Is old now new again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Dashing DES. A NSW halfback. A premiership winning halfback. Yet I remember him most fondly as a lock forward. Those were the days. But also several no 9 filling in.

2v the legend. The greatest coach in history to be sacked for the result of 9th. As a halfback he sure played some games at hooker for the blues.

Cliffy the greatest player I've ever seen lace a boot. Correct me if I am wrong, but did he come to us as a lock? Or was it played lock in his first year at MAN? He was pretty ordinary at 9. Well may be he was just a bit off that entire year because he was pretty ordinary at 6 first before he got moved. But wow when he was on at 6 and he was for 1000 years. He made not just the opposition, but the game and father time stand still when he worked his magic.

So given some of the great halves of our past seemed to find them selves at hooker, at lock forward, why are some of you now so adverse to such a concept in the here and now?

Personally this 6 again rubbish is just perfect for nimble, quick, smaller bodied, ball player at lock and hooker.

Now think. DCE. Foz. Schuster. Walker. Cust. And tell me who plays where and why?

I say the answer is a pineapple. Bye in large it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
With cliffy, pretty sure mitchell cox came with cliffy , but cox was to play 6. Cliffy the champion had his moments of course but who the hell is cox . Bloody union

I wonder how des and tooves careers would have been without cliffy. Neither were great playmakers, very quick off the mark, good defenders that didnt kick that much other than the chip and chase.
Different times

Dce has played dummy half for qld but doesnt have the defensive game to make that spot his own, even though he is a good defender. In the future i see him as a 14, relieving fainu when the sting is out of the game. Backing up at 7 when foz is injured
Cust has the grit and toughness but lacks a bit of spark and natural speed that would be ideal but is an option. Very travis burns like.
If we get foz and he stays fit he has to be 6 or 7 to bring us up to speed with game management , its a must
Schuster looks a 6 , dont see him as a 13 or 9. But saw very little to be honest. I could see he and foz as half partners

Good question, thats my view

With cliffy, pretty sure mitchell cox came with cliffy , but cox was to play 6. Cliffy the champion had his moments of course but who the hell is cox . Bloody union

I wonder how des and tooves careers would have been without cliffy. Neither were great playmakers, very quick off the mark, good defenders that didnt kick that much other than the chip and chase.
Different times

Dce has played dummy half for qld but doesnt have the defensive game to make that spot his own, even though he is a good defender. In the future i see him as a 14, relieving fainu when the sting is out of the game. Backing up at 7 when foz is injured
Cust has the grit and toughness but lacks a bit of spark and natural speed that would be ideal but is an option. Very travis burns like.
If we get foz and he stays fit he has to be 6 or 7 to bring us up to speed with game management , its a must
Schuster looks a 6 , dont see him as a 13 or 9. But saw very little to be honest. I could see he and foz as half partners

Good question, thats my view
However Benji claimed it was the best debut he had seen...ever!
Im happy to trust Benji on this one, no offence

However Benji claimed it was the best debut he had seen...ever!
Im happy to trust Benji on this one, no offence

If its schuster i backed in at 6 with foz at 7
Just didnt see him as a 9 or 13. He debuted in the 6
So no offence taken
Did you read it ?
No offence

If its schuster i backed in at 6 with foz at 7
Just didnt see him as a 9 or 13. He debuted in the 6
So no offence taken
Did you read it ?
No offence
All good Jim, i see big things coming from young josh

Fozzy bear will be too slow for the hooking role, same for Croker and Cust. If Walker could tackle big boys well I would suggest him because he has the off the mark acceleration.

Fozzy bear will be too slow for the hooking role, same for Croker and Cust. If Walker could tackle big boys well I would suggest him because he has the off the mark acceleration.
Hasn’t this season proven that throwing in makeshift dummy halves doesn’t work?Levi is quick off the mark too and he’s played his whole career at 9 and I don’t want him anywhere near a Manly jersey again

Hasn’t this season proven that throwing in makeshift dummy halves doesn’t work?Levi is quick off the mark too and he’s played his whole career at 9 and I don’t want him anywhere near a Manly jersey again
Agree I’m not suggesting Walker go there due to his defensive capabilities, plus make shift hookers don’t work out 99% of the time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4