It should have been extra time?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hamster Huey said:
Dan said:
To me the rules are very clear there. Extra time then golden point if I remember correctly this actually happened a few years back to some team.

Manly absolutely have a right to and absolutely should lodge a complaint with the NRL in my opinion based on that the NRL are either forced to replay the game or compensate Manly in a big way, that is a clear breach of the rules that absolutely cost manly the game

It was to be discussed from the fallout of the Dragons vs Broncos match in 2011 .

But the NRL Operations Manual for 2012 states on page 20 that there is no Extra Time and all finals (including GFs) will go straight into Golden Point.

So the question remains; did the 2013 or 2014 Operations Manuals change the rules, which are reflected in the 2014 NRL Rules of the Game?

EDIT - Just saw the later entries from the Media Guide. Looks like another amateur effort to grip up the constantly changing rules and edicts the reactionary NRL implements.

2nd Page of the NRL Rulebook on the NRL site....

"This publication replaces all existing Law
Books, Manuals, etc., and is the only official
NRL publication as at this date."

Well, that'll do me.

I've been slowly turned off the NRL for some years now.

I don't watch nor do I attend any other games but Manly in the NRL.

From now on I am going to stick with the real NRL and go to Newcastle Rugby League Games. Go the Pickers. I can watch 4 games of footy for about $7 and buy beer in cans for around $5 per.

I at least expect stuff ups in Newcastle Rugby League but the NRL is showing that it is nothing more than an over inflated chook raffle.

I might just watch some highlights (if I get the time) in future. :mad:

I have continued to excuse the NRL and claim publicly that it must be honest and have integrity but my attitude is very much changing.

Regardless of which rules are right there should be one set of rules not two.

Goodbye NRL you've just lost another fan.

Little Grubber Kick said:
Hamster Huey said:
Dan said:
To me the rules are very clear there. Extra time then golden point if I remember correctly this actually happened a few years back to some team.

Manly absolutely have a right to and absolutely should lodge a complaint with the NRL in my opinion based on that the NRL are either forced to replay the game or compensate Manly in a big way, that is a clear breach of the rules that absolutely cost manly the game

It was to be discussed from the fallout of the Dragons vs Broncos match in 2011 .

But the NRL Operations Manual for 2012 states on page 20 that there is no Extra Time and all finals (including GFs) will go straight into Golden Point.

So the question remains; did the 2013 or 2014 Operations Manuals change the rules, which are reflected in the 2014 NRL Rules of the Game?

EDIT - Just saw the later entries from the Media Guide. Looks like another amateur effort to grip up the constantly changing rules and edicts the reactionary NRL implements.

2nd Page of the NRL Rulebook on the NRL site....

"This publication replaces all existing Law
Books, Manuals, etc., and is the only official
NRL publication as at this date."

And is why the NRL need to clarify what's what here. Seems they'll find a loophole so let's keep digging so that we are prepared for any unreasonable excuses.

Daddycool08 said:
Well, that'll do me.

I've been slowly turned off the NRL for some years now.

I don't watch nor do I attend any other games but Manly in the NRL.

From now on I am going to stick with the real NRL and go to Newcastle Rugby League Games. Go the Pickers. I can watch 4 games of footy for about $7 and buy beer in cans for around $5 per.

I at least expect stuff ups in Newcastle Rugby League but the NRL is showing that it is nothing more than an over inflated chook raffle.

I might just watch some highlights (if I get the time) in future. :mad:

I have continued to excuse the NRL and claim publicly that it must be honest and have integrity but my attitude is very much changing.

Regardless of which rules are right there should be one set of rules not two.

Goodbye NRL you've just lost another fan.

If it wasn't for Manly, i would struggle to watch this great game. it is becoming a joke. Sad thing is, i really don't follow anything else with the passion i have for league.

DT just printed a story. Manly officials knew it would be golden point. So its a dead story really. Give it up guys. We lost. On to 2015.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-fans-cry-foul-as-extratime-rule-doubleup-leaves-nrl-redfaced/story-fni3fbgz-1227067083586

bones said:
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-fans-cry-foul-as-extratime-rule-doubleup-leaves-nrl-redfaced/story-fni3fbgz-1227067083586

"The NRL stated on Monday night the golden point rule was correct and that Canterbury won fairly. It is unknown why the ‘ten minutes extra time rule’ remains in the manual.

NRL officials say that rule was there for all matches governed by the NRL — from juniors to the international game — but there was a second sub-rule section for NRL matches."

Makes perfect sense

Thats a classic 'turn it back on the other person' retort. This guy should be a politician. With contemptuous replies like that it is no wonder he has a lot of people wanting him sacked. God he is a germ

Interesting that the story puts the rule for extra time as appearing in the Manual. It's in the RULES that are laid out in the RULES of the Game. I don't give a flying fig what the Manual of the Game says, when the RULES should have priority!

I don't expect a re-match or any such nonsense; only acknowledgement from the NRL that they are well and truly stuffed up their own game management plans, with Greenberg front and centre as failing his own portfolio as Operations Manager.

Hamster Huey said:
I don't expect a re-match or any such nonsense; only acknowledgement from the NRL that they are well and truly stuffed up their own game management plans, with Greenberg front and centre as failing his own portfolio as Operations Manager.

It would be simple wouldn't it to say "looks like we stuffed up there with one set of rules saying this and another saying that"

We appreciate the angst it has caused to Manly fans BUT can assure you the refs were working on Plan A rules not Plan B rules.

That has now been fixed, and thanks for bringing this anomaly to our attention.

There....how easy was that!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4