It’s time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sad to see the Manly Daily continue to ignore our Club :(

Finals match does not even get a mention :confused:

There's a bit with Jake talking about Jorge's hits and 'the upcoming' final in the blindside section with that geddes guy.

Also the word asbestos is on the front page (lol)

- edit: Though the paper should have almost been full of the game tonight!

A News Ltd production?! or just a small local show. Very ordinary effort though either way!
Thats what gets me that all district papers are just News Ltd subsets.

Plus the premise of a local paper is to highlight the local events.
With 18k people wandering around pre and post game the local pubs and restaurants should enjoy extra patronage :)

The blackout of all things Manly Rugby League is so obvious compared to previous decades of coverage that delighted the locals :cool:

Just looked on Ticketmaster, GA now selling at Game Day price of $35.

They never advertise they would do that, jack up the prices 40% on game day (GA Adult $35). If anyone can share member codes if not used then an Adult is $20 (GA).
Really just get 4 together and buy Family ticket at $95 ($23.75 each) !

Yeah, agree totally on the postcode thing. If they’re attributing team followed by how close they are to the team’s home base, they’d be very wrong. My sister is going with a big group from the northern end of the Illawarra (so, pretty close to the shire) and not one is supporting the Sharks. Heaps of manly jerseys down this way at the moment, BTW...have only seen a couple of Cronulla ones.

Allegiances are a whole lot less based on geography than they used to be.

Exactly. Prime example.....me. I've been a Manly fan for 37 years and I don't live on the Northern Beaches, never have. Hell, I don't even live in Sydney.....or NSW for that matter.

I will admit to supporting the Adelaide Rams back in 1997, but that was when there were two separate competitions and Manly wouldn't have to play Adelaide so I could support both. However, once they were both in the NRL in 1998, I may be from Adelaide be it was never a question as to where my rugby league loyalty lay......and it started and ended at Brookvale. Same with my choice of AFL team. I've always been an Essendon fan and that didn't change when Adelaide got its own AFL team.

To make a short story long, its that its not just locals who support a team. Unfortunately though, its usually the locals who can get to the games. There are plenty of us here in Silvertails who can't get to the game tonight for one reason or another (mostly geographical and/or financial), but we'd be there if we could.

6465A1DC-DA4C-4015-B702-59A07450D848.jpeg

Thats what gets me that all district papers are just News Ltd subsets.

Plus the premise of a local paper is to highlight the local events.
With 18k people wandering around pre and post game the local pubs and restaurants should enjoy extra patronage :)

The blackout of all things Manly Rugby League is so obvious compared to previous decades of coverage that delighted the locals :cool:
Is it agenda driven or cost cutting?
It was always packed with Manly stuff.
I know on the central coast we get 3 measly sports pages but the mariners get plenty of coverage during their season...

Is it agenda driven or cost cutting?
It was always packed with Manly stuff.
I know on the central coast we get 3 measly sports pages but the mariners get plenty of coverage during their season...
Not cost cutting as other sports are covered.

Shortsighted by News Ltd as Manly news sells :nerd:

Well there won't be one from Phil seeing as he didn't write the article, it was Nick Walshaw.

As mentioned previously in this thread, when the media were carrying on about all the Parra fans coming over for round 18, (which never eventuated and Lottoland looked great in maroon and white) that reeked of some slick behind the scenes propaganda.

But is the article helpful (again) this time around or just Manly bashing?
While the first reaction may be to slam the media about their rubbish articles (which I admit is like shooting fish in a barrel) the only outcome this can achieve is Manly fans buying tickets - which helps Manly!

So if it fires up those Manly fence sitters to buy tickets, that helps the team so it's not really an anti Manly article!

Oh sure, there's the usual ignoring of such issues (and non issues) as the lack of free transport, ongoing concerns about where the game will be played, the asbestos , state of the ground, the digs we're used to reading about, but still there's no point in a media based cronulla-or other non manly- fan to write an article like this, as it only helps Manly.

And for that reason I say "Thank you Nick Walshaw" for doing Manly a service you probably never intended.

GO MANLY!

GAME DAY!

Well, as the article turned out to be complete bollocks (as expected) Nick can go right ahead and correct his b/s article.

*don't hold your breath*

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8