Injury list atm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
*and unavailables

1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Suli
7.Cust
8.Boyle
9.Fainu
10.Olaku'atu
11.Davey
12.Gosie
13.Sironen

I mean some played tonight and some back next week.....but deary me we seem to cop it every year

I was just going through the 'Casualty Ward' webpage on the NRL website and I was amazed at the amount of players out through leg injuries for 15 of the 16 NRL Teams. Only the Penrith Panthers escape the list of leg related injuries.

Here is a summary list of leg injuries for all teams barring the Panthers:

The Casualty Ward

Brisbane Broncos
  • Kotoni Staggs - (knee, mid-season)
Canberra Raiders
  • Josh Hodgson - (hip, TBA)
Canterbury Bulldogs
  • Jake Averillo - (ankle, round 5)
  • Jeremy Marshall-King - (foot, round 10-12)
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner - (foot, round 18-22)
  • Jayden Okunbor - (knee, round 20)
  • Christian Crichton - (knee, season)
Cronulla Sharks
  • Ronaldo Mulitalo - (knee, round 5)
  • Royce Hunt - (knee, round 7)
  • Shaun Johnson - (Achilles, round 7-8)
  • Sione Katoa - (knee, round 8-10)
  • Jackson Ferris - (foot, round 10)
Gold Coast Titans
  • Jamal Fogarty - (quad, round 5)
  • Anthony Don - (hip, TBC)
Manly Sea Eagles
  • Jack Gosiewski - (ankle, TBA)
  • Dylan Walker - (hamstring, TBA)
  • Tom Trbojevic - (hamstring, round 6)
  • Jorge Taufua - (Achilles, round 6)
  • Curtis Sironen - (knee, round 6-8)
  • Karl Lawton - (Achilles, round 11-12)
  • Andrew Davey - (knee, season)
Melbourne Storm
  • Brenko Lee - (hamstring, round 5)
  • Harry Grant - (knee, round 5-6)
  • Dale Finucane - (calf, round 6)
  • Jack Howarth - (hamstring, round 6-7)
  • Cooper Johns - (hamstring, round 6-7)
  • Max King - (Achilles, round 8-10)
Newcastle Knights
  • Edrick Lee - (foot, round 6)
  • Tex Hoy - (hamstring, round 7-8)
  • Phoenix Crossland - (knee, round 8)
  • Bailey Hodgson - (knee, round 9)
  • Dom Young - (knee, indefinite)
  • Jirah Momoisea - (Achilles, indefinite)
North Queensland Cowboys
  • Tom Gilbert - (broken fibula, round 5)
  • Mitch Dunn - (foot, round 6)
Parramatta Eels
  • Michael Oldfield - (knee, rounds 6)
  • Waqa Blake - (calf, round 6)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Taane Milne - (knee, rounds 6)
  • Blake Taaffe - (ankle, round 8)
  • Braidon Burns - (knee, round 8-9)
  • Brock Gardner - (Achilles, indefinite)
St George Illawarra Dragons
  • Jayden Sullivan - (hamstring, round 5)
  • Ben Hunt - (leg, round 8)
  • Cameron McInnes - (knee, season)
Sydney Roosters
  • Lindsay Collins - (ankle/head knock, round 6)
  • Sam Verrills - (knee, round 8-10)
  • Lachlan Lam - (knee, round 9)
  • uke Keary - (knee, season)
Warriors
  • Addin Fonua-Blake - (knee, round 19-20)
  • Peta Hiku - (knee, round 7)
  • Euan Aitken - (ankle, round 9-11)
  • Chanel Harris-Tavita - (foot, round 13-14)
Wests Tigers
  • Billy Walters - (knee, round 6-7)

I was just going through the 'Casualty Ward' webpage on the NRL website and I was amazed at the amount of players out through leg injuries for 15 of the 16 NRL Teams. Only the Penrith Panthers escape the list of leg related injuries.

Here is a summary list of leg injuries for all teams barring the Panthers:

The Casualty Ward

Brisbane Broncos
  • Kotoni Staggs - (knee, mid-season)
Canberra Raiders
  • Josh Hodgson - (hip, TBA)
Canterbury Bulldogs
  • Jake Averillo - (ankle, round 5)
  • Jeremy Marshall-King - (foot, round 10-12)
  • Raymond Faitala-Mariner - (foot, round 18-22)
  • Jayden Okunbor - (knee, round 20)
  • Christian Crichton - (knee, season)
Cronulla Sharks
  • Ronaldo Mulitalo - (knee, round 5)
  • Royce Hunt - (knee, round 7)
  • Shaun Johnson - (Achilles, round 7-8)
  • Sione Katoa - (knee, round 8-10)
  • Jackson Ferris - (foot, round 10)
Gold Coast Titans
  • Jamal Fogarty - (quad, round 5)
  • Anthony Don - (hip, TBC)
Manly Sea Eagles
Melbourne Storm
  • Brenko Lee - (hamstring, round 5)
  • Harry Grant - (knee, round 5-6)
  • Dale Finucane - (calf, round 6)
  • Jack Howarth - (hamstring, round 6-7)
  • Cooper Johns - (hamstring, round 6-7)
  • Max King - (Achilles, round 8-10)
Newcastle Knights
  • Edrick Lee - (foot, round 6)
  • Tex Hoy - (hamstring, round 7-8)
  • Phoenix Crossland - (knee, round 8)
  • Bailey Hodgson - (knee, round 9)
  • Dom Young - (knee, indefinite)
  • Jirah Momoisea - (Achilles, indefinite)
North Queensland Cowboys
  • Tom Gilbert - (broken fibula, round 5)
  • Mitch Dunn - (foot, round 6)
Parramatta Eels
  • Michael Oldfield - (knee, rounds 6)
  • Waqa Blake - (calf, round 6)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Taane Milne - (knee, rounds 6)
  • Blake Taaffe - (ankle, round 8)
  • Braidon Burns - (knee, round 8-9)
  • Brock Gardner - (Achilles, indefinite)
St George Illawarra Dragons
  • Jayden Sullivan - (hamstring, round 5)
  • Ben Hunt - (leg, round 8)
  • Cameron McInnes - (knee, season)
Sydney Roosters
  • Lindsay Collins - (ankle/head knock, round 6)
  • Sam Verrills - (knee, round 8-10)
  • Lachlan Lam - (knee, round 9)
  • uke Keary - (knee, season)
Warriors
  • Addin Fonua-Blake - (knee, round 19-20)
  • Peta Hiku - (knee, round 7)
  • Euan Aitken - (ankle, round 9-11)
  • Chanel Harris-Tavita - (foot, round 13-14)
Wests Tigers
  • Billy Walters - (knee, round 6-7)

Totals:
  • 22 x Knee
  • 7 x Hamstring
  • 6 x Achilles
  • 6 x Foot
  • 5 x Ankle
  • 2 x Calf
  • 2 x Hip
  • 3 x Other (Quad, Broken Fibula, Un-Named Leg Injury)

My theory on why there are so many injuries, compared to yesteryear, is this:
Tacklers these days are intent on hurting their opponent, not simply bringing them to the ground. They go high to wrap up the ball, so collisions are greater. And there is much more gang tackling these days. Have you noticed the number of head clashes this year?
When I was playing my aim was to tackle around the legs and allow the momentum of my opponent to do the rest, toppling over like a tree without its roots. The great exponents of this technique included Ima Martian, Alan Thompson and Beaver Menzies.
There will always be leg injures (knees, ankles hammies, groin strains) because at pace these limbs are not created to be suddenly stopped or twisted.
I also believe that being muscle-bound, rather than lithe, leads to more impact injuries.

Tacklers these days are intent on hurting their opponent, not simply bringing them to the ground. They go high to wrap up the ball, so collisions are greater. And there is much more gang tackling these days. Have you noticed the number of head clashes this year?
When I was playing my aim was to tackle around the legs and allow the momentum of my opponent to do the rest, toppling over like a tree without its roots. The great exponents of this technique included Ima Martian, Alan Thompson and Beaver Menzies.
There will always be leg injures (knees, ankles hammies, groin strains) because at pace these limbs are not created to be suddenly stopped or twisted.
I also believe that being muscle-bound, rather than lithe, leads to more impact injuries.
Be interesting to compare the N R L "s injury type or level against the English Super league injury stats . Still quite a reasonable standard of footy there but generally a much more attacking orientated style of play and usually not the same intensity in defence . Maybe their injury stats are not that dissimilar to the N R L but would tend to think not as serious in severity or of a higher incidence level . Lot of twisting and turning in N R L tackles , unfortunately must put a lot of extra strain on leg areas in particular . As for the muscle bound suggestion , probably not a big factor when some of the gang tackles are occurring and of course the perennial luck factor and guys like Beaver and no doubt some others who were or are almost impervious to serious injury .

Mitchell P1ss is missing from the Nots list.

They've copped it pretty badly this year too.

I still think we have the gold medal though. As Disco pointed out. A whole team virtually. And 6 may be vacant but I'm pretty sure Foz's knee is farked. He's just battling on. So pencil him in.

Totally agree with this, and I have always thought similar, I saw with some of the older games with Tommy Raudonikis recently, there were less in tackles, more of the one or two players on one attacker, and of course none of all the other modern tackling techniques added, which has seen modern players suffer injuries they didnt as much before with all the twisting, heavier bodies etc I thought a possible change in tackling rules, such as one or maximum two defenders in tackles, (one below, one above) easier on the attackers being only two, not a gang, less friendly fire with the defence with stray elbows on team mates, may add to the game overall as attackers have a greater chance of busting the tackle, less head clashes as well as its not an over crowded situation, it would all lead to a more potentially open game but hopefully less injuries associated with tackling overall, too many in tackles makes it too hard for the classic Beaver tackle also, worth a consideration.

Totally agree with this, and I have always thought similar, I saw with some of the older games with Tommy Raudonikis recently, there were less in tackles, more of the one or two players on one attacker, and of course none of all the other modern tackling techniques added, which has seen modern players suffer injuries they didnt as much before with all the twisting, heavier bodies etc I thought a possible change in tackling rules, such as one or maximum two defenders in tackles, (one below, one above) easier on the attackers being only two, not a gang, less friendly fire with the defence with stray elbows on team mates, may add to the game overall as attackers have a greater chance of busting the tackle, less head clashes as well as its not an over crowded situation, it would all lead to a more potentially open game but hopefully less injuries associated with tackling overall, too many in tackles makes it too hard for the classic Beaver tackle also, worth a consideration.
For this to work you would need less interchanges to keep it interesting.

Knees, hammies and ankle injuries have been around forever.

The amount of workload has changed, however with increased speed in the game and more demanding coaching KPI's.

Accordingly, you are going to see more injuries.

HIA's are now a different stat. as they weren't worried about before, or even counted? They are occurring through accidental head clashes (speed of the game) and poor tackling techniques.

How many HIA's do you see where the defender puts his head/neck in front if the ball carrier's hip. Too high or too low!

Again, high tackles give not only head clashes but friendly fire from loose arms and elbows from team mates, all scrambling to stop the offload.

The speed of the game has been discussed before, however it is up to the coaches and defensive assistants to train players in safety.

Here's a list of current Head Knock/Concussion injuies:

The Casualty Ward

Canberra Raiders

• Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (Head Knock)
Canterbury Bulldogs
  • Lachlan Lewis (Head Knock, round 6)
Cronulla Sharks
  • Wade Graham (Head Knock, TBC)
  • Josh Dugan (Head Knock, TBC)
Gold Coast Titans
  • Phillip Sami (Head Knock, TBC)
Newcastle Knights
  • Kurt Mann (Head Knock, round 6)
North Queensland Cowboys
  • Murray Taulagi (Head Knock, round 5-6)
  • Reuben Cotter (Head Knock, round 5-6)
  • Justin O'Neill (Head Knock, round 6)
Parramatta Eels
  • Ryan Matterson (Concussion, round 6)
South Sydney Rabbitohs
  • Jaxson Paulo (Head Knock, round 5)
  • Liam Knight (Concussion, indefinite)
Sydney Roosters
  • Boyd Cordner (Concussion, indefinite)
  • Jake Friend (Head Knock/Concussion, retired)

Total:
  • 14 x Head Knock/Concussion

Thank you Craig Bellamy !!

Agree , the aim is to maim!

They can deny it all they like but it’s a fact !!

Manly Sea Eagles

Add Boyle to that list and our injury toll is a blessing in disguise.
AFB moving on is as well.

Walker filling in for Tom and Suli (as usual) have been horrible and have played a fair part toward our dismal performances...and i'm really over Walker for MANY reasons.

Tom back af FB next week. Winner

Harper will deservedly hold Suli's spot, and I wish Funa would partner him in his best position.. Winner

Sipley gets a run because AFB is gone. Winner

Guacamole to replace Jack from next week. Winner

Hopefully Saddler gets a shot because of Sirro's injury. Winner

Lawton would have been cheap because of his injury and will be useful when he is healed. Winner

Davey is a loss...but helps allow Saddler a crack. 50/50

Cust is not on the list and should be back next week.

My team next week because of our injuries.

Tent
Cust
Aoli
Gauc
Jake
Shoe

DCE
Foz
Saab
Harper
Funa
Garrick
Tom

Koula
Marty
Sipley
Saddler

Manly Sea Eagles

Add Boyle to that list and our injury toll is a blessing in disguise.
AFB moving on is as well.

Walker filling in for Tom and Suli (as usual) have been horrible and have played a fair part toward our dismal performances...and i'm really over Walker for MANY reasons.

Tom back af FB next week. Winner

Harper will deservedly hold Suli's spot, and I wish Funa would partner him in his best position.. Winner

Sipley gets a run because AFB is gone. Winner

Guacamole to replace Jack from next week. Winner

Hopefully Saddler gets a shot because of Sirro's injury. Winner

Lawton would have been cheap because of his injury and will be useful when he is healed. Winner

Davey is a loss...but helps allow Saddler a crack. 50/50

Cust is not on the list and should be back next week.

My team next week because of our injuries.

Tent
Cust
Aoli
Gauc
Jake
Shoe

DCE
Foz
Saab
Harper
Funa
Garrick
Tom

Koula
Marty
Sipley
Saddler
I like it but with Koula still playing 18s I doubt he will get a shot this year. Happy to carry a back on the bench, maybe Tuipulotu...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7