Is Jake still an 80min player?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
has to be. DCE only option. Before he had Tom, walker and faniu moving up along side him. No one supports the ball carrier atm
@Simonmyers11 you are spot on. It sh*ts me that we have no support player without Tom. I used to hate Baa Baa Lamb with a passion but he could sure back up a player and get the glory for their hard work.

Would be good to see him in a combo with Taupau this weekend like he has been with Klemmer in Origin. Sironen to play lock and Keppie to come on with Jake shifting back for a bit. Schuster maybe to play some lock too but feel he woukd have to ease in at 6 or 2row as he is young and not up to it with the big boys.

Jake is so over-rated. Getting paid way over the odds. Who else pays him 900k?

We all got sucked into the idea that the T brothers are such nice guys and the future of the club.
But emotions aside another poor bit of business by Manly.
At least with Jake you know he will give 100% effort each week and will bleed for the team.
Did you notice that he diffused a short kick knocking it over the dead ball line?
Don't ever say he is over-rated as a player or competitor.
It's not his fault that the club is paying him such a salary.

I can't help but wonder if it is something to do with how he is training. A couple of years ago he was making breaks and carrying defenders 15 metres with each hitup. Nowadays he passes the ball and stops dead at the line when he makes a hitup.

Jake has more value to the club than just as a player. IMO he is worth every cent. Not as effective the last few weeks like DCE, but I put it down to the fact that we have 3/4 of our spine missing and it is easy for opposition to figure out that either DCE or Jake handle the ball in our attack so they are getting nailed. When Walker/ Tom T and Fainu are there defense can't just concentrate on belting these two so it free's them up to attack more effectively.

Mate a KIA giving 100% is still only going to be as good as a KIA is ever going to be.
A BMW @ 80% is till winning hands down

This idea that a 100% effort and bleeder is commendable, but we used to call them a good "club man" in the old days and paid them accordingly, not someone getting BMW money @ 900k a year

Love the guy but he IS OVER-RATED and not worth the money.
If Tom is the Bmw (with a flat tyre),Jake is definitely no f@#$king Kia.He is more a reliable ,hard working reliable old school Land cruiser.
images.jpeg

( Which I would be happy to pay top dollar for ! )

I'm gonna disagree here.
A player is paid to play, that is where his value begins and ends.

I don't buy this crap about off field value.

(i wonder what y'all gonna think when he asks for a release to join Barrett at the Dogs?)
Thanks for your contribution Jimmy, I am glad you have nothing to do with any decisions at our club. Keep up the effort.

We all got sucked into the idea that the T brothers are such nice guys and the future of the club.
Origin player and without him the club has neither heart nor soul. Perhaps the reserve graders beside him are on bigger overs than Jake. And he can't help the way he's coached.
I agree with Woodsie that he can be better used but seriously, he's the last to be attacked.

Mate a KIA giving 100% is still only going to be as good as a KIA is ever going to be.
A BMW @ 80% is till winning hands down

This idea that a 100% effort and bleeder is commendable, but we used to call them a good "club man" in the old days and paid them accordingly, not someone getting BMW money @ 900k a year

Love the guy but he IS OVER-RATED and not worth the money.
I'm calling it: troll

Players get paid Market value.

Jake is on what he is on precisely because other clubs were willing to pay it.

We've lost a few games and you want to lay blame, I get it, but throwing it at Jakes feet is misguided IMO

I think joining a forum, making 80 posts in 6 days with 85%+ being negative certainly qualifies.

People can be annoyed with Manly's performances, but they've also praised the good times.

To say (paraphrasing) Jake is overpaid and is going to the dogs anyway is trolling at it's lamest.
Thank you, his stay was short but painful.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4