Israel Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The double standards by some of you do-gooders around here is laughable. We have a player who is awaiting a criminal trial for allegedly stabbing someone and also previously being charged by police for a separate matter. Who everyone stands by around here, myself included.
Then you have Folau who has followed and preached his religion which is legal and he gets slated.
Good on the Dragons for taking him and standing up to the lefties. He’s an exceptional talent and deserving of an NRL contract.

I agree .. IMO he hasn't done anything to warrant being banned from playing ... in fact I find all the outrage amusing ..

I also think that Folau isn't too unhappy with any and all publicity he garners for his "cause" .. (credit card donations accepted) .. just going through the process of an NRL review with it's subsequent publicity will be a win for his church ..

Last edited:
The double standards by some of you do-gooders around here is laughable. We have a player who is awaiting a criminal trial for allegedly stabbing someone and also previously being charged by police for a separate matter. Who everyone stands by around here, myself included.
Then you have Folau who has followed and preached his religion which is legal and he gets slated.
Good on the Dragons for taking him and standing up to the lefties. He’s an exceptional talent and deserving of an NRL contract.
He wil alienate the supporters of any club that signs him. It will have a negative effect on their corporate sponsorship.

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
If it was the Roosters or Souths applying for his registration, I'd bet he would be training with them by the end of the week. With St George making the application, I am not so sure he will get the green light.

I do, however, think that the NRL finds itself in a tricky situation re coming up with a reason not to register him that avoids contravening anti-discrimination legislation.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I don't know what's so hard about this whole Folau furore?

1. He's entitled to his beliefs.
2. Others are entitled to their beliefs.
3. Rugby Australia had a rule stating no employee could display or promote divisive/exclusionary behaviour.
4. Folau posted several tweets claiming homosexuals (among others) will go to hell.
5. Folau broke the rule of his employer - a rule he signed a contract agreeing to abide by.
6. Rugby Australia terminated his contract for breaking said rule.

Anything that happened after that - whether it was philosophical discussion about his freedom of speech or religious views vs others' freedom of speech & sexual orientation (no, not paddock bashing in lingerie), or the indication of widespread support due to the size of his GoFundMe balance - is irrelevant as it's all speculation & it never made it to the High Court for a ruling.

Any discussion of what the possible outcome of the case may have been is, again, speculation.

He agreed to a rule, he broke that rule.

No one seems to be giving him a hard time for breaking a rule he agreed to - surely that would be considered some form of lying or deceit?

Shoe1

Journey Man
Hook liked a bunch of QAnon sites last year, and now he’s “standing up to the lefties” by chasing folau?? Add the skull (thanks for the photo in a previous post!).

Saints will be storming Parliament House in horns before we know it.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.

3. Rugby Australia had a rule stating no employee could display or promote divisive/exclusionary behaviour.
4. Folau posted several tweets claiming homosexuals (among others) will go to hell.
5. Folau broke the rule of his employer - a rule he signed a contract agreeing to abide by.

Anything that happened after that - whether it was philosophical discussion about his freedom of speech or religious views vs others' freedom of speech & sexual orientation (no, not paddock bashing in lingerie), or the indication of widespread support due to the size of his GoFundMe balance - is irrelevant as it's all speculation & it never made it to the High Court for a ruling.

Any discussion of what the possible outcome of the case may have been is, again, speculation.

No one seems to be giving him a hard time for breaking a rule he agreed to - surely that would be considered some form of lying or deceit?
You left out a point where Joycey called RA and said sack him or we bail (not mentioned - we're bailing regardless)

He wil alienate the supporters of any club that signs him. It will have a negative effect on their corporate sponsorship.
Not once he starts scoring tries. People will soon forget....
How many churchies would really stop supporting them because of his signing? I'd say not many

Shoe1

Journey Man
Saints were always
Not once he starts scoring tries. People will soon forget....
How many churchies would really stop supporting them because of his signing? I'd say not many
I’ve never liked st George. This adds to my dislike.

I work with a rusted on dragon fan. He is pissed off about mcinness, hook, Corey Norman and is apoplectic about folau. New levels of despair at how his club is managed.

I always remember this one:

Israel+Folau+2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+ee_vwK3Zcqul.jpg

and this one:

Israel+Folau+2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+twgRySbJcsal.jpg
Had that top one on my wall for ages LOL

A teenager trying to come to terms with their sexuality will actually see Izzy as a community role model ?
Really ?

Mum and Dad are really accepting, but some religious fanatic, who happens to be good at footy, reckons his sky fairy will smite me for being gay.
Lol.
Yeah because its Adam and Eve..
Not adam and steve. Innit

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Well structured and informative as always @47MVEagle .
My only stumbling block was the "paddock bashing in lingerie’....I’m gunna need a bit more detail on that one.@;)

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Why are you all so upset with his opinion? He is entitled to it isn't he? We dont get upset when some of you ramble on about breathing in the fire of life and exhaling trees do we? Or that some believe we used to be monkeys... hmmm lots of stone throwing going on for nothing
A great quote by the great man and Britain's best leader of all time
about others peoples opinions

" You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks "

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A great quote by the great man and Britain's best leader of all time
about others peoples opinions

" You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks "
Except you will also never reach any destination if you are set upon by a pack of rabid dogs. And murders and physical bashing of gay people still occur, so it is disingenuous to make out that it doesn't matter what people say. (not a point aimed at you Bozo)
Especially in the context of male footy culture. Speaking of which , Collingwood AFL?
Ah don't be so PC, it's only footy, a bit of racism, bit of sexism, bit of gay bashing, where's the harm?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Except you will also never reach any destination if you are set upon by a pack of rabid dogs. And murders and physical bashing of gay people still occur, so it is disingenuous to make out that it doesn't matter what people say. (not a point aimed at you Bozo)
Especially in the context of male footy culture. Speaking of which , Collingwood AFL?
Ah don't be so PC, it's only footy, a bit of racism, bit of sexism, bit of gay bashing, where's the harm?
Any one can have their own opinion without murdering , or bashing people
A persons opinion is just that .

And this is what I like about the quote
Why give people attention and give them power over us by stressing out

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why give people attention and give them power over us by stressing out
Because they have already taken the power, and it you don't stand up to it they will continue to take it.
And you are right, you can have an anti-gay opinion without personally harming anyone physically. But don't you also agree that gay-bashing does not occur if those attitudes do not exist?

Kevinward777

First Grader
Being gay has never been more universally accepted than it is right now. In fact, it is celebrated in most parts of the world. Every business caters to the needs of those who identify as queer.

The mainstream media, Hollywood, NASA, Disney, Facebook, Twitter, sports, education and government have all embraced the colours of the rainbow. Everyone is marching along with a little flag in their hand-thy persecution hast now passethed thou by. People need to relax.

However, I got abused for being a straight white male the other day while shopping at the local IGA. Nobody seemed to be outraged at the time. Thankfully my surname isn't COON, and I wasn't carrying any cheese.

You were on here slagging off islanders for being too precious about their cultural traditions a few weeks back SER8... what happened?

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18