Interesting end of an era

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree Wee Jimmy ..... we danced wi tha Devil ..... and lived ta tell tha tale .....

Not only did Manly survive .... we came back to record 2 more Premierships ......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Eagles

Just looking at a couple of things that stand out. The beagles biggest winning streak was 2 games but they achieved that 5 times

And that North Sydney offered to buy Manly for 6 million a week after penn knocked back a 22 mill offer by Qatar. Only the bears would say, well obviuosly the Qatar bid failed due to it being too luccrative.

I agree Wee Jimmy ..... we danced wi tha Devil ..... and lived ta tell tha tale .....

Not only did Manly survive .... we came back to record 2 more Premierships ......
Hey Woodsie, is the poster 'dr nick' referring to you in this post from June17, 2002 in the bigfooty.com forum?:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/paul-kents-article-on-manly.38991/post-567178

The inaccurate Paul Kent article and the DT retraction/clarification follow up article were an interesting read.

I'll admit to being a Northern Eagles fan back in the day.....but I only followed them because of the Manly side of things. It was a painful time. Like all of us though I was more than happy when Norths (take your pick, Eagles or Bears) got kicked to the curb (figuratively speaking of course) and Manly were back where they belonged as a single club again.

2 premierships from 4 Grand Finals later and they definitely made the right choice.

70453900_10156480150387747_1952533033735159808_n.jpg

The Northern Eagles brief existence also highlights another great Manly chapter. Another Manly "up yours "
Manly was again in financial strife , were holders of a franchise , and there neighbours , the bumbling bears had been kicked to the kerb
The NRL had long adverstised grants to help support any such merger to help bring a peaceful balance to the overcrowding .6 - 8 mill was being offered.

While it had its issues the joint venture, player payments, Norths, it again saved us, courtesy of a NRL handout and within a few seasons we were back, debts settled, thankyou very much.

I know it wasn't that simple, but it was yet another time that Manly (cough cough ) Northern Eagles stuck it too the man

We suffered a heavy $$$$$$$ loss at the beginning of the war, we got one back.....

I just moved house recently and found my framed northern eagles Jersey signed by beaver,tooves, Lyon and the rest, and maybe I'm the only one, but I still dig the Jersey design.. Will def be mounted on the wall when Ive got time to get man cave sorted

I just moved house recently and found my framed northern eagles Jersey signed by beaver,tooves, Lyon and the rest, and maybe I'm the only one, but I still dig the Jersey design.. Will def be mounted on the wall when Ive got time to get man cave sorted

Part of history mate , I’d probably do the same.

But I only have a hat , and it’s consigned to the bottom of the milk crate under the 50 odd Manly ones.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8