Interesting about lockies injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After agonising weeks and months of the Darren Lockyer lovefest dominating TV, his last NRL game has the possibility of being his worst if he's a turnstile.

Suggests the coach has no faith in the replacements or in the rest of the team to step up.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Announced this morning in Brisbane....he's playing!!

Just a diversion. Even if he does decide to play there is no way he would know until he has least trained with the team. Even running around might be difficult for him, and it would be some time until the swelling settles down, etc. Risk of infection? This circus will probably continue all week. Ruling him out early could affect ticket sales for one thing.

Apparently he texted a Brisbane media outlet and told them he will probably be playing at the stage. Still not a confirmation, but I wish it was.

Correct SER8, the press and Brisbane are going to try their best to disrupt Manly's preparation all week with this 'is he playing is he not playing' caper.

Shame for Lockie about the injury but thats the nature of such a tough game - and they'll do their best to play mind games this week.

Don't think Des will be falling for any such stuff and will prepare Manly well.

Brisbane are still are very formidable outfit if Lockyer doesn't play, and will lift in playing for him to get him into the Grand Final. Time to shut them down and say goodbye

Yes, that's a very good point SER8. Ticket sales won't be effected if everyone thinks he's playing.
Probably why we won't hear a peep from Gallop about any OH&S issues or the damaging image of Lockyer in a mask might portray to parents contemplating allowing their kids to play RL.

Bring it on - it'll be like a night out at a greek restaurant - a fun night smashing plates.

The fans might be a bit pissed off if they book flights to see his last game and he doesn't show.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Announced this morning in Brisbane....he's playing!!

I really dont think it makes any difference now because the damage is done.

Look at the possibilities

1. He play's = an unfit player takes the field

or

2. He doesnt play = a rookie 5/8

As I said the damage is already done. If they are good enough on the day they will win with or without him.

IMO, if he was definitely playing, the Broncos would be playing mind games and would be saying he was not likely to play. The fact the Broncos are saying he will play tells me he is in huge doubt and most likely won't play.

I am shocked that there has been no concern for Beale's knee, after Lockyer hit it so viciously with his face

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. I'd also be surprised if the injury restricts him all that much. He'll get a needle and it'll be all good, I can't see this type of injury keeping him out. He didn't have any problems completing the game and running the winning play on Saturday night when the injury was fresh, so why would this Friday be any different ? The only thing that would stop him was if his vision was affected in some manner.

I think we should assume he'll play, and I think we should assume that they will lift considerably on the back of the perceived inspiration that this will provide.

Chip and Chase said:
I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. I'd also be surprised if the injury restricts him all that much. He'll get a needle and it'll be all good

If he plays, he will be a passenger.

If he plays he will be a target - the red rag a bull runs at & comes out the other side. If he is out - who cares. A bit over this Lockyer hype - provided the Seaeagles boys turn up to play Broncos will lose either way.

Chip and Chase said:
I'd be surprised if he doesn't play. I'd also be surprised if the injury restricts him all that much. He'll get a needle and it'll be all good, I can't see this type of injury keeping him out. He didn't have any problems completing the game and running the winning play on Saturday night when the injury was fresh, so why would this Friday be any different ? The only thing that would stop him was if his vision was affected in some manner.

I think we should assume he'll play, and I think we should assume that they will lift considerably on the back of the perceived inspiration that this will provide.

He did. re-watch the game.

How much Locky hype was there the last time Manly played them? Heaps of it. Thaiday played that day. Brett, Hoppa and Foran didn't and we pushed them all the way. Barring injury or more suspensions, nothing will stop Manly this year. Manly will lift big time this week knowing that if they win they get Glenn and Darcy back for the GF.

He'd be stupid to play and risk some permanent injury.
He won’t be there next year so it’s a good test for the team now!
But the fans want to see him finish playing and not on the bench.
Either way should be a good win be the eagles! :)
(NRL and AFL double!)

He may not want to be tackled too often, but it is going to hurt him like nothing else to make tackles. So we just run the big men at him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6