innovative positional changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
Understandably, many fans are focussed on remaining two spots on our register and other changes.

I'm more interested in innovative positional changes from Des, something he is known for.

For example:

1. Jake to front-row (not a huge change)

2. Tanginoa to edge backrower (could wreak havoc out wide)

3. Jorge to number 14 utility to provide bench impact / cover backline injuries

4. Winterstein to prop - he's big enough and could offer something different in middle.

5. Sironen at 6. Elgey on bench to replace him.

Any other crazy ideas?

Understandably, many fans are focussed on remaining two spots on our register and other changes.

I'm more interested in innovative positional changes from Des, something he is known for.

For example:

4. Winterstein to prop - he's big enough and could offer something different in middle.

Any other crazy ideas?

I hope you’re wrong on all accounts.

I reckon Jake could play on the right edge like Glenn Stewart. Great pass on him and very creative. Would excel with an extra half a second to ball play and the perfect link between DCE & Walker, with Turbo providing an option out the back.

For example:

Any other crazy ideas?
I see some merit there mate . I admire people that think out side the square . It sure beats predictability .
I would like to see Tom Turbo doing damage at Centre with young Albert cutting loose at fullback .

Believe the first two options should be tested out at least, Jake Trbojevic Prop, Kelepi Tanginoa Second-Row (like a Frizell type). Or vise versa, Jake holding an edge, Kelepi holding the middle. Just think Trbo's gone stale at lock, too predictable and can't utilise his strengths that could make him worth the 750K he's on a year.

Options to replace the him there: Taupau (not too shocking), Kelepi Tanginoa, Joel Thompson (for varieties sake), Curtis Sironen

Plenty to work with. Good thread, after thinking about it again made a mini yart as always. imo forwards would probably be best for rd 1 like this, then test from there if an option with more potential is identified.

8: Kelepi Tanginoa

10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Martin Taupau

15. Taniela Paseka (subbing at prop)
16. Addin Fonua-Blake (subbing at prop)
17. Corey Waddell (subbing at lock)

Also Joel Thompson to Centre is a surprising option we could have, though desperate

Always like thinking outside the square

But

Sironen is a canny footballer but can’t kick which is important as our hooker can’t kick either

Winterstein is almost 32 and hasn’t cut it yet at any code or any position. Why would he start now in the toughest position on the paddock.? Blacktown

Jorge can’t pass so only really covers wing in the backline and fading in and out of games like he can isn’t exactly a trait you want in a power forward reserve. Still like him as a winger though given our other ordinary options if he can get an injury free season under his belt.

Last edited:
Plugging Edwards into my YARTS !

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Kenny Edwards

The gaps are the main concerns.

Plugging Edwards into my YARTS !

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
04. Dylan Walker
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Kenny Edwards

The gaps are the main concerns.
I look at the gaps as opportunities for our young players under Des .
Interesting times ahead my friend @Ryan

Definitely Albert Hoppa at full back and Tom T t centre by end of 2019. Anderson given a chance by seasons end at wing. No way Sironen at 5/8 but good runner out wide for the forwards in the Menzies style

I think we have had enough already without creating more.

Barrett at coach,
Ferris at head conditioner.
Perrett, Parker. J & M Wright and Frank in the 30.
Tom at FB.
etc.

This is for out there idea's where ppl don't throw tomato's..... right ??

I reckon Tom T could easily...in time with added patience to his game...be a Massive threat at 5/8.
Fainu could easily develope into a half.
Taufua into an impact edge running backrower (well 2 years ago) - after Beaver gave him 3 months tackling practice....
DCE would be a great dummy half
Kapow an edge running backrower at iscolated halves (particularly near the try line) - but is now a Top middle forward admittedly

Not sure what individual players will be benifit most but certain the culture will.

For us to succeed the whole top 30 playing squad must understand their position and role in the club

There will be times when players will feel hard done by in playing reserves after coming up and filling in and other times when they may be asked to play out of position.

All busting their ass to play ones but knowing they all can’t every week

Injuries & rep footy will place disruptions and you may play 70% of the season in reserves waiting for the one game you are needed

Plenty of success stories of bringing players up for one or two games with MOM performances and then being back to the lower grade

These unselfish champions often go unrecognised and a large part of every successful era a club has

The teams and players who understand this, and that the club needs everyone in all grades to play their part in making the club strong enough for a first grade premiership will have success.

Takes a coach and coaching staff who knows and demands this environment and a playing group that are passionate about the club & can influence others.

We will need to work as a team , a squad and a club and that I reckon this is what Hasler can bring

Dare I say about des innovative changes

Card nights at jakes anyone ?
Snake to attend training sessions with Tom?
Ferry ride across to circular quay for team dinner at choc’s?

For example:

Any other crazy ideas?
How about these apples
Tom Trbojevic
Reuben Garrick
Dylan Walker
Moses Suli
Brendan Elliot
Kane Elgey
Daly Cherry Evans
Addin Fonua Blake
Apisai Koroisau
Jake Trbojevic