Is Axing Saab the answer ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Most young players get their chance through a first grader getting injured, nothing new or wrong with that.
He's tried quite a few. For all I know he's sent them back to reserves to work on some aspect which Des saw but I didn't. I don't know. Was simply making the point though, he does blood players.
As to his overall approach, he's not a coach who shuffles the deck chairs just to see what happens. I think he wants the team to work on team improvements, and of course teamwork takes a hit anytime there's a change.
Unlike others here I'm not yet convinced his selection approach is wrong. He has gambled and lost though in roster management regarding signing a back up hooker and backup fullback - so far! But again, I'll withhold a final judgement for now.
Just an observation on these last few posts Ser8....Firstly I have always been a Des fan, but feel he is the Captain who will try fix the holes in the boat himself and go down with it, rather then listen to ANY outside advice, as you recently made a thread about thinking outside the square which was eye opening and in fact, should be looking at perhaps sneaking under the guard of some Top sides trainers and systems, as we have dropped behind and the footy on the field speaks louder than words....he was a proven Champion coach in his last stint at Manly, but his record dwindled since that time at the Dogs and Manly have unfortunately not looked super coordinated or full of energy since his return and to be blatently honest, the Manly team have fallen even further off the pace since the 6 again rule changes.
Many factors of key injuries and outs, but I am judging the performances based on players who are on the field, playing to their capabilities and I feel they have looked way short of this area most games.
As you stated, there is not only truth but fact, in the claim most youngsters debut's come from opportunities (injuries, SOO - ect), but when it is a freakish talent a cut above, these youngsters can actually PUSH their way in on simply being (the better option) than the more experienced NRL player.
Personally don't like the idea of a kid with a great youtube highlight reel being thrust into a battling side as a saviour, but there are many variables.
I think Schuster fits into this category and young Hoppa, who is no great example, as was coming off a serious 2 year injury and won't find himself properly imo, till 2022...but was still as good as our other outside backs I seen on the field last season, just didn't set the world on fire, so was well worth the shot NZ were prepared to give him 2 weeks before he got his Manly debut.
Is the youngster Koula worth a look - well being too young is not a crime if you are good enough, but in this case I personally feel he needs a bit more size,but not far off a shot on the wing....and as stated above, only should get a run if it's a good thing will do better than the blokes in the top grade and as we all agree speed is key, but you don't run around the team like U11's at this level and need to cope with playing through the opposition copping shots, which is a big call - though has huge talent.
Players I do feel are lucky to still be given a green light include Croker, Parker, Garrick, Goz and think Guoc should have been selected from game 2 and Sipley offers more power through the line apart from Paseka, also Saddler could add more mongrel.
I think Walker is FAR more effective as centre and would bring in Harper or The Blacktown FB.
As for the 9, well you are spot on, though I have my own reasons for thinking Fainu will be back in 2021...the backup plan has been a debacle, no doubt the key to where the rot starts....anyways there's my take for good and bad...now get on Manly to lead at HT over Penrith and thank me later....

Just an observation on these last few posts Ser8....Firstly I have always been a Des fan, but feel he is the Captain who will try fix the holes in the boat himself and go down with it, rather then listen to ANY outside advice, as you recently made a thread about thinking outside the square which was eye opening and in fact, should be looking at perhaps sneaking under the guard of some Top sides trainers and systems, as we have dropped behind and the footy on the field speaks louder than words....he was a proven Champion coach in his last stint at Manly, but his record dwindled since that time at the Dogs and Manly have unfortunately not looked super coordinated or full of energy since his return and to be blatently honest, the Manly team have fallen even further off the pace since the 6 again rule changes.
Many factors of key injuries and outs, but I am judging the performances based on players who are on the field, playing to their capabilities and I feel they have looked way short of this area most games.
As you stated, there is not only truth but fact, in the claim most youngsters debut's come from opportunities (injuries, SOO - ect), but when it is a freakish talent a cut above, these youngsters can actually PUSH their way in on simply being (the better option) than the more experienced NRL player.
Personally don't like the idea of a kid with a great youtube highlight reel being thrust into a battling side as a saviour, but there are many variables.
I think Schuster fits into this category and young Hoppa, who is no great example, as was coming off a serious 2 year injury and won't find himself properly imo, till 2022...but was still as good as our other outside backs I seen on the field last season, just didn't set the world on fire, so was well worth the shot NZ were prepared to give him 2 weeks before he got his Manly debut.
Is the youngster Koula worth a look - well being too young is not a crime if you are good enough, but in this case I personally feel he needs a bit more size,but not far off a shot on the wing....and as stated above, only should get a run if it's a good thing will do better than the blokes in the top grade and as we all agree speed is key, but you don't run around the team like U11's at this level and need to cope with playing through the opposition copping shots, which is a big call - though has huge talent.
Players I do feel are lucky to still be given a green light include Croker, Parker, Garrick, Goz and think Guoc should have been selected from game 2 and Sipley offers more power through the line apart from Paseka, also Saddler could add more mongrel.
I think Walker is FAR more effective as centre and would bring in Harper or The Blacktown FB.
As for the 9, well you are spot on, though I have my own reasons for thinking Fainu will be back in 2021...the backup plan has been a debacle, no doubt the key to where the rot starts....anyways there's my take for good and bad...now get on Manly to lead at HT over Penrith and thank me later....
Hey Max.....FYI Koula is 95 kg & 183cm. Bigger than Paps, Laurie, Brimson & a few other fullbacks & much more faster. I think he could handle the fullback role without a problem. I’m not saying bring up everyone but when you have talented kids like Schuster & Koula & incumbents are terribly out of form then they deserve a shot. What makes youngsters from other clubs that are shining in the top grade any different to ours? Given an opportunity they could surprise as many others are proving in the top tier clubs. The Panthers have the youngest squad & are on top because they provided opportunities to these kids & now they’re shining!

Hey Max.....FYI Koula is 95 kg & 183cm. Bigger than Paps, Laurie, Brimson & a few other fullbacks & much more faster. I think he could handle the fullback role without a problem. I’m not saying bring up everyone but when you have talented kids like Schuster & Koula & incumbents are terribly out of form then they deserve a shot. What makes youngsters from other clubs that are shining in the top grade any different to ours? Given an opportunity they could surprise as many others are proving in the top tier clubs. The Panthers have the youngest squad & are on top because they provided opportunities to these kids & now they’re shining!
Get your point here and certainly no 100% right answer ...
I think Paps and Brimson for example are small but have that "raw power"....whereas what I have seen of Koula, seems to play a game pure based on his speed and just concerned he may not have the physical attributes of these other players, though as you rightly point out...very similar in size.
I also would be Super excited to see him burst through and streak away, turning half chances into points and entertainment we are currently lacking.
He has the ability to be a superstar and I personally think he is hot for 2022....in saying this, not opposed to him getting an opportunity if the trainers who work with him daily, feel he is physically ready to go.

Get your point here and certainly no 100% right answer ...
I think Paps and Brimson for example are small but have that "raw power"....whereas what I have seen of Koula, seems to play a game pure based on his speed and just concerned he may not have the physical attributes of these other players, though as you rightly point out...very similar in size.
I also would be Super excited to see him burst through and streak away, turning half chances into points and entertainment we are currently lacking.
He has the ability to be a superstar and I personally think he is hot for 2022....in saying this, not opposed to him getting an opportunity if the trainers who work with him daily, feel he is physically ready to go.

problem is when turbo is back will he get his shot? kid needs a shot before turbo is back at least a shot in workers Nsw cup to see him playing against bigger bodies

Yep but DCE is not, I think it’s time To see if he can offer our side something more and we need a 9, surely he is a better option there than Croker! Shoe, Cust and Foz can play in the halves, things aren’t working the way they are and We have to find a way forward with the Cattle we have.

Hey, at this stage I'd play Taupau there if it got us a win.

But lets be realistic....a bloke that persists with Parker and Croker in his side, is not going to make a seismic change like that.

Hey, at this stage I'd play Taupau there if it got us a win.

But lets be realistic....a bloke that persists with Parker and Croker in his side, is not going to make a seismic change like that.
well your right, but I hate 1/13, it ridiculous that there’s nothing happening, fuk It, let’s just roll the same **** out next week, it’s not working and its hard to see things turning around or improving anytime soon when we don‘t look at our options, we have many issue at the moment, one thats killing us is dummy half, how many more do we have to lose to see some changes? I’m pretty sure we need some seismic change, Des’s refusal to make change is killing any chance we have to find any improvement.

Saab hasnt done anything wrong so far . its not his fault the forwards are getting smashed , and our halves are suffering because of it.. Makes no sense at all.. hes actually been good under the high ball

We've been leaking points since last year, way before Saab came into the picture..but hey Des knows best.
What the hell.
Seems to be a run of captain hindsight posts this morning and lets be fair ive been labelled as a top shelf CH willyhead in the past so why not get involved.
Looks like Des did know best eah?

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4