It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Thanks for the reply - yes the pre Bronco days in the Brisbane comp were great days - every week you played against a State of Origin player or ex Qld player. Plus in those days well I know at Redcliffe in the early 80's we had 3 senior sides plus Under 21 and Under 18 and you would have players like Wally Fullerton Smith etc playing Reserve Grade at times such was the depth and quality of the sides. Redcliffe was a great junior nursery however they took their juniors like me for granted - expected that we would stay and play Reserve Grade while they bought Bryan Neibling, Paul Khan, Shane Berandin, Greg Conescu etc. It was very disheartening. In this day and age - "talented" (as I said I wasn't highly skilled in those days - in later years it was a different story given I learned to kick, put people through holes - goal kick etc) teenagers who play for Qld at Schoolboy or Under 16/18 level are all picked up by an NRL side. In those days though the local Brisbane clubs well certainly Redcliffe who were big spenders would buy high profile players and then just expect quality juniors to sit in Reserve Grade. I refused to do that so I went to Wests. Anyways - great times - great memories. Your memories of your playing days are equally as important and the difference mate is probably only that you were up in Mackay and I happened to live down here - so just about opportunity. I was nothing special at all - your description is actually pretty spot on of how people would have described me back then - hard working cover defending lock and if you added in punishing defender even at 78kgs - you have it spot on. I could straighten up and bend even the biggest prop forward backwards - all about timing and technique. Lovely to chat with you.
Great reading your well written post and gee the footy playing and viewing memories certainly come flooding back for me with your reflections there . Remember talking to an ex Redcliffe lad and a back rower who joined a rival club here back in the day [ and i am sure you would probably recall him ] who echoed and had a similar outlook to you in regard to Redcliffe stacking their forward line up in particular with some virtually S O O level rep forwards and yet still having some really good forwards as depth and still expecting those guys to stick around when they were i st grade level else where . Also recall looking at a few Brisbane league fixture round programmes occasionally during those times and how most clubs had strong i st grade sides as well as the lower grades and yes even clubs like Valleys and Brothers . Anyway Shane , be very pleased with your League career , you played in a competitive and even tough era in the then Brisbane comp and if one was not dedicated or did not have some good level of footy ability , you rarely could have made it , of course . Also no doubt that you would agree that Go Manly and get the Lads into gear for next season and beyond Des

giphy.gif

@PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

From a very close and good source of mine has told me the players have been told today that john Cartwright will take over the job for the next 2 years

Forget other media reports the decision has been made , press conference this time next week or if the club can sort it out TB's situation before Sunday it will be announced after our game but probably very unlikely.

I only post when i get good information..
I dont like being the other internet trolls and spread rumours.

Interesting times ahead.

**** wit !!!

And **** off any other Penrith retard Barrett bought with him. - including Barrett of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great reading your well written post and gee the footy playing and viewing memories certainly come flooding back for me with your reflections there . Remember talking to an ex Redcliffe lad and a back rower who joined a rival club here back in the day [ and i am sure you would probably recall him ] who echoed and had a similar outlook to you in regard to Redcliffe stacking their forward line up in particular with some virtually S O O level rep forwards and yet still having some really good forwards as depth and still expecting those guys to stick around when they were i st grade level else where . Also recall looking at a few Brisbane league fixture round programmes occasionally during those times and how most clubs had strong i st grade sides as well as the lower grades and yes even clubs like Valleys and Brothers . Anyway Shane , be very pleased with your League career , you played in a competitive and even tough era in the then Brisbane comp and if one was not dedicated or did not have some good level of footy ability , you rarely could have made it , of course . Also no doubt that you would agree that Go Manly and get the Lads into gear for next season and beyond Des
Thanks Des - nice reminiscing. Who was the backrower that you are talking about? I have a million programs and articles from my career. I was not one to accept being stuffed around so I spent a number of years playing Public Service League where I was Qld Capt and an Aust Rep then went out to Roma where I was Capt of the South West Qld side at one stage and kept playing sub districts down here till I was 43! I even played Masters last year at 54 and was dishing out shots lol. But the mind now thinks the body can still do all the things it used to be able to do. I am probably even fitter than I was then - I work out heaps each week BUT the body can't take the punishment it used to so dishing out shots at 54 to 35 year olds really was a flawed strategy for the ongoing health of my body lol. I just pulled out a program from 17 July 1983 and some very very experienced First Graders were in Redcliffe's Reserve Grade side - Bob Jones (ex Easts Sydney AGrade hooker), Richie Poulson, Tony Kajewski, Terry Webb, Tony Obst, Steve Edmonds (ex Cronulla winger) and Wynnum's Reserve Grade side playing Redcliffe had Ray (Tank Duncan) and Campbell Dews. Norm Carr - Wests great was in C Grade!

Jesus, if the Penns or any of the management read this forum today they'd be surprised / happy ......... getting positive vibes for once from the fans!

I know who would be so dumb to post such an outrageous rumour ...happy i was wrong on this one
At the time I posted it it was a very real possibility he was going to be coach but member / fan power changed that.

Now this thread has finally been put to bed (Surely!), bit of mumble, but mumble worth reading :giggle: Maybe not from the start though, that would no joke be like reading a book with a bipolar author who changes his mind constantly, is happy, then worried, then goes off rambling about random topics just to get it over the 200 page mark

A rollercoaster

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8