It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Clearly they took a throw away comment and turned it into a massive tag line, however Penn is such a sucker when it comes to the media. Anyone remember a "results driven business" line. Didn't that come back to bite him. He constantly makes a rod for his own back, he would be better served just keeping quiet.
But if he does stay quiet someone will bag the **** out of him for saying nothing......

So Barret gets 3 years to achieve absolutely nothing. Yet they put a top 4 clause on Des? Insanity! If Des is signed at least give him a year to stamp his mark. I could understand top 8, but top 4 is ridiculous straight off the bat..

The Penns are surely deluded if they think Hasler can repair the damage that quickly and have Manly in the top 4 starting next season. Not encouraging at all. If it was a wishful aim without being a requirement, I could understand. But this sounds like a Toovey contract. Its the contract you offer when you want them to fail. What on Earth are the Penns up to? What is their agenda. Either that or they just don't care or are deluded. Almost sounds like they don't want Des to sign up. Does Cartwright get the same contract requirement. Sounds duplicitous and vengeful, and not at all Manly.

Just hope this is a storm in a teacup and the Penns have been misquoted. If not then my opinion of them took a further dive.

Yeah mate... I got over being pissed off with Dessie boy around 2015. Couldn’t stay mad at the bloke when I sat back and considered everything he’d done for the club... he may end up surpassing old Bozo if he has any kind of on going success upon his return... I’ve also been told a VERY different story about what went down at the club from a well liked and greatly respected ex player... and at the very least, there are always two sides to a story.

I would be interested to hear about the "VERY different story" that you were told... I am still very dirty on Des re his departure, and would appreciate the opportunity to forgive him, and move forward in the knowledge there were other circumstances to consider before he left us in the ****house with no paper. Thanks in advance.

The Penns are surely deluded if they think Hasler can repair the damage that quickly and have Manly in the top 4 starting next season. Not encouraging at all. If it was a wishful aim without being a requirement, I could understand. But this sounds like a Toovey contract. Its the contract you offer when you want them to fail. What on Earth are the Penns up to? What is their agenda. Either that or they just don't care or are deluded. Almost sounds like they don't want Des to sign up. Does Cartwright get the same contract requirement. Sounds duplicitous and vengeful, and not at all Manly.

Might want to read comments above and re-read the article, mate.

It says top 4 contender. Does not say he has to make the top 4 or he is sacked.

A top 4 contender (to me) means vying for the 8 so you are in with a shot at top 4.....ergo.....contender.

It will be sometime next week not sure what day, re Barrett not sure but heard from another ‘sauce’ that A riff board member that lives on the peninsula said the club was going to get him to coach the under 20s until July - not sure how true that is.

So we are going to sacrifice the junior brigade for half a season ?

Might want to read comments above and re-read the article, mate.

It says top 4 contender. Does not say he has to make the top 4 or he is sacked.

A top 4 contender (to me) means vying for the 8 so you are in with a shot at top 4.....ergo.....contender.

OK Nice Beaver. Your point is a good one and I accept my judgement my have been somewhat severe. But I just get a sense in the tone of the comments that Des wont be getting any favours from the Penns, if he is selected and agrees to take the job. My gut feeling says they hope he will fail. Could be wrong, but I'll try to be a little less definitive in my opinions in future NB

If Des can deliver our objective, and that is being a top -four contender every year, then of course we would be interested,” Penn told The Sunday Telegraph.

It only says top 4 contender and it is the Telegraph...Believe what you want
Top 4 contender every year after we just avoid the spoon??? fmd most of us here would be happy if we just had a red hot crack every weekend and looked like a team that actually had a coach. I'd personally be ok if we're somewhere around the bottom of or just outside the 8 for starters in 2019.

It’s the Manly way to aim to be the best. Top 4 contender should be minimum ask.
Des can get us firing again to be that consistent contender. He’s done it before and should he sign this week then I’m hopeful that he can return us to the top.
The current squad is a top 4 squad and I’ve said that all year.

My thoughts were we are a top 8 squad next year given that with the exception of the $350k penalty .. we are as close to a full spend as we have been in 3 years, a half decent run with injuries and our youngest mob ever a year older and hardened .... bring it on ...

An old head campaigner like Dessie is just a bonus ....

Top 4 contender every year after we just avoid the spoon??? fmd most of us here would be happy if we just had a red hot crack every weekend and looked like a team that actually had a coach. I'd personally be ok if we're somewhere around the bottom of or just outside the 8 for starters in 2019.
Didn't the bunny's do something like that this year.
And before i get shot no i haven't done any recon on this.

OK Nice Beaver. Your point is a good one and I accept my judgement my have been somewhat severe. But I just get a sense in the tone of the comments that Des wont be getting any favours from the Penns, if he is selected and agrees to take the job. My gut feeling says they hope he will fail. Could be wrong, but I'll try to be a little less definitive in my opinions in future NB

You could well be right BF!

Who knows what goes on in the minds of our weight loss overlords.

By the same token, if Hasler does get the job, I'd be placing some pretty strict boundaries on his role (particularly around cap management) in light of how things ended last time amd his carnage at the Bulldogs.

Do you ever really trust your girlfriend if you take her back after she shagged someone else?

Maybe in time, but there will be some reluctance at first.

And another thought for all you young social media obsessed, nappy wearing, dummy sucking, jelly eating, bootie wearing fake news numb-nuts ...... the first hint of shiite hitting the fan you all calll for an old bastard to come and save you !!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10