Interesting about lockies injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The more they say he is playing, the more I believe he won't. Any club in the Broncos position would always publicly say anything but the truth. They would not be stupid enough to release facts giving Manly an insight as to whether he will play or not.

I think he will play and based on what Mark said, definitely! I also think it is a silly idea even though he is a tough player, he is not invincible!!!
Disruptive to their structure now!

Manly by 24

Canteen Worker said:
We are now waiting for some qualified Orthopaedic Surgeon to come out and say how dangerous it is for Lockyer to play and risk further injury. He then plays and not long after, win or loss he is beatified and golden statues are mounted all over the universe. Total farce.

What you waiting for Canteen?

Nathan Gibbs warns that Darren Lockyer could risk his eyesight by playing with a fractured cheekbone
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/nathan-gibbs-warns-that-darren-lockyer-could-risk-his-eyesight-by-playing-with-a-fractured-cheekbone/story-e6frfgbo-1226140506046

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Wouldn't be surprised to see the guy play f/b to be honest, there going to want to keep him out of the first line of defence and he can stil play as ball player in attack, so I wonder we'll see him move back to the position wear he started and if so how he'll cope under the high ball.

anthonyb1965 said:
I think he will play and based on what Mark said, definitely! I also think it is a silly idea even though he is a tough player, he is not invincible!!!
Disruptive to their structure now!

Manly by 24

I like your scoreline.

Obviously I can,t name names, but let me say that I was speaking today to someone deep inside the Bronco's camp, who knows I am a mad keen Manly fan and said straight up...."the operation was done first thing Sunday so that the swelling would be down by Friday, and based on that he WILL play....probably with special headgear"

As I said guaranteed

Why would someone deep in the Broncos camp divulge that to someone they know is a Manly fan. Smokescreen?

patorick2010 said:
Probably defend on the right wing.

Well, he is a Queeenslaander! Probably also signed up with the Mad Katters Tea Party (sorry all, too hard to resist).

He is one very tough player and I am sure he will be there Friday night. And he will play well. We will need to play better.

ManlyBacker said:
patorick2010 said:
Probably defend on the right wing.

Well, he is a Queeenslaander! Probably also signed up with the Mad Katters Tea Party (sorry all, too hard to resist).

He is one very tough player and I am sure he will be there Friday night. And he will play well. We will need to play better.

I agree, let him play, train to the fact that he will be a perfect player....then let people like Thaiday and Hannett come out of their line to save him from a tackle and have a nice little hole open for Stewey, Hoppa, Williams or Bhurer.

Hodges should just disappear. He's the dirtiest grub in the game and should be suspended for what he did.

If he plays the problem won't so much be getting tackled, but making tackles. Imagine Crouching and putting his head to the side of a player's hip and driving in with his shoulder. He'd have to be a bit gun shy.

You can legitimately palm a defender off with your hand to their face right? As in a don't argue?

Seems greedy to me. the guys won like 10 origin series and 4 grand finals. Has ownership in lucrative businesses. Earns more than the prime minister of the country.

One flick and he may be throwing it all away.

Shoe1 said:
If he plays the problem won't so much be getting tackled, but making tackles. Imagine Crouching and putting his head to the side of a player's hip and driving in with his shoulder. He'd have to be a bit gun shy.

You can legitimately palm a defender off with your hand to their face right? As in a don't argue?

That don't argue could be part of rob lui's defense lol

question? where is the nrl re workplace health and safety and duty of care towards an injured player, if he gets more damage and blinded will work place health and safety take action on mr gallop and the nrl. you can bet on it , i respect what he has done and would not like him to go out in humiliation as langlands did, come on nrl show some guts and take the correct action before it is too late
go the eagles you good things 2011 is our year again

It certainly is an interesting issue. If he was playing for fun I'd agree with Des and Griffin (?) it is his own choice, but seeing as he is a contracted worker the decision (and legal responsibility/liability) would be his employers.

Or is he like a subbie that has no rights and all responsibility . .?

All the players are insured so it'd be intresting to see what the insurance companys view on Lockyer playing is.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Trust me when I say he'll be playing....he knows that it's potentially his last ever game and regardless he won't miss it. he's been told he can do no more damage so they just have to manage the pain for him...he'll be there NO RISK!!

Trust no-one..... Bones knows.

A long distance flight in a helo has got to hurt an injury like the one he sustained. He'd want to have been on serious painkillers for that jaunt. Two days after surgery and it must really be hurting by now. I've spent a reasonable amount of time flying in helos during thirty years in the Navy, and the enduring impression one has is, apart from the noise, is the way the cabs (airframes) vibrate. And I never flew 500 odd miles (basically in one hit) in one like he just did, with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone!

He's a brave guy and a truly great footballer, but he has done enough. No one will think less of him for pulling out. And if they do win, he might be available for the GF - which is no doubt what they are hoping for.

But I don't think that scenario is likely!

Well now we all know he is out. But, my thoughts were if you can't even fly in an airplane, how are you gonna get through a game of rugby league?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6