It is Schuster time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just so everyone knows, especially new people, I was called the shoe on one eyed eagle and the manly sea eagles site blog in the early days of the www. So the avatar isn’t associated with young schuster.
You just blew a great opportunity to be a pacesetter here!

Fair enough I've never really noticed that, though I've not really ever focussed on watching him in defence. I have noticed his wrestling (der!) and I reckon he must be some sort of martial art expert because he is highly skilled at 'soft landings' or somehow avoiding the full impact collisions that so often occur. I assumed that was a skill rather than 'hiding'. In fact I've often wondered if over the years Storm have deliberately emplyed defensive techniques that reduce the collision factor, as a way of minimising injury? No idea really, but they do usually seem to enjoy a better run with injury than many other teams.
Yeah pretty sure they practice juijitsu.. u see them use front headlock regurlarly... where they put body weight on back of head / back and wrap their hands under arms which immobilises movement of the grapplee.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 6
Just so everyone knows, especially new people, I was called the shoe on one eyed eagle and the manly sea eagles site blog in the early days of the www. So the avatar isn’t associated with young schuster.

So you're the man named Shoe are you?

Not that Croker is anything to rave about at 6,but his move to dummy half has proven its not as simple as just putting a half into 9.I assume Levi has played 9 his whole career and he struggles with the concept of passing
Yeah but then again Croker seems to play better at 9 than at 6.

Cameron Smith has made a career out of it.. sure in the middle will be harder stamina wise but won't be caught out one and one on a rampaging backrower. 2 or three in the tackle should hide his defficiencies
Respectfully Smith and Cust shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath no matter the context. Smith makes time stand still. Things happen in slow motion around him. Watched him live for the first time Sunday and it’s like he pushes a button and things just slow down in both sides of the ball.

Looking as though you have plenty of time with the football in hand puts you in the master class and there are only very few in that class.

Respectfully Smith and Cust shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath no matter the context. Smith makes time stand still. Things happen in slow motion around him. Watched him live for the first time Sunday and it’s like he pushes a button and things just slow down in both sides of the ball.
Somehow Matai was able to ignore that and drill him at least once in most games, but that is a rare thing

We showed Smith way too much respect last week & didn’t put any tackle pressure on him at all. If he had worn a dinner suit it wouldn’t have had a mark on it.

The Mole: NSW coach Brad Fittler excited about Manly's teen star

Blues coach Brad Fittler admits he can't wait to watch the debut of boom Manly rookie Josh Schuster for Manly against Wests Tigers tomorrow.

Schuster has been labelled league's 'next big thing' and faces up to his boyhood idol Benji Marshall in his first game in top company.

The 19-year-old centre or five-eighth is a member of Fittler's NSW Pathways squad and was named SG Ball (under-18) player of the year in 2019.

As far as talent goes, he is right at the top of the list of all the young kids around," an excited Fittler told Wide World of Sports.

"I'm actually surprised it took Des (Hasler) so long into the season to give him a chance.

"I enjoyed watching him play last year and it's a pity he hasn't been able to play much this season because of COVID.

"But he is a special talent and it will be interesting to see how he handles this step up in class."

Schuster is the nephew of former All Black and Newcastle cult hero John Schuster.

There are also comparisons between the Manly rookie and Fittler himself.

Like Fittler, Schuster is a centre or five-eighth and big, strong and mobile for his age.

Both were identified as future superstars well before making their top grade debuts as teenagers.

Fittler: "I'm actually surprised it took Des (Hasler) so long into the season to give him a chance.
Lol yes we have had the odd comment here on ST about that issue!
I'll simply say I consider Des a better coach than Freddy, plus Des knows our squad better ;)

Lol yes we have had the odd comment here on ST about that issue!
I'll simply say I consider Des a better coach than Freddy, plus Des knows our squad better ;)
Fittler: "I'm actually surprised it took Des (Hasler) so long into the season to give him a chance.
We will find out against the tigers If Schuster was ready for selection .
We will see if he offers more than the players Des persisted with all season

Well it looks like Josh's debut is the worst kept secret in the NRL. Des needs to raise the radar level as he is having trouble fitting under it at the moment by the looks of things.

Well it looks like Josh's debut is the worst kept secret in the NRL. Des needs to raise the radar level as he is having trouble fitting under it at the moment by the looks of things.
Yep the ploy of naming these young rookies in the extended squad has been seen straight through by many in the media. Is there some “loose lips” on the MWSE ship?

We showed Smith way too much respect last week & didn’t put any tackle pressure on him at all. If he had worn a dinner suit it wouldn’t have had a mark on it.
Agree mate but that’s the point. Smith has an ability to do this against lots of teams and consistently over a very long time. I think it’s more about his ability to avoid pressure and control game speed than the opposition not putting pressure on him. I mean for how long now has he been doing this. And please don’t get me wrong I despise the guy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10