[Resurrected] Is the NRLs hidden Agenda out there to have this team fold???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
Hi Everyone.

Im a massive sea eagles supporter have been all my life all 40 years of them. Have been through all the ups and downs and stuck with my team through thick and thin, wins and losses. Followed the team to every stadium to watch them in 2008.

It pains me to see what we are going through at the moment, however I cant help but feel there is a bigger agenda out there. Everything just points to our team being given the wrong end of the stick, always has , however now its worse than ever. Our salary cap breach punishment was a calculated fine, The way its been handled is to make it so hard for us that there is no choice but to give in. Since then we just cant do anything right or catch a break. The NRL wants us out its so evident, and the media BS its just like your losing everything you hold dear too.

The only way we as supporters can respond is to all become members!!! A team as successful as our to have one of the weakest memberships is a slap in the face to this club. Get out there and become members because I believe if we don't we will lose this team all together. If that ever happens rugby league has lost me forever...

Just getting that off my chest guys dont want to be negative but for me its like I'm seeing the beginning of the end of our club everyday the last 3 weeks.. and this is the first time since the northern eagle days im getting the same empty feeling.

The recent agenda for the NRL has been expansion in Perth/WA. More and more games are getting played there and even Origin in the near future. Maybe the NRL want a Sydney team to struggle and be forced to relocate west, or maybe your right and they just want us gone all together.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Man we really need to win tomorrow...

The recent agenda for the NRL has been expansion in Perth/WA. More and more games are getting played there and even Origin in the near future. Maybe the NRL want a Sydney team to struggle and be forced to relocate west, or maybe your right and they just want us gone all together.

Always look to TV. How can the NRL generate further TV revenue to keep themselves afloat? Enter a new time zone...

If it wasn’t for their ridiculous leagues club filled with pokies it would be the dogs

giphy.gif

Their incompetence trumps their hatred of Manly.
More teams means more for the NRL. Simply moving teams won't be enough for the power and money hungry big wigs at the NRL.

I'm thinking similarly @SeaEagle007 as we seem to lurch from one crisis to another on a daily basis. Like you, I can't recall a more turbulent season since the awful Northern Eagles days. The negativity has been so extreme that I believe the NRL do have a hidden agenda to get rid of Manly however they can in favour of expansion.

Yes, all we can do is support Manly as much as possible (though at times they don't make it easy). Long live Manly!

The NRL loses more without a Manly team in the competition than any other club. We are hated more than any other club and some of the rivalries are the best thing for the comp.
WE WILL NEVER DIE

It would be great if this current team used a bit of the famous Manly 'siege mentality'. The players all seem too nice in front of the media. It would be good to have the Stewarts and Matai still involved with the club to help in this regard.

I always thought Glenn Stewart would make a decent coach one day.

Rather than adopt the North Sydney attitude that it's all everyone else's fault that the club's future is under a cloud, why not concentrate on the errors the owners and the football department have made, that have led us here?

Last edited:
The state govt wants brookie oval to be redeveloped into residential units

While at the same time its just been announced this week that the Central Coast Stadium will get $700,000 from the NSW Government for improvements to the venue.

Look, I think it would be a stupid thing for the NRL to want Manly moved to Perth. We are the only NRL club north of Sydney Harbour (lets face it, the Bears are done, its just fools like Florimo who can't let it go. But of course the media love it because its an anti-Manly thing). Get rid of us and they hand that whole area to union, soccer and maybe even Aussie Rules.

For all their bad points, mostly around the way they went about the whole thing, at least Super League actually realised early on that they had to represent all 4 points of the compass in Sydney even if north of the harbour ended up staying ARL loyal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4