Is there any Fight left ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Sure having Tom T out is horrible...Walker out is concerning....to lose AFB only adds to the current catastrophic situation.
Then we cop shocking decisions in key moments.....
All of the above we have little control over which is very frustration....But...it does not give a free pass to start looking to the Excuse book which is Not the way back.
it comes down to fight, determination and all of the phrases from a "Rocky" movie.....Manly has long been regarded the 'Hated team"....Us against them is the mentality....well the next month will show us if the grit is there or the fire has gone out.
If there was ever a chance to use the back against the wall philosophy - now is the time.
if the boys are hungry enough and play the 80 minute, hard and rugged footy, they should test Illawarra and have a red hot chance of a win....the following week against Eels, well that's a tough gig given the available troops, but if we turn up prepared with the right energy and Attitude - anything is possible....at least have a red hot go and that's a win in itself.
There's 2 choices atm...either rip in with the determination we love and opposition fans hate, or take the easy out and just accept losing because we have players out and the refs, officials hate Manly.
Really hoping more than anything Des gets the players to dig the heels in and fight harder than ever against the odds.....it's a chance to see this 2020 sides character and IF they are willing to roll up the sleeves and cop some bruises, you always give yourself a shot.....has Manly got the fight to compete given these tough circumstances....maybe I'm a little one eyed, but have a feeling we could be in for some special performances against the odds these next few games.

No afB will be ok we have morgan Boyle!

Next weeks team
Garrick better but cant oass
Jorge 'cant trap ponga twice' taufua
Scorpio solid
Moses doesnt pass suli
Funa kid goes alright
Cust could of won us the game but.....
Myth boy ruined our chances
Keppie
Levi meh
Marty
Joel needs to fo more Thompson
Siro
Jake needs to offload **** me dead

Croker never to leave the bench again
Boyle our hero
Pillowseka
Jacky boy needs to shave his head

Dragons have more points in them then us but we can defend better.. this one's a coin toss

The next month is going to be hard, if we can get a couple of wins up and not loose any more players we should still be in the mix at seasons end. The bookies seem to think the same and they generally are pretty good judges.

No afB will be ok we have morgan Boyle!

Next weeks team
Garrick better but cant oass
Jorge 'cant trap ponga twice' taufua
Scorpio solid
Moses doesnt pass suli
Funa kid goes alright
Keppie
Levi meh
Marty
Joel needs to fo more Thompson
Siro
Jake needs to offload **** me dead

Croker never to leave the bench again
Boyle our hero
Pillowseka
Jacky boy needs to shave his head

Dragons have more points in them then us but we can defend better.. this one's a coin toss
Good team I reckon. Go Manly!

In the next 8 weeks we have:
We have 3 very winnable games against bottom placed sides.
We have 3 of the top sides and
2 games against mid range sides.
Win the 3 we are expected to win and may a win against the other sides and we would be 8 from 16 with Turbo and Walker returning. Our last 4 games are all very winnable, win 3 of those and we will be in the semis. From there anything can happen. It's not do or die yet but every loss makes it that much harder

20 points I believe will get in 8. From there anything possible if tom fit then who knows.
We beaten both of last years grand finalists this side can do it we are better defensively (bar sharks game) attack needs help.

I'm sure they'll bounce back and have that desire. Will be harder for sure to get the win but they'll fight to get there.

Yesterday was disappointing and we had enough chances to win it in the end. We had a couple of tries disallowed from those two bombs but in other games the the knock on could have been touched by Ponga first.

I was angry that the push wasn't a penalty but in the end a penalty goal from the sideline kicked by Garrick to tie a game was the biggest long shot roll of the dice, hindsight is a great thing.

Another day and we would have beaten that side by 10 points. The fight will be there don't worry, Cronulla game aside we were a chance in every game this season.

The team has plenty of fight. We have been kicked in the teeth by crap officialdom in at least two games this season and cruelled by injuries. I just hope that if this does not improve that the coaching staff have the courage to inject youth into the side. Our biggest issue right now is a distinct lack of creativity, You will not win a premiership by scoring only 16 points a game.

We have proven to have the fight is us . We are a resilient team . We need to play smarter and with more discipline

Mate its like a dog with a bone that you just won't let go...
Your right cust could have won us the game but passed to row 15 instead of his wing AND

Myth boy ruined our chances??? He was pretty close to best on feild yesterday which says a lot for the rest of the side. Sure made a few mistakes but FFS give the hating a rest... you might find it helps your mental state.

The defence yesterday was good and a repeat of that will keep the dragons out
Just need to be better in attack
The only time the team starts to throw the ball out wide is when they are behind and chasing the game at the end
Need to back themselves and go wide more often then just turning it inside all to often

Mate its like a dog with a bone that you just won't let go...
Your right cust could have won us the game but passed to row 15 instead of his wing AND

Myth boy ruined our chances??? He was pretty close to best on feild yesterday which says a lot for the rest of the side. Sure made a few mistakes but FFS give the hating a rest... you might find it helps your mental state.
No he is **** we all see it expect you hahaha cust made 1 bad error. After that he did well and looked most likely and was! Until the myth took over and he (cust) barely got the ball in the last 10 when we needed him to get it the most. Cherry threw the ball over the sideline or did you forget? He threw that crap pass for suli that was behind him on the 2nd. Did he get any repeat sets? Pretty sure cust got 2 and could of had 2 more if taufua wasnt so lazy and actually grabbed ponga. He improved sure iv said as much in other posts but not good enough to beat the knights with all that possession and no ponga Lee and the 2nd rower. The guy also got sent off costing us 8 points.... so yeah seems we see the game differently

Edit. I'll watch the game again tonight and take notes

Guys......remember we scored 2 tries, 2 tries disallowed & 3 close calls which could have been tries. Knights tries we’re lucky at best. The first half was even, the second half we had them & a few dubious calls took the game from us! The Knights were offside numerous times yet very few 6 again calls or penalties......not the case for the Knights who had a helping hand each time we had them coming off their own line. Our forwards were all over them & with a fair share of calls the score could have been 30 to 14!!! With a full strength team we’d have hammered the Knights. Yes it will take time for the ‘replacement players’ to gel but I feel we’re doing ok without our 3 outs!!! Once Tom, Walks & Fainu are fit & well we will be fine. I believe we can win all our games without those 3 if we get a fair share of 50/50 calls. Call me optimistic but we showed what we can do with replacement players last year & earlier this year! I just wish the coaching staff would give a couple of X factor players in Hoppa & Schuster a go!!!! Gosiewski is not what he was last year & his fitness is off, Paseka needs some mongrel, Boyle & Waddell need to get back into the 17, Cust to 6, Levi needs to step up & play 80 mins, Schuster deserves a spot on the bench in place of Croker along with Keppie, Boyle, Waddell or Olakau’atu or Sipley. Maybe even a bit of mongrel in Zac Saddler could make a difference! I just feel our weekness is our bench! Once AFB & Marty come off our go forward goes with them! Apart from Keppie we have no punch from Paseka & Gosiewski unfortunately. If Levi goes down....Cust to hooker & Schuster to 5/8.
We need to start taking a risk & promote our youngsters as other clubs are doing. I don’t believe in this rubbish of he’s too young or inexperienced. These youngsters will bring a $hitload of energy!!!!

No he is **** we all see it expect you hahaha cust made 1 bad error. After that he did well and looked most likely and was! Until the myth took over and he (cust) barely got the ball in the last 10 when we needed him to get it the most. Cherry threw the ball over the sideline or did you forget? He threw that crap pass for suli that was behind him on the 2nd. Did he get any repeat sets? Pretty sure cust got 2 and could of had 2 more if taufua wasnt so lazy and actually grabbed ponga. He improved sure iv said as much in other posts but not good enough to beat the knights with all that possession and no ponga Lee and the 2nd rower. The guy also got sent off costing us 8 points.... so yeah seems we see the game differently

Edit. I'll watch the game again tonight and take notes

Few other people see it differently to your good self as well.

Few other people see it differently to your good self as well.
Chez played well and is a clutch match winner when needed. His kicks to the in goal need to improve tho. Pierce out did him in that area on Sunday. He’ll get us home v dragons and the whole team will lift.

I rate our chances against top 8/top 4 teams more so Im happy with our draw coming up

We should have done better the last few weeks and really the buck lies with the team performances and poor selections. There is an old saying if it's not broken don't fix it. Conversely if it is broken or not working you need to fix it or nothing changes. We need x factor in attack and the coach's stubbornness at giving young stars a crack is reminding me of he who shall not be named. We are so far off the pace performance wise at present that I doubt we will finish above 10th. Here I was predicting top 4. I cannot for the life of me understand why our side stands so flat in attack in the opposition's red zone . By the time we throw a pass the defence is all over the receiver. I get the need to hit the ball on the advantage line when winning field position but to be clinical in the red zone you need depth. Clinical we are not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4