Irate Sea Eagles legends lash out at Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
One thing that irks me about this affair is Greenturd being credited as a "genius".
It's not hard to thrown money at people when you have it. Just as Tinkler attracted Bennett, money equals power.

With Green Dogturd having been cashed up if he didn't deliver them a decent coach he'd look like a fool. IMO I also think plans to poach players from Manly was part of the deal with Hasler.

They could've seen this site on Saturday

Irate Sea Eagles fans lash out at Hasler
could've filled a few pages too

Presumably, Hasler is pocketing a finders fee for every Sea Eagles employee he convinces to jump ship.

the mauler said:
Wow. For Arko to come out and savage Des like that says it all IMO. Looks like Des has clinically calculated every move, not giving a s**t bout the club, players or fans.

Hang your head in shame Des. Your honour and credibility is shot.

Arko is possibly the most circumspect person you'd meet. I'm having difficulty thinking of when was the last time, if ever, he dumped on anybody like he has dumped on Des. He is as loyal as they come.

For Arko to say what he said about Des speaks volumes IMO.

I suspect the Bulldogs have maybe bought big future trouble in buying Des. It does seem his ego is now out of control. It seems Des' loyalty is now only a means to an end, and he'll turn on you the moment you no longer fit his plans, or the moment you challenge his total control. The players will eventually cotton on to this too.

It does put all the newspaper criticisms of the Board in a very different light.

swoop said:
The Who said:
One thing that irks me about this affair is Greenturd being credited as a "genius".
It's not hard to thrown money at people when you have it. Just as Tinkler attracted Bennett, money equals power.

With Green Dogturd having been cashed up if he didn't deliver them a decent coach he'd look like a fool. IMO I also think plans to poach players from Manly was part of the deal with Hasler.

He might be an OK CEO, but I think he's way overrated as the genius people think he is. It wasn't that long ago people thought Michael Searle was the brains who should be running the game.

Rex said:
the mauler said:
Wow. For Arko to come out and savage Des like that says it all IMO. Looks like Des has clinically calculated every move, not giving a s**t bout the club, players or fans.

Hang your head in shame Des. Your honour and credibility is shot.

Arko is possibly the most circumspect person you'd meet. I'm having difficulty thinking of when was the last time, if ever, he dumped on anybody like he has dumped on Des. He is as loyal as they come.

For Arko to say what he said about Des speaks volumes IMO.

I suspect the Bulldogs have maybe bought big future trouble in buying Des. It does seem his ego is now out of control. It seems Des' loyalty is now only a means to an end, and he'll turn on you the moment you no longer fit his plans, or the moment you challenge his total control. The players will eventually cotton on to this too.

It does put all the newspaper criticisms of the Board in a very different light.

Just a week ago, or even a few days ago, who would have thought that anyone would have written this...all we have seen is the board(s) blasted from pillar to post.

I for one always believed that "it takes two to tango"...both sides have questions to answer, however more is starting to come out now and what is coming out is showing Des in a very (very) bad light.

I'll never (ever) bag the crap out of him, he brought us back from the brink, got us playing in three premiership deciders, had us win two of them BUT all I'll say is that what I have heard (and now reading) is very dissapointing and is showing Des to be a very different person than we all thought (as a Manly Legend) that he was.

Arko is Manly to a tee, he'd be getting all sides of the story and would know far more than any of us on here....and for him to say what he said speaks volumes!!

I understand that when arko was in charge of Manly and Bullfrog Moore in charge at the dogs, they had a handshake agreement that they wouldn't poach each others' players. How times have changed.

swoop said:
I understand that when arko was in charge of Manly and Bullfrog Moore in charge at the dogs, they had a handshake agreement that they wouldn't poach each others' players. How times have changed.

Des has got a handshake agreement with Greenturd. Their agreement is for Des to poach players from manly. After everything that's come out today I can't see any players following Des.

If you go by what Choc said today,the group may enjoy working under Tooves more than Des. I guess time will tell.

the mauler said:
swoop said:

Des has got a handshake agreement with Greenturd. Their agreement is for Des to poach players from manly. After everything that's come out today I can't see any players following Des.

If you go by what Choc said today,the group may enjoy working under Tooves more than Des. I guess time will tell.

IMO I think once the dust has settled players won't be following Hasler. If some do, so be it.

So many people so quick to judge without knowing the facts. I will watch this unfold with great interest.

I can't believe the half-cocked speculation. Either someone is feeding all sorts of crap or some have no idea.

Right at the start, when Des signed, someone posted on here that many staff would go. Staff have been offers by a rival club and have chosen to sign. Des is being asked to explain himself - that will be interesting.

My question is there solid evidence that Des has done the wrong thing or are board members reading the crap on this forum?

Interesting that Arko seemed to back away from his earlier comments today and told the news that Des has said to him that he hadn't done anything underhand!!

Is it trial by Telegraph, disgruntled supporters, hearsay, passion or facts? How do we know that members of the boards aren't undermining Des and his staff? Sounds silly, but stranger things have happened!!

Des 'should have moved on'

ONE of the toughest players ever to pull on a Sea Eagles jumper says coach Des Hasler should have gone as soon as he announced he was joining the Bulldogs and endorsed Geoff Toovey as the right man to take over.

“Dessie has done a great job for the club but if he wants to move on, let him move,” former Manly hardman Terry Randall said.

“Maybe hard decisions have to be made when these things happen.”

Randall said if anyone can drag the team out of the crisis it has plunged into since the grand final victory it was Toovey, a passionate Manly man with a winning attitude.

more @ http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/des-should-have-moved-on/

I'm with you CW and having been in the odd dispute with people in my time, I know things tend to be pretty complex; 2 sides to the story is only the beginning.

I must say, however, that Arko weighing in so forcefully is pretty surprising. Whatever the case, it seems he is trying to end this as quickly as possible. As Igor says, Des has to go asap now. it was naive to think he could coach next season probably (I was one who thought it might work out).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4