Is there an Nrl conspiracy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Is there a NRL conspiracy?

• Yes, it's clear the powers that be favour certain clubs.

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • Yes, the Nrl will do anything to stop Manly being successful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, any unfairness is due to incompetence.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No, it's a completely fair competition.

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Can I vote 1 and 3 ?

Individuals, who incidentally, get to make the big eyeballing, executive decisions are clearly biased.

The rest are simply incompetent.

Rather than facilitating a fair and even sporting competition, the executives are incentivised to maximise short term metrics which make them look good and keep their jobs/bonuses.

This favours certain teams, power players and gives the networks much more influence than they should have. The long term health of the game in terms of credibility, grass roots and young supporters do not matter.

I think it’s a poorly designed system more than anything truely sinister but it does allow for exploitation.

Rather than facilitating a fair and even sporting competition, the executives are incentivised to maximise short term metrics which make them look good and keep their jobs/bonuses.

This favours certain teams, power players and gives the networks much more influence than they should have. The long term health of the game in terms of credibility, grass roots and young supporters do not matter.

I think it’s a poorly designed system more than anything truely sinister but it does allow for exploitation.
Very good summation.

It's clear to everyone that the NRL favours certain organisations and individuals over others in its quest to shape the game towards favoured narratives. The only thing keeping them even partially in check is their incompetence.

Well said ..... I am not a conspiracy theorist .... simply because the number of people req'd to keep a secret makes 99% of them impossible .... the fact that there has/is no whistle blowers from within is telling ..... so I believe any "institutionalised" corruption of the NRL is fairly improbable ...

However, that said .. your comments regarding the poorly designed system are very valid .... the lack of accountability .... and the amount of total power placed in one persons hands .... without oversight or question ..... lays the way open for extreme corruption of individuals .... and the massging of events to satisfy internal goals .... almost inevitable .....

The chasing of the all important broadcasting contract as the holy grail influences all decisions ...... to the detriment of principle, fairness or even decency ....

Greenturd and his merry goons care about 5 clubs dearly , Rorters, Vermin, Drizzle, Whinging Worms and Donkeys and the rest of us are an afterthought.

Apparently he gets rewarded for his success since his tenure since 2013.

In that time he has presided over disaster after disaster.

Some clubs have their salary cap policed and others just laugh and rort it. Punishment has been dished out to clubs who are struggling financially while the fat cat clubs just continue to be unpunished.

If you examine how the salary cap retirement slush fund is now in place and some clubs get full benefit while others get jack ****e!!

We have problems in our games with officiating and judiciary and all we get is the denial about the problem. Last season alone saw a final our club was involved in decided by officials in favour of one of the favourite clubs and a grand final decision critical to the outcome again going to the favoured team.

The clubs have allowed this to happen. There is a power clique that just continues to feather its own nests and all we get from Greenturd is that its a fair and equal competition and there is nothing to see here.

The leadership vacuum has eaten away the confidence that rank and file fans have in the game and the ignorance of their wishes continues.

I was really hoping that Vlandys would change the landscape of the NRL, it seems its just more of them same.

All I care about now is seeing 17 guys every week giving their all for the maroon and white. Thats what matters to me. I only stay interested in the game because of my club and I have no faith in the administration of the NRL, none what so ever!!

Any organisation that can run without transparency and with one man with ultimate discretion and great power is an empire focussed on the agenda of those wealthy enough to have influence and not the common good (the future of the game itself). I had hoped the Commission wound make things better but IMO things are worse and notwithstanding how obvious it looks it appears no one or group have the courage to challenge the tyranny.

There is in my mind certain games where refs definitely have a favoured side to the point it's obvious.
I do believe that watching a game WITHOUT Manly involved is a clearer indicator, as I have a totally diplomatic view...unless on the punt of course.
As for bending rules relating to player bans, salary cap issues ect....I don't think they have a conspiracy - I KNOW IT.
The facts speak louder than opinion and the double standards to favoured sides is obvious in relation to identical situations with NRL sides, with a predictable few sides and I'll start with Roosters and Souths...getting far more liberty with player compensations, TPA's, salary cap, Judicial hearings and I'll be here all day, so will pull up there.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4