Is centre the new dud position?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Quality players can excel in a number of positions.
After tonight, some may be wondering whether Manly should be playing Tom at centre (especially with his hammies).
But the value of playing Tom at fullback is not so much his excellent last line of defence but his ability to organise the troops.

Maybe it's not the centre position itself but more the quality of the players playing centre that is the issue. In years gone by a lot of our star fullbacks would've been playing centre. These days a centre that shows a high level of talent/ability inevitably gets moved to fullback.

Maybe it's not the centre position itself but more the quality of the players playing centre that is the issue. In years gone by a lot of our star fullbacks would've been playing centre. These days a centre that shows a high level of talent/ability inevitably gets moved to fullback.
...and it is probably more a comment on the dearth of quality NRL players that many centres are ordinary...

last night, and the roosters back-to-back premierships, showed what quality centres do for a side...

Here is a short list of centres that have been moved to 5/8 or fullback. Sure I've missed some but it's a fair list.
Daley
Fittler
Girdler
Lyon
Inglis
Walker
Mitchell
Wighton
Staggs(apparently playing 5/8 next year)

Exactly, certain skills are required to play fullback, wing & 5/8.
As those skills may be in short supply, you will find yourself playing there (even though you may be a better centre).

Conversely, as someone said earlier, if you can handle fullback (even though you may be a better centre) you opt for fullback dollars (Latrell).

Yeas this is more the point I'm making.

Talented players are getting moved to other positions to have a greater impact on their teams.

Not doubt you put a star at centre they can be a star but it seems these days anyone who begins to star at centre gets moved to fullback or 5/8

A couple of centres out there for NSW tonight probably disagree with the premise
Origin is played a completely different way to your week in week out club games,which make centres more active.Block plays are useless,as evidenced by QLDs efforts last night

Here is a short list of centres that have been moved to 5/8 or fullback. Sure I've missed some but it's a fair list.
Daley
Fittler
Girdler
Lyon
Inglis
Walker
Mitchell
Wighton
Staggs(apparently playing 5/8 next year)
You can add Matt Burton who is surely going to play 5/8 at the Dogs though he is killing it at Centre

Is there an opportunity for a progressive coach to move towards position, and positional role, deconstruction? I mean, is the near future a bunch of very talented guys playing more ad lib and free-floating in a positional sense? Can we identify areas of the game where structure is an absolute necessity and then give certain key players (like Turbo) a license to play freely outside of these areas? Perhaps SOO is giving us a glimpse of creative possibilities for the future?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10