Is Andrew johns a Tool?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
On the news tonight I can’t believe seeing Andrew say that he WILL play international footy for New Zealand in 2007.

Does anyone think that this is a good move?

The great Dally M did it so he thinks he should give it a go……….please, how long ago was that?

I don't think it was his idea, the Kiwi's asked him as part of centenary celebration's (I only half watched) didn't they. I would be interested in seeing how he went playing against the best opposition possible and I think that the only reason he would do it is to test himself.It would be like when former Union test players play in Barbarian games against their own country

In 1907, an All Golds team went to GB on a tour, with one Australian player, Dally M. To commemorate the 100 year anniversary, the tour will be replicated, with one Aussie player joining the Kiwis. It makes sense to send over a high profile player.

I like the idea, it shows off the tradition of international RL, a tradition which is all but denied, ironically by the most conservative of fans. I don't see the problem in Johns' action.

As I said I only heard a bit of it (kids) and thought he was going to play against Australia. But he will be retired from rep footy by then and wouldn't it be good to see him playing alongside players like Sonny Bill & Benji Marshall.

Oh...........so its a PR stunt. I must have got half the story as well then.

Fair enough I suppose.

thanks C_eagle

I think they are making a movie on Messenger's life and Joey has been asked to play DM. I haven't seen anything about him actually playing a real game.

Why not I reckon. Short career. He probably needs some variety to stay fresh & motivated

They had a quote on the news last night and Joey was saying how he would love to play with Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill etc if the opportunity arose

It would be good to watch

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4