It Has Started

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to pose this question to all, I have been thinking about this scenario due to the instability of the board and I ask myself the question, will it be in the best interest of the club and colour and supporters of the club.

How would most of you feel about complete private ownership of the Sea Eagles, would it be good or bad? Do you think it will ever happen?

It concerns me for various reasons, what happens if :

1. Owner goes bankrupt
2. Owner takes majority of games away from Brookvale
3. Owner changes name, colours or emblem of the team
4. What rights if any will the football club members have
5. what about the everyday supporter, what will they get out of it. Will they have a voice.

What else would we have to be concerned about total privatization of our club.

I'd have a clause in the contract saying he can't do a few things without 70% vote from members of all three clubs, however I don't think our wood be utterly necessary

OneEyedEagle said:
I want to pose this question to all, I have been thinking about this scenario due to the instability of the board and I ask myself the question, will it be in the best interest of the club and colour and supporters of the club.

How would most of you feel about complete private ownership of the Sea Eagles, would it be good or bad? Do you think it will ever happen?

1. Owner goes bankrupt
5. what about the everyday supporter, what will they get out of it. Will they have a voice.

I don't think it would be as bad as that. After all, if supporters revolt against the changes the owners would lose mega bucks through no gate takings, merchandise sales etc. They normally leave the football side to the coach and football staff. I mean as much as there was instability at board level, they didn't make radical changes to anything that would affect the football club during the season. It's more front office changes that would be effected.

abnc said:
OneEyedEagle said:

1. Owner goes bankrupt

I don't think it would be as bad as that. After all, if supporters revolt against the changes the owners would lose mega bucks through no gate takings, merchandise sales etc. They normally leave the football side to the coach and football staff. I mean as much as there was instability at board level, they didn't make radical changes to anything that would affect the football club during the season. It's more front office changes that would be effected.

I see it as more concerning than that. The owner would hold the NRL license for the team and could move it anywhere and do anything they liked with it. The NFL franchise history is riddled with instances where private owners have done anything they liked and to hell with the fans.

No way to 100% ownership
As it stands the private owners can over rule the football and league club on any business matters but can not change the vital things like the team name and loaction.

if it became a better business to move the team a private owner would have no issue. Could end up with the Perth Sea Eagles or worse Central Coast Sea Eagles ;)

Not sure I would be real happy for Penn to own all shares as he would then have 4 seats on board and run of the show fully.
Can we trust him with that much power?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Mybludog said:
Do we have a club without him ?

We don't but any private owner with 100% control will be out of Brookvale as fast as you can say "Premiers 2011".

Absolutely. The board have received plenty of deserved flack, but the call for everyone to be from a business background is extreme. If you want the boards primary concern to be the bottom line, then see you later brookie, bye bye half the coaching staff. A functioning board needs to be balanced and able to represent all parties involved. Absolutely nothing wrong with disagreement, but the ability to discuss things rationally and most importantly be open minded, not to instantly dismiss ideas that are different to yours and judge things on their merits. Thats the perfect world board IMO.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6