hear in qld premier weighs in and chucks a spanner in the works.

She probably should. As souffs players wont be passed the 14 days and will be mixing it up with the norfies before they go home.

The states with less cases are going all out to stamp it out .

What about the Covid capital Victoria - where Scam Smith and Papenhuyzen were caught this week at a cafe in public, yet not a mention....I don't care much for Bennett getting rammed, but he must wonder how selective the NRL are, hiding favourite players, while he cops the full media wrath ??

What about the Covid capital Victoria - where Scam Smith and Papenhuyzen were caught this week at a cafe in public, yet not a mention....I don't care much for Bennett getting rammed, but he must wonder how selective the NRL are, hiding favourite players, while he cops the full media wrath ??
Huh?? How is that possible when they are on the Sunny Coast. Did they go to a cafe on the Coast perhaps?

Very true regarding location - to be more specific, players are all meant to be in lockdown and if it was say Garrick and Paseka it would be a media highlight and they would be getting stoned at the stake...yet a leisurely coffee and bite for 2 Storm players is apparently all good.

Bennett on being caught breaking the rules:

"Urr the rules are confusing...I had lunch with my partner, who lives with me, I thought it was okay...the rules are confusing..."

McGregor on Vaughan being caught breaking the rules:

"We’re well aware of what our responsibilities are. We talk about it consistently, so there’s no reason for it other than it was selfish behaviour really."

I haven't seen anything about this.
Both players are injured. I'm not sure if that is relevant.
Also, are bio-rules different in Queensland to NSW?

I haven't seen anything about this.
Both players are injured. I'm not sure if that is relevant.
Also, are bio-rules different in Queensland to NSW?
Not sure Who, but I have been under the impression All players are to keep away from public places as in cafes ect....not 100%, but thought this was the case for NRL players in all states ??
As for being injured, you can still spread the virus injured or not.

Souffs play cows next week. Interesting to hear in qld premier weighs in and chucks a spanner in the works.

She probably should. As souffs players wont be passed the 14 days and will be mixing it up with the norfies before they go home.

The states with less cases are going all out to stamp it out .
I think he did it on purpose so he would not have to face Seibold

So....

70 year old, much experienced, Wayne is on the board that decides the rules. "Apollo"

Gets busted...has to spend 2 weeks in isolation.

These young guys:

Penrith halfback Nathan Cleary – a two-match ban, and a $30,000 fine.

Bennett’s fullback, Latrell Mitchell, and Storm winger JAC : $50,000 fines (with 60 per cent suspended) .

I believe Webster said this seems a bit light for Wayne.

Bennett on being caught breaking the rules:

"Urr the rules are confusing...I had lunch with my partner, who lives with me, I thought it was okay...the rules are confusing..."

McGregor on Vaughan being caught breaking the rules:

"We’re well aware of what our responsibilities are. We talk about it consistently, so there’s no reason for it other than it was selfish behaviour really."

Wayne's borrowing lines from Donald Trump, that's a bit worrying.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4