Is Jake still an 80min player?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Jake being Jake is still a great player ... and is playing himself to a stand still each week ...

But since the new rules ... even his most ardent fans must agree he has not been as dominant as we are used to ... perhaps his fitness will catch up to the greater demands ... or ...

Does he need to get a break ? ... I for one would rather see him play for 60 mins as the best player on the field .... rather than 80 mins as just one of the pack ....

Jake being Jake is still a great player ... and is playing himself to a stand still each week ...

But since the new rules ... even his most ardent fans must agree he has not been as dominant as we are used to ... perhaps his fitness will catch up to the greater demands ... or ...

Does he need to get a break ? ... I for one would rather see him play for 60 mins as the best player on the field .... rather than 80 mins as just one of the pack ....
Agree 100%, but it's a little scary to think about the extra points once he sits on that bench...the middle is already pretty soft and he is the glue, once Jake leaves the green, the floodgates could really open up, but agree with your post...just no able replacements imo.

I would like to see him swap with Siro during games , Siro is a decent ball player And Jake unfortunately is becoming a bit predictable .
I agree. Sirro would be a great roaming lock. I feel like jakes ball playing is better used sparingly. At the moment he is either used as first receiver link player or he just simply tucks it under his arm and takes a settler hit up when the play falls apart. I’d prefer to see him hitting the ball with pace and catching out defenders with his short balls every so often.

IMO Jake has a big motor and is an 80 minute player but like our team we dont get 80 minutes of quality play . They seem to go through the motions

My opinion is ... with the speed of the game now ... Jake can't make 40 good hard tackles ... take 15 hit ups .... and take the ball as first receiver 2/3 times every set ... without it having a negative impact on his effectiveness ...

He has a big motor ... but I would like to see him do less with the dominance we're used to ... than do more with the quality of just a regular punter ...

We either play him for 60 min ... or change how we use him for mine ...

i was watching the highlights of the 2013 GF, Gifty out the back to a running DCE was so good. Jake to DCE is no where near that and all comes back to what you have been saying, Manly seem slow and flat footed. Get the forwards punching through the line and get Manly running onto the ball. Watching how DCE use to attack was crazy good, so much better structure to everything. He is so much better standing a little deeper and catching the ball on the run. He show show the ball out in front more like he use to

Josh Jackson, with a sprinkle of James Graham/Aiden Tolman.

Des being the common denominator here....unfortunately.

Are you sure it is because of Des? Or is it just the absense of Tom?

There weren't any issues around this last year when we had all troops on deck.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6