Interesting end of an era

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
With Gallen retiring after Saturdays loss he was the last player in the NRL to have played against the Northern Eagles. Clearly no former Northern Eagles players left in NRL either. So can we now forget it ever happened ??

With Gallen retiring after Saturdays loss he was the last player in the NRL to have played against the Northern Eagles. Clearly no former Northern Eagles players left in NRL either. So can we now forget it ever happened ??
We can only wish , bugger me did he go that far back?

Believe it or not I have a cap from the very first game at Graham Park ( Gosford), yes I was there!

It’s in a milk crate with about 30 or 40 various caps I’ve bought over the years.

Never wear it but occasionally look at it and laugh.

It could've almost worked. If we played out of Brookie and Gosford. If Norths had nothing to do with it. And if we had kept our jersey and colours and were called the Northern Sea Eagles it may have had a chance.

Believe it or not I have a cap from the very first game at Graham Park ( Gosford), yes I was there!

It’s in a milk crate with about 30 or 40 various caps I’ve bought over the years.

Never wear it but occasionally look at it and laugh.
I had a NE thermos from Kmart. I was trying to come to terms with, and accept the whole NE deal. But I hated that thermos. Couldn't bring myself to use it even though I paid a whole $5 for it.:giggle:
I still cheered for the boys though.

If this Northern Eagles team that you're talking about had anything to do with North Sydney, then they'd be best forgotten

My son and I were interviewed by 9 TV at the Brookie main gates, entering for the Nthn Eagles v. WTI, which was the 1st game involving 2 merged teams.

Asked (on air) what we thought about the game? We responded that it was the only thing we could do to support the team, however we knew that Manly Sea Eagles would return.

That was the case, but not for Balmain and Wests!

Well the Northern Eagles never existed for me.

I have been a Manly Sea Eagles supporter since 1982, but when the Sea Eagles became the Northern Eagles that was the death of Manly to me and I never ever saw a single second of any game ever.

At the time it was easy to do because I lived in New York from 1999-2007.

NYEagle

I still supported them but it wasn't the same
I still have a jacket and Nick Kosef training shirt signed by the team and a stubby holder
But it was very hard to embrace
Was a great day when Manly rise above the debacle
You can thank news LTD for ruining the game , Manly fought hard to save the game in the end it forced the merge

You know you’re shelling out therapy costs for reminding us all don’t you?:tmi:

What’s a “Northern Eagle” ??
That's the name of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles team that the Administrators of the NRL forced upon us to play in the 2002 season. The only problem with that is that they don't include the Stats of that season's games in the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles History data.

We should never ignore our struggles for they are truely what we are. I loved the NE. Sure it wasnt pretty at times but we found a way. People like zorba and ian thommo held the place together. There shoestring front office. We are Manly because of this and i love our story , warts and all.

Remember we were counting our gate money on sundays to get money to travel to our next game. That was sime serious ****. Max eventually saved us but we were held together on SFA for some time.

There were essentially our "Houso years "

And boy did we assemble some triers and wowsers

It was the start for us all and the beer never tasted so good when Manly was finally back and raising the trophy

Dont hate,we rose from what others have not and The Northern Eagles, while painful at times just makes it all the sweeter.

Go the Beegs.

We should as fans have a northern eagles remembrence day , or similar, embrace our weird cousin i say

We should never ignore our struggles for they are truely what we are. I loved the NE. Sure it wasnt pretty at times but we found a way. People like zorba and ian thommo held the place together. There shoestring front office. We are Manly because of this and i love our story , warts and all.

I agree Wee Jimmy ..... we danced wi tha Devil ..... and lived ta tell tha tale .....

Not only did Manly survive .... we came back to record 2 more Premierships ......

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6