its me, monday, this may offend some viewers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good Morning , winners are grinners so imagine me smiling while typing, suns rising, cuppa tea, everyone is asleep so no one hassling me that i type too loud currently

the sweet
take the win, plenty of good and bad. congrats on the effort. loved the foz, the development of oku, a better balanced back row. Davey doing ok and will benefit from game time and fitness. tom , jake, walks . I thought early on DCE looked to handle the ball early started ok but ultimately when you finish a half as half with this stat like this you have to wonder

the salty
the kicking game FM sideways

ive only rewatched the first half but in a monsoon , desperate for a win our kicks in the first half equate to

6 th minute, nice kick from frog at dummy half not enough chase
11th minute marty chip kicks on 5th with dce outside him. poor kick
15th minute davey kicks down sideline after break, nice length, reasonable result
23rd minute DCE puts a small chip/bomb to saabs wing, no result, not good, not bad, just lonely as his only kick
37th minute frog grubbers while probing running on 4th, attacking kick, probably could have been better if like his first kick the team looked in the know

thats it,

the opposition
Burton 8 bombs, at least 6 had the devils funk on them.
why do we still not have this,
calfs blood, check,
evil scientist check,
new grandstand. check
spiral bomb, aaaahhh, i though someone else had it

but the stats
2 spilled
2 bounced
3 defused
1 got the harper treatment, was he trying it catch it in his shorts and bamboozle them with a new version of up ya jumper
2 long clearing kicks , both good, one touch finder all but 40/20
1 grubber repeat sets
1 grubber try
he put 1 grubber down frogs throat
and wakeham chipped in with a couple kicks

not saying whats good or bad and if you believe that i also sell timeshare, so "buy now at todays crazy low prices",

opinion, mine
the fans love a good stat and this one isnt from 2013 ( pretty subtle hey )
the first 10 yesterday in particular were in awful conditions but our intent was not patient and seemed to play ourselves out of it unassisted by a kicking game. Not real bright but i can lift heavy things gameplan again
we fail to find touch again. Introduce a fine , this never happens again, guaranteed

the sarcastic
Does Manly know the captains challenge can challenge other mistakes, not just the captains. That bit was for me and my reputation . its a work in progress

the inevitable
we dont have a hooker, tried hard

Agree with all that. Plodders in the forwards, a half that is woefully out of form and unable to execute basic halfback play and backs that are so slow and or ineffectual they can’t take advantage of space are three big issues.

But we got the win and it
May give us the shot we need.

I’d love some underperforming players to get dropped. It puts them and everyone else
On notice rather than some some sense of undeserved faith that they will turn it round

Nice.
You forgot the Burton kick out on the full when the game was on the line - that was worse than our failing to fond touch.
Yes, his kicking was better than ours but that one was costly, not to mention two missed conversion attempts.
I actually think Burtons kicking game is fairly one dimensional. High bombs all day. Other than those nothing special tbh. Actually thought he was fairly quiet yesterday.

Nice.
You forgot the Burton kick out on the full when the game was on the line - that was worse than our failing to fond touch.
Yes, his kicking was better than ours but that one was costly, not to mention two missed conversion attempts.
3 things

I only did the first half so far.

Put more emphasis on our kicks rather than his. What do you think of our effort

At least his speculators have the added bonus on the unpredictability of drift. As a team that throws them up a plenty generally, should we and more importantly do we even have the kicker to implement

Yeah the conversions were costly and a massive part of his game, burton is no messiah but the intent of the Dogs was to use the conditions and kicking and it worked with drop balls, tries, repeat sets in the first half off its back. Surely our intent is not to have croker, davey and tapau doing 80% of the kicking in the first half. Thats kindy **** but reality of last night

FIRST HALF

Nice.
I still can’t quite work out how burton kicked that ball out on the full. He kicked it with his left foot and it went over the left hand side. Maybe it was real windy

I still can’t quite work out how burton kicked that ball out on the full. He kicked it with his left foot and it went over the left hand side. Maybe it was real windy
I thought when he caught it, he had the wrong grasp to do the kick he wanted and tried to kick through it anyway with some last minute adjustments

you sir are very very selective very very often

Trotting out your short kicking game ?
Possibly true!
Just on the topic of this being Monday, and my opinion possibly causing offence... I have to disclose that I keenly abused Keppie and Harper yesterday, in a tone of voice that caused my dog some consternation. May have had a few harsh words for DCE at some stage too!

Possibly true!
Just on the topic of this being Monday, and my opinion possibly causing offence... I have to disclose that I keenly abused Keppie and Harper yesterday, in a tone of voice that caused my dog some consternation. May have had a few harsh words for DCE at some stage too!
As a dce hater and dog man i can say i heard it.

But im a realist and know my opinion can grate a few , so may as well see there point and laugh at myself

As a dce hater and dog man i can say i heard it.
Don't worry I'm a DCE lover and I hate him too.
As for Dogman - he is he greatest literary creation since Harry Potter!
1648421449229.png

Failing to kick easy penalty goals because we were too scared to come out of our own end without fear of dropping it or throwing a dumb pass. The lack of any sort of composure, control or leadership when we had multiple sets on their line in the 2nd half was simply diabolical.

Our kick chase is hit and miss when we kick downfield or even when we try and contest the ball after a high kick ( rarely ). It's also terrible when we try and pressure the kicker for the opposition ( opposition kickers must love playing against us ). So both sides of the ball on kicks we are way below standard. Plus Our Wingers run backs after kicks in tough yardage are also amongst the worst in the league.

These 3 things are the 'holy trinity' of how to play poor field position with the kicking game..... to me this is one of our biggest problems. One we obviously don't seem to fussed with cause it's endemic every week.

The overall effort in the rest of the game is great and there's plenty to like about this team - but we have so much improvement in offensive & defensive aspects of the kicking game it's frightening. We are half beating ourselves.

One day hopefully. Most impressed with the grit and toughness yesterday though to win in spite of the kicking game. very brave yesterday

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8