Is Andrew johns a Tool?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by byso, Aug 18, 2005.

Share This Page

1. byso

By:bysoAug 18, 2005

Likes Given:
    On the news tonight I can’t believe seeing Andrew say that he WILL play international footy for New Zealand in 2007.

Does anyone think that this is a good move?

The great Dally M did it so he thinks he should give it a go……….please, how long ago was that?

2. Utility Player

By:Utility PlayerAug 18, 2005

Likes Given:
    I don't think it was his idea, the Kiwi's asked him as part of centenary celebration's (I only half watched) didn't they. I would be interested in seeing how he went playing against the best opposition possible and I think that the only reason he would do it is to test himself.It would be like when former Union test players play in Barbarian games against their own country

3. c_eagle

By:c_eagleAug 18, 2005

Likes Given:
    In 1907, an All Golds team went to GB on a tour, with one Australian player, Dally M. To commemorate the 100 year anniversary, the tour will be replicated, with one Aussie player joining the Kiwis. It makes sense to send over a high profile player.

I like the idea, it shows off the tradition of international RL, a tradition which is all but denied, ironically by the most conservative of fans. I don't see the problem in Johns' action.

4. Utility Player

By:Utility PlayerAug 18, 2005

Likes Given:
    As I said I only heard a bit of it (kids) and thought he was going to play against Australia. But he will be retired from rep footy by then and wouldn't it be good to see him playing alongside players like Sonny Bill & Benji Marshall.

5. byso

By:bysoAug 18, 2005

Likes Given:
    Oh...........so its a PR stunt. I must have got half the story as well then.

Fair enough I suppose.

thanks C_eagle

6. ManlyBacker

By:ManlyBackerAug 19, 2005
    Winging it
    Staff Member

Likes Given:
    I think they are making a movie on Messenger's life and Joey has been asked to play DM. I haven't seen anything about him actually playing a real game.

7. Ryan

By:RyanAug 19, 2005

Likes Given:
    Why not I reckon. Short career. He probably needs some variety to stay fresh & motivated

8. Kiwi Eagle

By:Kiwi EagleAug 19, 2005
    Staff Member 2018 Tipping Competitor

Likes Given:
    They had a quote on the news last night and Joey was saying how he would love to play with Benji Marshall and Sonny Bill etc if the opportunity arose

It would be good to watch

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice