Is this the most even comp in years ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s round 7, and we’ve seen

The Dolphins winning more games than all thought.

The Raiders getting flogged one week and then knocking off the front runners the next.

Manly getting flogged one week and then knocking off a top 4 contender the next.

The Panthers losing

The Panthers winning big last week and then just sneaking a GP win the next.

The Knights ( where the **** have they come from ).

Teams running in the bottom 4 knocking of teams running in the top 4.

The list goes on , tipping is an absolute nightmare.

So what ya reckon boys and girls ????

Not yet mate - there's always 100 upsets warly, it takes till mid season on for the comp to take shape.
There will be a red hot 3-4 teams....about 4-5 inbetweens and thd then the rest....insaying this I get where your going Mark because in 2023 there could be more like 6 - 7 teams in that 2nd category fighting for that 5 - 8 spot
As the season go's on there are fewer upsets and the better teams can play ordinary and still win.
Due to fitness and combinations still sorting out earlier there can be far more odd results and plus early on those bottom teams try harder because they are all basically in the top 8 or close enough till later in the season and the white flags go up.
Just hope we are in 1 of the Top categories and based on "so far" taking out the Penrith game - we certainly are.
Only strange thing is Illawarra are usually Premiers around May after several rounds. before they fight out the spoon :clap:

As much as i hate the crazy non-required interventions of the referees, I'm starting to think the crazy non-required interventions of the referees are having the unexpected effect of slowing games down and sharing possession a bit more, making for more even contests and drama.

There was a thread last year in which @Batty said something along the lines that historically the premiership is almost always won by one of the teams that are top 4 at the end of 8 rounds.
Well, if we beat the Tigers ...we'll be one of those in the top 4 after 8 rounds...
Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

It's looking that way mate. It's ironic the 6 agains are few these days and teams are fitter. It is coming back to that grind type of football.

Not really. The riff will win again , top 4 will be Riff, Vermin, Rorters, Purplescum.

Not yet mate - there's always 100 upsets warly, it takes till mid season on for the comp to take shape.
There will be a red hot 3-4 teams....about 4-5 inbetweens and thd then the rest....insaying this I get where your going Mark because in 2023 there could be more like 6 - 7 teams in that 2nd category fighting for that 5 - 8 spot
As the season go's on there are fewer upsets and the better teams can play ordinary and still win.
Due to fitness and combinations still sorting out earlier there can be far more odd results and plus early on those bottom teams try harder because they are all basically in the top 8 or close enough till later in the season and the white flags go up.
Just hope we are in 1 of the Top categories and based on "so far" taking out the Penrith game - we certainly are.
Only strange thing is Illawarra are usually Premiers around May after several rounds. before they fight out the spoon :clap:
Fair comments too!!

Not really. The riff will win again , top 4 will be Riff, Vermin, Rorters, Purplescum.
Based on previous years I’d agree 💯 %

BUT

I have a feeling this year is different.

Think it’s going to be volatile for the whole season.

Based on previous years I’d agree 💯 %

BUT

I have a feeling this year is different.

Think it’s going to be volatile for the whole season.
Unless the storm get Papps back and start firing big time I see them as only a top 8 side.
Roosters again are hit and miss.
Penrith as good as they were against us are beatable.
Souths are either hot or not.

only sidee at the moment that won't have a chance on the 8 are the tigers. very open comp.

Unless the storm get Papps back and start firing big time I see them as only a top 8 side.

only sidee at the moment that won't have a chance on the 8 are the tigers. very open comp.
Agree fully , any down to 16 could be top 8 at years end.

Very very even competition.

I think brought about more by what’s happening with the rules than anything else.

more reward is going with defence than previous years
legs tackles are getting more lattitude

the refs seem a little less picky
lots of onfield stoppages to check stuff and challenges are breaking momentum

drop kick challenges and short kick off challenges are halting momentum and possession avalanches

Try watching the faders v goonsat the moment. Both are rubbish bottom 8 for sure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4