It's all over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only thing that is all over is that crap second half effort . Have feathers will fly . We are the mighty Sea eagles !!!

OneEyedEagle said:
Was it just me or did our side look really unfit. The players just looked tired and lacklustre in the 2nd half.

There was one period around the 60 minute mark where the ball went from one end of the field to the other a couple of times and we were out on our feet.

The damage was done before then though.

Didn't take long for the doom and gloom to come back. We lost last night because of our shocking ball control in the second half. We hold onto the ball we win by 30 even with Snake off injured.

I walked away last night pretty calm,because we showed in that 1st half exactly what were capable of.

When I went to bed last night I can honestly say I heard no fat ladies singing. So it's still on Manly fans. ;)

Writing off the forwards after one game is a bit premature isn't it? People did the same thing after DCE debut if I remember correctly and he worked out OK. Coincidentally that was also a round 1 loss to the storm. Anyone remember whose name went in the trophy that year?

niccipops said:
When I went to bed last night I can honestly say I heard no fat ladies singing. So it's still on Manly fans. ;)
Big George was singing in the sheds with his new mates :p

BOZO said:
niccipops said:
Big George was singing in the sheds with his new mates :p
Haha, but even if was cross dressing it doesn't really count. And I really dislike his new mates.

Chip and Chase said:
why Tooves persists with this tactic of leaving a forward on the bench for 75-80 minutes is beyond me. Can someone explain the theory to me ? Cost us a GF last year and we haven't learnt from it.

Agree can't think of another side who does that AND if you are going to do that you may as well have a back on the bench to cover injury, ie when everyone is fit you run Hiku as a backup

To put the loss in perspective, I was hoping Storm would be average this year but the second half gave the lie to that. They will still be Top 4 contenders.

OneEyedEagle said:
Was it just me or did our side look really unfit. The players just looked tired and lacklustre in the 2nd half.

Rubbish. We had no ball in the second half and the field was wet. Yet, when we did fall behind with a few minutes to play we got ourselves down the Storm's end of the field and almost scored. We leveled up the match then almost scored in that ridiculous 'golden point' period.
What did Melbourne do? Were they full of running? No. The refs gave Storm three penalties within kicking range, and Smith had a further three field goal attempts? No thought of trying to score a try.

Give our guys some credit. At one stage we were singing 40-nil! It's hard to win when the ref decides at half-time to make a match of it. It's doubly hard when there are two refs!

One thing we should be thankful for is that this was our first match of the season - not our last.

So were the referees again just refereeing one side and letting the other get away with everything?

I wasn't at the game watching it on TV and with the way the coverage is I couldn't really see if Melbourne were on side or off side. But I think if they were always on side gee they must be able to motor to get to Manly to make tackles about three yards after the ruck.

Still gutted.
Yes the reffing turned us over (as normal) actually the odd thing was us leading the count in the first half, which I had trouble believing.
But we were invited to win that game and did not. Smith missed an easy kick before and we got that out-on-the-full kick.
Very disappointed no hard head in the team said hit up five and field goal rather than backline plays and fancy passes.
DCE is a bit too impulsive. I also couldn't he took a low percentage tap from one of our few second half penalties.

No team can ever hope to consistently field their top 17. You have to have decent reserves and judging by our NSW cup drubbing that isn't possible. Guaranteed that Snake,Matai,Wolf,King,Tommy S, Chee-Kam will only play half a season as well as the usual other 1 or 2 week injuries plus origin. Who covers them Hiku,Cheyse,Ligi,JakeT,Clint G, JSL, Dunamis it's not really a top 4 lineup.

wedgetail eagle said:
When/How does the 7 tackle rule apply?

1.Only if the ball is deliberately kicked over the deadball line.
However, the Refs called it every time the ball rolled over it, even if it was a fumble from the Attacker. This is what Slater complained about on the Sunday footy show.

2. When Cecchin gets excited

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4