India Test Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watson, Pattinson, Johnson & Khwaja are not going to be considered for the 3rd test after not providing feedback on how the team can improve for the next two tests.

Naughty boys for not doing their homework, they've been grounded. Seems almost comical, imagine if they tried that on Warnie....LOL. He struggled with Buchanan and Waughs Art of War extracts. I would love to hear Chappelli's view on this, he'd be blowing up deluxe wouldn't he ?

Actually I've just read Watson is coming home to be with his pregnant wife, which I hope is with the blessing of the management, otherwise that's a massive story if he has abandoned the tour.

Watson and Pattinson were probably auto picks for next test, and Khawaja was more than likely first cab off the rank as replacement bat. So that means that Hughes will live for another test and more than likely Smith will get a run. God help us with Maxwell and Smith in the same side. Do they also bring back Lyon ?? Does Haddin bat at 5 ??

This is going to be one interesting side, with at least 3 changes being forced now. My guess

Cowan
Warner
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Haddin
Henriques
Maxwell
Starc
Siddle
Lyon / Doherty

Wow, that's the weakest Aussie batting line up I've seen for a while, especially considering how badly that top 3 are struggling. Only good thing about this situation is Clarke is forced to move up the order, which may turn into a permanent arrangement. Bowling isn't great either, I'd personally dump Maxwell for Lyon and keep Doherty to tie an end down and let Lyon attack more. Smith can at least offer a bit of variation, albeit not that consistent. But I can see they'll be trying to keep as much batting depth as possible, so Maxwell will probably live. Looks like 3-0 coming up.

I'm not sure where I stand with this C & C.
On one hand it does seem like something a little pedantic to be giving grown men "homework".
On the other hand it is a team sport and if the captain and coach want contributions from the squad them bottom line is, they should contribute.
We are 2-0 down in the series. I would think the squad would be doing whatever they can to bring some respectability back to the series.
I think it is a bold stand and hats off to Arthurs and Clarke for having the "nads" to do it.
No doubt it would have been an extremely tough thing to do given at least 2 of the 4 would have been in the 11 for the next test.

Anyway onto the the 3rd test. Yep I would play Haddin regardless. Play him as at bat if needed. He is not going to do any worse than some of the current top 6. The only down side is that wicketkeepers always look like total 'gumbys' in the field, and if the first two tests are anything to go by, we will be spending a lot of time in the field.

Warner
Cowan
Hughes
Clarke
Haddin
Wade
Henriques
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Doherty

Long tail....Agree C & C - no matter which way they go it is going to be the weakest batting line up in a long long time.

Bring back Deano & AB...Ponting would have to be back in the mix too, :p

I dunno Fluffy. You have more faith than me. ;)

So, Steve Smith is the new Stephen Bradbury of Australian cricket.

ok debut

How long till Sanhu gets a gig?

14 @ 12 in his first 2 matches and he is still 100 days off 20

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Well I was feeling better seeing starc get his 99, pushing us out to 400+.

Then woke up to see India 283 for none.

Wow.

Anyone know what has happened to Aust cricket?

(Don't forget your homework)

3-0 and can't see us winning the next one.

I was wondering whether MSD and the Little Master had loaded up with John the Bookie on the draw, because they couldn't get it off the square there at the end and it looked extremely suss.

Chip and Chase said:
3-0 and can't see us winning the next one.

I was wondering whether MSD and the Little Master had loaded up with John the Bookie on the draw, because they couldn't get it off the square there at the end and it looked extremely suss.

Absolutely. What was going on there? Why the go slow???

The only positive out of this series was that I got 15-1 on an Indian 4 nil result. Nice.

Kiwi Eagle said:
We aren't getting the game here. I see Maxwell opened the 2nd innings, please explain ?

Opened the batting and the bowling !!! WTF. I can only assume Watson bought a season pass to "The Big Show" and wanted to get his money's worth.

The ashes looking like being a battle of the losers, barring rain the kiwis look like thrashing the poms, needing 6 wickets on the final day.

Chip and Chase said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
We aren't getting the game here. I see Maxwell opened the 2nd innings, please explain ?

Opened the batting and the bowling !!! WTF. I can only assume Watson bought a season pass to "The Big Show" and wanted to get his money's worth.

I assumed Cowan must have been injured but then he came in at 3, strange move considering Watson has been so desperate to open as well

Hopefully we can finish the Poms off today, got 2 of the big wickets last night, still gonna be hard toil though. Was beautiful watching them fall apart yesterday as 2 Metre Peter and McCullum cut loose, 1 of the 6s was a monster !! 116m down the ground

20 overs left and 3 to get, don't think it is gonna be our day

Prior played the ball into his stumps earlier and the bails didn't move, theres a clear sign things aren't gonna work for ya

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6