Is Luke brooks the piece we’ve been missing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NRL News: Brooks fires parting shot at Tigers, Roosters confident Manu will re-sign, PNG bid gathers steam from Albo​

Saw the interview on 9, very awkward questions thrown at Brooks. Brooks just looked bemused at some of the questions put to him on Sheens, how well do you think Benji will go, also talked a bit on the Tigers roster. Then finished up saying, playing alongside DCE will be a big weight of my shoulders, and it's not all on me now and how he's really looking forward to joining Manly.

What worries me, is the last two years have statistically been his absolute worst in running metres in his entire career. I also think he's in as bad shape body wise as he's ever been (a case of the Josh Schuster's a bit). He has WAY too much weight on. I personally think he should lose 15 k/g's. That's a lot, but he'd find his attack would be much better.

He needs to get back to this weight (he's always been bigger boned, but look at the mobility difference - he's almost at a standstill now):

EDIT: BTW, who the HELL is our conditioning staff? They have been atrocious forever.

Man get that Jake back!!!

Massive chance he would be in the team before Glenn Stewart. 16 SOO vs 5 and 12 test matches vs 5. GS played in an era where we won and made GF's - have a look at his team mates.

Jake was also picked in all the junior rep teams. Can't say I remember GS being picked.

I also think you will find GS played a lot more reserve grade games. If I remember when he first started he was considered too small, too slow etc etc by many on here.

Jakey every day of the week.

Okay, Jake adds zero in attack - ZERO. He's a tackle machine. He's a fantastic leader & clubsman. I'd agree with you if we are comparing the two at prop, but we aren't, we are comparing the lock position. What other team in the NRL plays a lumbering offer nothing in attack player at lock? None !

Gee Mr Fluffy really gets my goat but he has nothing on those two knuckleheads H&P sauce from the Tigpies. Lenny must be pi$sed bringing the family name into disrepute. I feel sorry for Benchy Marshall.

Welcome aboard Luke I’m looking forward to seeing part 2 of your career!

Saw the interview on 9, very awkward questions thrown at Brooks. Brooks just looked bemused at some of the questions put to him on Sheens, how well do you think Benji will go, also talked a bit on the Tigers roster. Then finished up saying, playing alongside DCE will be a big weight of my shoulders, and it's not all on me now and how he's really looking forward to joining Manly.
Dce is 35 next year so Brooks will only
Play alongside Dce for two years max

Okay, Jake adds zero in attack - ZERO. He's a tackle machine. He's a fantastic leader & clubsman. I'd agree with you if we are comparing the two at prop, but we aren't, we are comparing the lock position. What other team in the NRL plays a lumbering offer nothing in attack player at lock? None !
I agree with you its crazy he is being played at lock rather than prop. I do suspect it's what has been asked of Jake that has developed him into a player with minimal go-forward. He is asked to play 80 minutes, be a link man in attack and make 50 tackles. I don't think anyone is capable of doing all of that and then being expected to bend the line every run-up.

This isn't directed at you Ryan. Just a general comment - He is basically one of the first-picked forward in the NSW Origin team and yet a lot of guys on here think he is worth 500-600k (which is basically just an average first-grade salary these days). An Origin and International forward gets paid 700k -1.2m these days.

We have a number of missing pieces. Whilst Brooks is great signing much more is required. We need a 13 with speed, we need a 9 with speed and two more tough front rowers that bend the line like Lodge does. We need the squad to be elite athlete fit and stop making stupid errors.

My mum is a Tigers tragic.

I enjoy watching the games with her more than anything.
100% mate! In these dire manly times I’ve really embraced watching the Knights with my ten year old who’s a tragic Newcastle fan! Been a lot of fun and good to share and engage in someone else’s passion.

I agree with you its crazy he is being played at lock rather than prop. I do suspect it's what has been asked of Jake that has developed him into a player with minimal go-forward. He is asked to play 80 minutes, be a link man in attack and make 50 tackles. I don't think anyone is capable of doing all of that and then being expected to bend the line every run-up.

This isn't directed at you Ryan. Just a general comment - He is basically one of the first-picked forward in the NSW Origin team and yet a lot of guys on here think he is worth 500-600k (which is basically just an average first-grade salary these days). An Origin and International forward gets paid 700k -1.2m these days.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy with him being paid a motza - as a prop.
We need a 9 playing 9.
We need a 13 playing 13.
We need a 1 playing 1.

Siebold needs to simplify imo. Get the right peeople in the right positions.

I love Froggy, don't get me wrong. But he's a 6,7 or even better - 14 now.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy with him being paid a motza - as a prop.
We need a 9 playing 9.
We need a 13 playing 13.
We need a 1 playing 1.

Siebold needs to simplify imo. Get the right peeople in the right positions.

I love Froggy, don't get me wrong. But he's a 6,7 or even better - 14 now.
Reckon Froggy would go good at 13

We have a number of missing pieces. Whilst Brooks is great signing much more is required. We need a 13 with speed, we need a 9 with speed and two more tough front rowers that bend the line like Lodge does. We need the squad to be elite athlete fit and stop making stupid errors.
I thought we already had a premiership side?

Elon Pensk said as much last year.

Luke Brooks is game changing acquisition. Now we just need Turbo to play most of the season, a few of our forwards to rediscover their best, and GCKT to step up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8