• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
King looks gone for the season!!!  Foot is apparently broken again. Bad luck to him but with Hall in good form we can probably cover him. Pity though.

Lyon has a medial tear - no idea how serious but it figures that he may be out for a couple of weeks at least.

Orford could have played at a pinch tonight but rested to be fully healed for the run to the semis.

Must be a weird sort of injury that King has, that the Docs struggle to read

Manu Vatuvei did the same thing the day after King broke his. Manu came back for the game against us, and re broke it during that game, and King has now also re broken it on his comeback

My opinion of King increased when they showed the shot of him upending a table in the dressing shed.  Clearly devastated and hurting about not being able to play.  Some players would be happy about still being paid while not needing to expend any effort for the rest of the year. 

agreed maras I was very impressed with that. It shows the heart that is in the club now

Des just interviewed on radio - King not as bad as first thought, Lyon 4 to 6 weeks

The Wheel link said:
Des just interviewed on radio - King not as bad as first thought, Lyon 4 to 6 weeks

Good news about Kingy but bad about Killer.

We play the Roosters,Panthers and Storm over the next three weeks. I would like to think were a chance of winning at least two of those games even with Lyon and King out.

Problem with King is that he is already lacking match fitness.  If he's out until the finals he won't be in good condition.

agreed about king. I don't think we will miss him as much as we will miss Lyon

Zorba said this morning on 2ky that King is gone for the season and early prognosis on Lyon is at least 6 weeks

The Wheel link said:
Zorba said this morning on 2ky that King is gone for the season and early prognosis on Lyon is at least 6 weeks

LOL @ Zorba with all the doom and gloom about the injuries
wher last week he was beating his chest

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177921.msg190603#msg190603 date=1216509681]

LOL @ Zorba with all the doom and gloom about the injuries
wher last week he was beating his chest
[/quote]Do you think that someone has told him to pull his head in and toe the party line with the injuries - better to be circumspect and low key????

Going by the club's stance on giving information on injuries, I wouldn't take any notice of how long they will be out. What they've said may just be a smoke screen but then again it could be true. We'll just have to wait and see.

By Steve Mascord July 21 2008

"In other news, Manly coach Des Hasler said yesterday he was hopeful the season of prop Jason King was not over after he re-injured an ankle in the 28-10 win over Parramatta at Brookvale on Friday night.

"Initial X-rays didn't show up any break but he still has to have scans," said Hasler. "The intial results were encouraging."

Matabele link said:
My opinion of King increased when they showed the shot of him upending a table in the dressing shed.  Clearly devastated and hurting about not being able to play.  Some players would be happy about still being paid while not needing to expend any effort for the rest of the year. 
    Top grade footballers want to play, more than anything else !,Who wants to be injured & sitting in the stands ??

robbiea link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=177921.msg190566#msg190566 date=1216427263]
     Top grade footballers want to play, more than anything else !,Who wants to be injured & sitting in the stands ??
[/quote]

Yep, Kingy wants to be part of the run-on premiership winning side.

Get well big fella!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8