It's all over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Our glorious run of making the finals is coming to an abrupt end. Our backline is brilliant but we don't have the forwards any more.

Sure hope they prove me wrong.

I'm sure that if Cronk played, and the Storm led 20-0 there's no way in the world the storm would have lost that game, even if Billy Slater didn't return for the second half.
Manly needed someone to take charge in the second half when Snake was gone, but unfortunately, no-one did.

bones said:
I'm sure that if Cronk played, and the Storm led 20-0 there's no way in the world the storm would have lost that game, even if Billy Slater didn't return for the second half.
Manly needed someone to take charge in the second half when Snake was gone, but unfortunately, no-one did.

Wrong, the referees took control and penalised us into submission.

the first turning point came when snake failed to return at half time.
the second turning point came when hiku knocked on in the 44th minute. for the next 10 minutes manly only seemed to touch the ball for goal line drop outs & to kick off.

The forwards will become a more cohesive unit as the season goes on. Training is all very well but can't replace game time. With so many new blokes it'd be unrealistic to expect them to click first game.
Yesterdays loss was disappointing but it's too early in the year to be writing off our chances.
I seem to recall us having some horror starts to the season and still being there at the pointy end

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Our glorious run of making the finals is coming to an abrupt end. Our backline is brilliant but we don't have the forwards any more.

Sure hope they prove me wrong.

Initially I was thinking that last night, not regarding the forwards though.
Then I thought, it's Round 1. We had several players out. Some remarkable penalties went the Storms way. At one stage the purples had 84% possession.
Some handling errors need to be fixed. I was gutted after the loss though Manly actually did quite well to hang in there and take the game to golden point.
Early days, Sea Eagle spirit, we'll be right.

Snake doesn't make those tackles up the middle. We were terrible in defense right up the guts in that 2nd half. Storm made so much ground. Yes they got help with all those penalties but it was our ill discipline causing it all. I had a bad feeling when the rain started and DCE kicked out on the full in the first half. Storm seemed to be making easy meters from then on.
That is a big worry.

It's only round 1! Premierships are not won in March.
I saw enough to suggest our new forwards will only get better.
The storm had 6 games worth of luck in the second half. Some of those tries were very lucky! Luck with the ref?
I think this loss will help to keep us focused, a good reality check. This is the second game in a row where we have been run down.
We made last years grand Final without Snake. Gee he is fragile these days.
Later in the season hopefully King can add some muscle. we also have that new signing who may come in handy as well, he certainly looks the part.
Looking forward to see how we stand up to Souths.

I thought the forwards went OK, maybe got out-muscled / out-wrestled in the 2nd half. We seemed to run out of gas, why Tooves persists with this tactic of leaving a forward on the bench for 75-80 minutes is beyond me. Can someone explain the theory to me ? Cost us a GF last year and we haven't learnt from it.

However we were given a golden opportunity to win that game, in golden point ironically enough. We had a full set of 6 in their quarter, why oh why don't we run 4 or 5 runs up the middle to the sticks and pot the field goal ?? Instead we run a risky play to the corner that could have seen Blair bundled into touch or spill the ball. We dodge that bullet and still have 4 tackles, so to completely stuff it up we then try a ridiculous flat ball to a forward not expecting it. WTF was that ?? That wasn't the forwards fault, that's lack of composure / leadership. What do you think Melb, Roosters, Souths et al would have done in that situation ??Taken the 1 point and the win. Melbourne must have been laughing their heads off at us.

Well if anything is to go by Souths will demolish us next week there forwards are huge and mobile, this will be a massive test for our forwards next week.
Our side lacks pace how come Delroy Berryman isn't in the starting side? I would of thought he'd be playing with the Jorge and Williams out.

I agree with bones. Hear a lot about this leadership group at the eagles. Didn't see the slightest hint of a captain or person in charge of that team last nite.

Haha god some of you are ridiculous

I went into last night thinking we are top 4 and I still believe we are top 4

We are top 4. It is not as though storm are a hack outfit, big team, big event Saturday and we did pretty good. Storm had some really good refs calls and at one point the commentators said there needs to be an investigation over the refereeing and it made me laugh. They were right but it won't happen. So all good, we were not belted but a close loss. Come on guys, this is where we show the supporter culture and cheer louder and stronger for our mighty side.

Townsville Eagle said:
Come on guys, this is where we show the supporter culture and cheer louder and stronger for our mighty side.
Aw, all right then.
Still very disappointing to let 20-nil slip but maybe I was a bit harsh on our forwards. A few errors and huge possession flow turned the match.

Ralphie said:
bones said:

Wrong, the referees took control and penalised us into submission.

So you had no problem with us leading the penalty count 7-2 at one stage, which helped us get that big lead, but when it is reversed its the refs fault. Spoken like a true whinging Manly fan Ralphie. The Storm were without Cooper Cronk. They had Ben LOL Roberts and a Rookie in the halves. We have no excuses for not towelling them up after leading 20-0.
I do agree Manly are still a top 4 side. I'm not writing off the season, I'm just saying we should have won that game last night.

ManlyArmy said:
Hopefully when King returns, he has some rage to let out and belts the opposition!

The question is 'when' ..... and for how long. Need him fit and on the field to boost our pack and not just for 1 or 2 weeks.

Still a top 4 team but it all depends on injuries.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7