Is it any wonder......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

madmax

Bencher
Is it any wonder that rumors persist about Taupau & Walker wanting out of Manly with the s$%t being served up by the team as a whole? The little ray of hope given with the wins over the Broncos & Storm & even the loss to the Roosters has well & truly been wiped away the past 2 weeks & the dark clouds are back! As much as I love the Sea Eagles i've just about jumped ship to the 'Sack Barrett" contingent. I can't bear listening to the post match press conferences & sit thru the dribble he comes out with. His excuses, to say the least, are p%&s poor. I think it's about time he does what most on here agree should be done & NOT what he thinks should be done. Rather than refusing to blood players, who are probably jumping out of their skin to get a crack at 1st Grade, you'd think he would embrace the idea, especially now that the top 8 looks a forlorn hope. He really needs to get his head out of his a%se & do something.

Who are all these players we are going to blood ?? We are only allowed to use players from the top 30 squad, and apart from Funa I believe all 30 have been given a crack already (apart from Mr Plod who is living it large on a world tour #thanksbozo)

Unless we get some sort of dispensation from the NRL then there isn't a lot of joy there, what you see is what we have to work with for the rest of the year I'm afraid. Apart from Funa, The Great Wright Hope, and Hastings, who hasn't been given a decent crack already ??

Yes I know what you're saying Chip............Tom Wright was given 6 bloody minutes in the one game Barrett selected him for & Funa has not seen 1st Grade. Hastings has also seen little 1st Grade in reality. I'm just saying it's a situation that could have been avoided had Barrett & whoever else thought things thru a little better instead of relying on 'plodders'!!! I'll go as far as to say Ferris & Cartwright have done very little to add anything worthwhile to this squad. I'm hoping things change next year & we bring up a few players that can do something in 1st Grade.

In reality only Funa hasn’t had a crack AND there’s hardly a wealth of juniors sitting below the current favourites not getting a run.

The simple fact is through,

Bad Cap management
Cap reductions by NRL
A massive change in personnel each and every year for 3 years
Injuries ( long term) seeing players paid but not even turning up.
Injuries ( short term), which can be season ending as well.

We have literally struggled to put a team on the paddock each week AND this even stretches back 3 years.

We’ve had ZERO consistency in the player roster for years.

The teams doing well this year all have one common trait, very very few players outside their best 17 used!!

Is it just me or does this side have striking resemblance,performance wise,to the Titans a few years ago?One or two brilliant games between games that are insipid and lacking heart.I wonder how that has happened?
Agreed and what is the common denominator in the Titans back then and Manly now?

Yep, Cartwright and Ferris !!!

I've been comparing the performances of Manly with the Titans from back then ever since that first year when Cartwright became a part of our coaching team. He needs to go and somebody who has played for and has the heart and passion for Manly and the Manly culture of old brought back in to replace him. Ferris needs to go too and Donny Singe brought back into the fold.

Is it any wonder that rumors persist about Taupau & Walker wanting out of Manly with the s$%t being served up by the team as a whole? The little ray of hope given with the wins over the Broncos & Storm & even the loss to the Roosters has well & truly been wiped away the past 2 weeks & the dark clouds are back! As much as I love the Sea Eagles i've just about jumped ship to the 'Sack Barrett" contingent. I can't bear listening to the post match press conferences & sit thru the dribble he comes out with. His excuses, to say the least, are p%&s poor. I think it's about time he does what most on here agree should be done & NOT what he thinks should be done. Rather than refusing to blood players, who are probably jumping out of their skin to get a crack at 1st Grade, you'd think he would embrace the idea, especially now that the top 8 looks a forlorn hope. He really needs to get his head out of his a%se & do something.
Exactly i agree 100%.
Blood some juniors especially Tom Wright

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8