Interesting/stinging comments from Jarrod Hargreaves in todays tele

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A mate of mine spoke to him just after he signed with the Roosters.
It was basically a financial situation similar to Hodko. He didn't have much of a choice in the reality of it.
For those who want to bag the young bloke, he seemed quite torn up about the whole thing, but that's the reality of professionalism. I'm sure if he wants/needs to leave the Roosters for any reason, Manly would be the first club he'd look at.

Ryan, thanks for that, to be honest, it seemed the article I wrote about seemed a veiled snipe at Des!! Usually there is always a mention of the former coach/club but the only mention was the comment that had a veiled shot st Dessie!!

I live in Wollongong and know the hate for Smith!! and I would never compare him to Des, the cap has hamstrung us for sure, we had to re-sign our pack on bigger dough and hargreaves didn't fit. Now, 2 years later our pack seems to have lost its momentum and the possibility of George Rose being the 1st interchange prop in 2011 at this stage doesn't create alot of positive spin.  :-[

I get the feeling that JWH is going to be one of those players who wont ever fill his true promise because he goes so hard that his career will be littered with too many injuries. Enormous potential in the guy no doubt and I do wish he was still with us but how many games did he play this year?

I was under the impression that Manly were not concerned if JWH left as they were very confident of signing Sam Burgess before he chose to link with Souths.

I can only comment on what I read, I thought it was a sly act by the editor to only put in that comment in the text. It clearly demonstrates that there was a perception of Des's style being a style of not thinking or trying anything.

You mate, you are reading too much into a comment and making it fit into your line you have been pushing all year

just my opinion

Kiwi has hit the nail on the head. Darren you might need some counselling for paranoia issues if you think his comments are anything to do with Manly or Des. If anyone's interested the quote is from a story on the daily tele site. Talk about a storm in a teacup... I guess this is what we have left to discuss now our team is finished!

I would probably like the bloke if he was in Manly colours, but every time I watch JWH play I get a little bit more of a dislike for him with some of his antics

Last night, 1 of the Panthers, Kingston I think it was, was wrapped up by 2 other blokes but still standing, and JWH came flying in and put a shoulder right into his knee

Darren, this is a line I would hate to read more as a fan of a club than what JWH has said. From Inglis in RLW speaking of going back to Melbourne

"It (Brisbane contract) is only 2 years, so hopefully I can get back down there"

If I was paying big, big money for a new recruit I would be hating reading that the bloke can't wait to get back to his previous club

very true Kiwi, far out!! Inglis could shove it in my opinion if he was with us!! I have only heard good things from ex players and the Hargraves comment felt to me like a veiled stab at Dessie, I was only trying to bring to everyone's attention on a possible reason why he left. I know that he was paid big dough as well. I'm hoping that kids like Higgins, Cunningham, Lussick, Jowett can come thru.

He's a big kid Kiwi, he's only 21, 187cm tall and nearly 100kg already, good size for a backrower,

Prop James Cunningham is 197cm and 102kg whilst Tasi who always looked bigger is 188cm and 104kg. Didn't realise Cunningham was so tall!

jwh is 21 years old and playing prop.playing prop at 21 aint easy as kiwi in particular has mentioned a few times when discussing forwards.he was good last night,plenty of purpose and aggression.who knows why he left,probably money and who can blame him with 3 rep props in front of him.we made a commercial decision-there was no conspiracy.

one thing i am sure of ,with our props fading away like puppydogs in the last 12 months,is that we will miss him.

as for disliking the way he plays-does steve matai come to mind.they play exactly the same way and steve is loved on here despite 10 weks on the sidelines for "overaggression".i suppose its natural,but still  misguided, to judge a player more harshly when he is not in the maroon and white.

I suppose its a balance thing too Susan. You can afford one player with overaggression but not too many more than that or you'll have too many players out too often.

Just like this year I suppose.....

unfortunately,whether rightly or wrongly, steves cards are marked.one more head shot incident and his career in Australia is over which is a big risk with a freshly penned 3 year contract.i wonder if there are provisions in the contract-i hope so.love him as a player but huge financial risk involved.

JWH is on a similar path unles he tones it down a little  but the cards havent been marked as yet.he has been lucky re suspensions to date.fine line because without his aggression he wouldnt be anywhere near as valuable.if h can maintain the  balance he will be great for the roosters in coming years(unfortunately!!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7